- Pac-12 video preview: California Golden Bears at Washington Huskies
- Lakers sign center Robert Upshaw
- Raiders’ Charles Woodson, Derek Carr day-to-day with injuries
- Philip Rivers, Carlos Hyde earn NFL players of the week honors
- Golden State Warriors pursuing Steve Nash, per report
- Video preview: Utah State Aggies at Washington Huskies
- Seattle Seahawks top Las Vegas sportsbook as Super Bowl favorites
- Lions vs. Chargers: Philip Rivers, Melvin Gordon dealing with nerves, excitement
- Richard Sherman: Tom Brady, Patriots didn’t cheat
- Pac-12 preview: Oregon Ducks at Michigan State Spartans
Kobe Bryant probable and Steve Nash questionable against Kings
- Updated: March 30, 2013
The LA Times reported that Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant will be probable against the Sacramento Kings on Saturday night while point guard Steve Nash remains questionable. In short, the Lakers could have one or both of their starting backcourt in uniform as they seek to close out a four-game road trip on a winning note at the Sleep Train Arena in Sacramento, Calif.
A bone spur hampered Bryant following a 113-103 loss to the Milwaukee Bucks on Thursday night. Nash left the third quarter of that game and did not return after experiencing a hip spasm and a sore hamstring.
The aging backcourt duo of Bryant and Nash has had their share of injuries this season. Nash was sidelined with a fractured fibula for almost seven weeks when he collided with Trail Blazers rookie Damian Lillard two games into the season. Over two weeks ago, Bryant missed two games with a severely sprained left ankle.
The Lakers are 1-2 on their current road stand and will need as many wins as possible in order to stay in postseason contention. The Utah Jazz defeated the Portland Trail Blazers on Friday night and supplanted the Lakers for the eighth and final playoff spot in the Western Conference. Utah and Los Angeles have identical win-loss records, but Utah has the tiebreaker advantage with a better divisional record.
Ben Hernandez Jr.
Latest posts by Ben Hernandez Jr. (see all)
- Blazers’ Damian Lillard has the panache to lead franchise - May 13, 2013
- Different seasons, but same endings for Lakers and Clippers - May 6, 2013
- Lakers news: Dwight Howard unable to maintain poise in Game 4 - April 29, 2013