- 2014 NBA playoffs roundtable and predictions
- NHL playoffs 2014 preview: Stanley Cup roundtable and predictions
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 15: 49ers’ Aldon Smith arrested, Josh Hamilton out for two months
- NFL Draft 2014: Whose stock is rising and falling?
- Lakers lose 7th straight in home finale blowout vs. Grizzlies, 102-90
- Sacramento Kings look ahead in win vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Are stalled contract talks weighing down Pablo Sandoval?
- Los Angeles Lakers: 5 players L.A. needs to keep in 2014-15
Steve Nash suffers strained hamstring against Kings
- Updated: March 31, 2013
Los Angeles Lakers point guard Steve Nash played less than two minutes in a 103-98 victory against the Sacramento Kings on Saturday night, leaving the game in the first quarter with a strained right hamstring per Kevin Ding of the OC Register. Nash had two points, scoring on his only field goal attempt and one assist.
The problematic hamstring revealed itself during a 113-103 Lakers loss to the Milwaukee Bucks on Thursday night. Nash left the game in the third quarter and did not return. He was also suffering from a hip spasm.
Nash has been hobbled by injuries to start the season and now he is experiencing issues late in the season. Nash was previously sidelined with a fractured fibula for almost seven weeks when he collided with Portland Trail Blazers rookie Damian Lillard two games into the season.
The injury comes at a crucial juncture given the Lakers are chasing the Utah Jazz for the eighth and final playoff spot in the Western Conference with eight games remaining in their regular season. The Lakers and Jazz currently have identical records, but Utah holds the tiebreaker advantage with a better divisional record.
The Lakers will play the Dallas Mavericks next at the Staples Center on Tuesday night. Dallas remains a game and a half behind the Jazz in the race for the final playoff spot.
Ben Hernandez Jr.
Latest posts by Ben Hernandez Jr. (see all)
- Blazers’ Damian Lillard has the panache to lead franchise - May 13, 2013
- Different seasons, but same endings for Lakers and Clippers - May 6, 2013
- Lakers news: Dwight Howard unable to maintain poise in Game 4 - April 29, 2013