- NCAA Tournament 2014: San Diego State head coach Steve Fisher eyeing top-4 seed
- Matt Kemp injury: Dodgers OF feeling strong after minor league game
- Phil Jackson rumors: Ex-Lakers coach gets offers from Knicks
- Portland Trail Blazers’ GM eyes ‘elite’ status as goal
- Watch out for the Houston Rockets
- Brandon Browner reinstated by the NFL
- Corey Brewer reflects on his annihilation of Derek Fisher
- 2014 NFL Draft: 5 Pac-12 standouts who could make an immediate impact
- NFL Draft 2014: Jadeveon Clowney should be No. 1 pick, says Marcus Lattimore
- Seahawks choose not to use franchise tag on Steven Hauschka
NFL trade rumors: Oakland Raiders interested in Matt Flynn
- Updated: March 27, 2013
Oakland Raiders’ general manager Reggie McKenzie continues to try and put together a quality roster and make the Raiders respectable. According to CSNbayarea.com, McKenzie is thinking of reuniting with his former Green Bay Packers backup Matt Flynn.
With Carson Palmer reportedly not interested in restructuring his contract, the Raiders have begun to look for plan B. The Raiders would like to bring Palmer’s cap number down, but he is not interested in taking a pay cut. The Raiders may have no choice but to release him.
While McKenzie was in the front office of the Packers, Flynn served as the backup to Aaron Rodgers. When called upon, Flynn showed himself to be reliable in his backup role. Flynn was signed last season by the Seattle Seahawks and expected to be their starter. However, rookie Russell Wilson came in and seized the job for himself.
The Seahawks reportedly would like a fourth-round pick for Flynn.
The Raiders like quarterback Terrelle Pryor, who has been in their system long enough to get a look at the starting role. But the Raiders do not wish to go into the season with such limited experience at the quarterback position, making a deal for Flynn more likely.
Photo Credit: Gabriel Cervantes | Wikimedia Commons
Latest posts by Keenan Actkins (see all)
- NFL free agency 2014: NFC West players on the move - March 10, 2014
- NFL free agency 2014: AFC West Free Agent Targets - March 5, 2014
- 2014 NFL Draft: 5 Pac-12 standouts who could make an immediate impact - March 3, 2014