- Pac-12 video preview: California Golden Bears at Washington Huskies
- Lakers sign center Robert Upshaw
- Raiders’ Charles Woodson, Derek Carr day-to-day with injuries
- Philip Rivers, Carlos Hyde earn NFL players of the week honors
- Golden State Warriors pursuing Steve Nash, per report
- Video preview: Utah State Aggies at Washington Huskies
- Seattle Seahawks top Las Vegas sportsbook as Super Bowl favorites
- Lions vs. Chargers: Philip Rivers, Melvin Gordon dealing with nerves, excitement
- Richard Sherman: Tom Brady, Patriots didn’t cheat
- Pac-12 preview: Oregon Ducks at Michigan State Spartans
Blake Griffin and Matt Barnes are Clippers’ latest injuries
- Updated: March 31, 2013
Los Angeles Clippers forwards Blake Griffin and Matt Barnes are the team’s latest injuries with Griffin suffering from a swollen left calf and Barnes from a sprained left ankle, as reported by the LA Times.
Griffin was hampered by the calf injury during last Friday’s 104-102 loss to the San Antonio Spurs. However, he played 38 minutes and scored 18 points, but it came on just 7-of-20 shooting. He played 10 less minutes in Saturday night’s 98-81 loss to the Houston Rockets, scoring 12 points on 5-of-11 from the field.
Clippers head athletic trainer Jasen Powell apparently told Griffin that the injury could take five days to heal.
“It’s pretty swollen and it’s pretty sore,” said Clippers head coach Vinny Del Negro. “You could tell a little bit last night (in San Antonio). He’s battling through it right now. He’s got some fluid in there.”
Barnes suffered the ankle sprain in the fourth quarter of the Houston loss, limping towards the locker room afterwards and never returning. Coach Del Negro said that Barnes will be reevaluated when the team returns to Los Angeles.
These latest injuries already add to a Clippers roster that’s also missing guard Chauncey Billups. Billups aggravated a strained right groin injury and his playing status for the rest of the season is undetermined.
Ben Hernandez Jr.
Latest posts by Ben Hernandez Jr. (see all)
- Blazers’ Damian Lillard has the panache to lead franchise - May 13, 2013
- Different seasons, but same endings for Lakers and Clippers - May 6, 2013
- Lakers news: Dwight Howard unable to maintain poise in Game 4 - April 29, 2013