- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
- Sharks finally finish Kings in season opener, 4-0
- Lakers training camp 2014: Has Wesley Johnson found his niche?
- NFL Quotes Roundup, Week 5: Reggie Wayne acknowledges age, RGIII makes progress
Blake Griffin and Matt Barnes are Clippers’ latest injuries
- Updated: March 31, 2013
Los Angeles Clippers forwards Blake Griffin and Matt Barnes are the team’s latest injuries with Griffin suffering from a swollen left calf and Barnes from a sprained left ankle, as reported by the LA Times.
Griffin was hampered by the calf injury during last Friday’s 104-102 loss to the San Antonio Spurs. However, he played 38 minutes and scored 18 points, but it came on just 7-of-20 shooting. He played 10 less minutes in Saturday night’s 98-81 loss to the Houston Rockets, scoring 12 points on 5-of-11 from the field.
Clippers head athletic trainer Jasen Powell apparently told Griffin that the injury could take five days to heal.
“It’s pretty swollen and it’s pretty sore,” said Clippers head coach Vinny Del Negro. “You could tell a little bit last night (in San Antonio). He’s battling through it right now. He’s got some fluid in there.”
Barnes suffered the ankle sprain in the fourth quarter of the Houston loss, limping towards the locker room afterwards and never returning. Coach Del Negro said that Barnes will be reevaluated when the team returns to Los Angeles.
These latest injuries already add to a Clippers roster that’s also missing guard Chauncey Billups. Billups aggravated a strained right groin injury and his playing status for the rest of the season is undetermined.
Ben Hernandez Jr.
Latest posts by Ben Hernandez Jr. (see all)
- Blazers’ Damian Lillard has the panache to lead franchise - May 13, 2013
- Different seasons, but same endings for Lakers and Clippers - May 6, 2013
- Lakers news: Dwight Howard unable to maintain poise in Game 4 - April 29, 2013