- Lakers news: Steve Blake to miss at least six weeks with elbow injury
- Stale Sacramento Kings fail versus Utah Jazz 122-101
- Mark Trumbo trade: Did Jerry Dipoto make the right move?
- Lakers news: Kobe Bryant’s return adds unique challenges for teammates
- Clippers news: Stephen Jackson signs with L.A.
- Sacramento Kings trade exports won’t be simple to replace
- Lakers: Kobe Bryant’s improvement encouraging
- Kobe Bryant improves, but Lakers fall 114-108 to Suns
- Chargers vs. Broncos preview: Philip Rivers needs big day for Bolts upset
- Los Angeles Angels news: Halos acquire Tyler Skaggs and Hector Santiago in three-team deal
NFL trade rumors: Oakland Raiders interested in Matt Flynn
- Updated: March 27, 2013
Oakland Raiders’ general manager Reggie McKenzie continues to try and put together a quality roster and make the Raiders respectable. According to CSNbayarea.com, McKenzie is thinking of reuniting with his former Green Bay Packers backup Matt Flynn.
With Carson Palmer reportedly not interested in restructuring his contract, the Raiders have begun to look for plan B. The Raiders would like to bring Palmer’s cap number down, but he is not interested in taking a pay cut. The Raiders may have no choice but to release him.
While McKenzie was in the front office of the Packers, Flynn served as the backup to Aaron Rodgers. When called upon, Flynn showed himself to be reliable in his backup role. Flynn was signed last season by the Seattle Seahawks and expected to be their starter. However, rookie Russell Wilson came in and seized the job for himself.
The Seahawks reportedly would like a fourth-round pick for Flynn.
The Raiders like quarterback Terrelle Pryor, who has been in their system long enough to get a look at the starting role. But the Raiders do not wish to go into the season with such limited experience at the quarterback position, making a deal for Flynn more likely.
Photo Credit: Gabriel Cervantes | Wikimedia Commons
Latest posts by Keenan Actkins (see all)
- Chargers vs. Broncos preview: Philip Rivers needs big day for Bolts upset - December 11, 2013
- Chargers vs. Giants preview: Key matchups - December 4, 2013
- AFC West Roundup: Eric Decker dominates, Chargers come up short - December 2, 2013