- San Diego State football news: Four-star recruit DeSean Holmes abandons program
- Pressure doesn’t break Chris Taylor-Yamanoha
- Video: Watch Marshawn Lynch sell Skittles on shopping network
- Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O’Neal show love for one another on podcast
- Fred Jackson visits with Seahawks, contract imminent, per report
- Clippers fined $250K for mishandling DeAndre Jordan free agency
- Leonard Williams avoids serious knee-injury
- Tyrell Williams – former NCAA Division II wideout – is bolting up in San Diego
- Boise State denies that Sam Ukwuachu’s 2013 dismissal was because of allegations of abuse
- Russell Wilson says he didn’t suffer a concussion in NFC Championship game
NFL trade rumors: Oakland Raiders interested in Matt Flynn
- Updated: March 27, 2013
Oakland Raiders’ general manager Reggie McKenzie continues to try and put together a quality roster and make the Raiders respectable. According to CSNbayarea.com, McKenzie is thinking of reuniting with his former Green Bay Packers backup Matt Flynn.
With Carson Palmer reportedly not interested in restructuring his contract, the Raiders have begun to look for plan B. The Raiders would like to bring Palmer’s cap number down, but he is not interested in taking a pay cut. The Raiders may have no choice but to release him.
While McKenzie was in the front office of the Packers, Flynn served as the backup to Aaron Rodgers. When called upon, Flynn showed himself to be reliable in his backup role. Flynn was signed last season by the Seattle Seahawks and expected to be their starter. However, rookie Russell Wilson came in and seized the job for himself.
The Seahawks reportedly would like a fourth-round pick for Flynn.
The Raiders like quarterback Terrelle Pryor, who has been in their system long enough to get a look at the starting role. But the Raiders do not wish to go into the season with such limited experience at the quarterback position, making a deal for Flynn more likely.
Photo Credit: Gabriel Cervantes | Wikimedia Commons