- MVP performance a future glimpse of Ray McCallum
- Seattle Seahawks jerseys top NFLshop.com sales
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres
- NBA Summer League 2014: Julius Randle, Jordan Clarkson lead Lakers past Nuggets, 83-77
- Joe Torre on Hall of Fame: ‘Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity’
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million
- Steve Kerr impresses at NBA Summer League, despite record
- British Open 2014: Tiger Woods fires 69, sits 3 shots back after Round 1
- The Sacramento Kings’ veteran crisis
- NBA Summer League tournament beginning to take shape
NFL trade rumors: Oakland Raiders interested in Matt Flynn
- Updated: March 27, 2013
Oakland Raiders’ general manager Reggie McKenzie continues to try and put together a quality roster and make the Raiders respectable. According to CSNbayarea.com, McKenzie is thinking of reuniting with his former Green Bay Packers backup Matt Flynn.
With Carson Palmer reportedly not interested in restructuring his contract, the Raiders have begun to look for plan B. The Raiders would like to bring Palmer’s cap number down, but he is not interested in taking a pay cut. The Raiders may have no choice but to release him.
While McKenzie was in the front office of the Packers, Flynn served as the backup to Aaron Rodgers. When called upon, Flynn showed himself to be reliable in his backup role. Flynn was signed last season by the Seattle Seahawks and expected to be their starter. However, rookie Russell Wilson came in and seized the job for himself.
The Seahawks reportedly would like a fourth-round pick for Flynn.
The Raiders like quarterback Terrelle Pryor, who has been in their system long enough to get a look at the starting role. But the Raiders do not wish to go into the season with such limited experience at the quarterback position, making a deal for Flynn more likely.
Photo Credit: Gabriel Cervantes | Wikimedia Commons
Latest posts by Keenan Actkins (see all)
- NFL Training Camp 2014: 5 Veterans who need a strong Camp - July 23, 2014
- NBA Offseason 2014: Will the Cavaliers regret re-signing Lebron James? - July 16, 2014
- NBA Offseason 2014: Top Five Teams affected By Lebron James decision - July 14, 2014