- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
- NFL Training Camp 2014: Chargers season preview
- Raiders training camp 2014: Darren McFadden unfazed by demotion
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy
- Outdoor game between Sharks and Kings leaked
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71
- UCLA to replace waterlogged court at Pauley Pavilion
NFL trade rumors: Oakland Raiders interested in Matt Flynn
- Updated: March 27, 2013
Oakland Raiders’ general manager Reggie McKenzie continues to try and put together a quality roster and make the Raiders respectable. According to CSNbayarea.com, McKenzie is thinking of reuniting with his former Green Bay Packers backup Matt Flynn.
With Carson Palmer reportedly not interested in restructuring his contract, the Raiders have begun to look for plan B. The Raiders would like to bring Palmer’s cap number down, but he is not interested in taking a pay cut. The Raiders may have no choice but to release him.
While McKenzie was in the front office of the Packers, Flynn served as the backup to Aaron Rodgers. When called upon, Flynn showed himself to be reliable in his backup role. Flynn was signed last season by the Seattle Seahawks and expected to be their starter. However, rookie Russell Wilson came in and seized the job for himself.
The Seahawks reportedly would like a fourth-round pick for Flynn.
The Raiders like quarterback Terrelle Pryor, who has been in their system long enough to get a look at the starting role. But the Raiders do not wish to go into the season with such limited experience at the quarterback position, making a deal for Flynn more likely.
Photo Credit: Gabriel Cervantes | Wikimedia Commons
Latest posts by Keenan Actkins (see all)
- NFL 2014: Fantasy Football Sleepers Buy or Sell list - August 27, 2014
- NFL 2014: How should the Rams respond to Sam Bradford’s injury? - August 25, 2014
- Star athletes need to speak up! - August 20, 2014