- Stephen Curry captures magic of Warriors’ Oracle Arena
- 49ers Week 15 primer: Can San Francisco carry their momentum to Tampa Bay?
- Seahawks vs. Giants preview: Seattle looks to rebound on the East Coast
- Lakers news: Steve Blake to miss at least six weeks with elbow injury
- Stale Sacramento Kings fail versus Utah Jazz 122-101
- Mark Trumbo trade: Did Jerry Dipoto make the right move?
- Lakers news: Kobe Bryant’s return adds unique challenges for teammates
- Clippers news: Stephen Jackson signs with L.A.
- Sacramento Kings trade exports won’t be simple to replace
- Lakers: Kobe Bryant’s improvement encouraging
Kobe Bryant probable and Steve Nash questionable against Kings
- Updated: March 30, 2013
The LA Times reported that Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant will be probable against the Sacramento Kings on Saturday night while point guard Steve Nash remains questionable. In short, the Lakers could have one or both of their starting backcourt in uniform as they seek to close out a four-game road trip on a winning note at the Sleep Train Arena in Sacramento, Calif.
A bone spur hampered Bryant following a 113-103 loss to the Milwaukee Bucks on Thursday night. Nash left the third quarter of that game and did not return after experiencing a hip spasm and a sore hamstring.
The aging backcourt duo of Bryant and Nash has had their share of injuries this season. Nash was sidelined with a fractured fibula for almost seven weeks when he collided with Trail Blazers rookie Damian Lillard two games into the season. Over two weeks ago, Bryant missed two games with a severely sprained left ankle.
The Lakers are 1-2 on their current road stand and will need as many wins as possible in order to stay in postseason contention. The Utah Jazz defeated the Portland Trail Blazers on Friday night and supplanted the Lakers for the eighth and final playoff spot in the Western Conference. Utah and Los Angeles have identical win-loss records, but Utah has the tiebreaker advantage with a better divisional record.
Ben Hernandez Jr.
Latest posts by Ben Hernandez Jr. (see all)
- Blazers’ Damian Lillard has the panache to lead franchise - May 13, 2013
- Different seasons, but same endings for Lakers and Clippers - May 6, 2013
- Lakers news: Dwight Howard unable to maintain poise in Game 4 - April 29, 2013