- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
49ers news: QB Pat White works out for San Francisco
- Updated: March 29, 2013
On Thursday, quarterback Pat White, who lasted played for the Miami Dolphins in 2009, worked out with San Francisco 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh at the team’s Santa Clara facility, according to CSNBayArea.com’s Kyle Bonagura via Twitter.
White, 27, was an All-American quarterback at West Virginia and was one of the most dynamic and efficient players in college back in 2007 and 2008, where he was sixth and seventh, respectively, in Heisman Trophy voting. A second-round pick in 2009, he was drafted by then-head coach Tony Sporano for the “Wildcat” role in Miami. In White’s only professional season with the Dolphins, he played in 13 games, carried the ball 21 times for 81 yards and was unsuccessful in all five of his pass attempts.
Given the growing use of the read option in the NFL, White is getting a look by many teams including the 49ers. Absent from the league for several seasons, he worked out for 10 teams on March 14 after West Virginia’s pro day.
The 49ers currently have two quarterbacks in the roster: Colin Kaepernick and Scott Tolzien. When looking at how White mirrors Kaepernick in many ways, the collegiate star could be the team’s answer for an affordable, mobile backup.
Follow and interact with Austin Chang on Twitter @_austinchang.
Latest posts by Austin Chang (see all)
- NFC West Week 4 roundup: 49ers dominate Rams, Seahawks win in overtime - September 30, 2013
- NFC West Week 3 roundup: Seahawks only bright spot in poor showing by division - September 23, 2013
- What will Trent Richardson do in Colts debut against 49ers? - September 22, 2013