- UPDATE: Odell Beckham Jr. wins Madden Cover
- NFL defense contracts tell sad tale of greed
- Clippers dominate 3rd quarter, beat Rockets, 128-95
- Lakers should hold off on max offer sheet to Jimmy Butler
- NFL Draft 2015: Rumors swirl as Day 1 nears
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’
- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
NBA news: Does Knicks vs. Celtics rivalry matter this year?
- Updated: March 27, 2013
This rivalry used to mean something, and in the past, it was a game that even those of us out West would want to tune into, especially given the fact that both are playoff teams, despite Boston’s continued appearance that they may be playing themselves out of a spot in the postseason by dropping their fifth straight.
The fact that it was a lopsided affair played a role in this one being a snooze-fest, not to mention the fact that future Hall-of-Famer Kevin Garnett sat out the contest with inflammation in his ankle. The point is, that when these teams get together to do battle, there is reason for any NBA fan to tune in no matter what the circumstances. Now, however, it seems as though its lost some of its luster.
It could be the KG factor — he’s among the most fun players to watch in the league, even at his advanced age, due to an unmatched passion and intensity for the game. If one were to take Ray Lewis, stretch him out about one foot and shave off about 30 pounds, then you’d effectively have the same person. What we’re getting at here is that Knicks vs. C’s will always be worth tuning into, but for at least one night late in the season when it should have been a larger affair, there was no particular reason to watch these two teams do battle.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’ - April 27, 2015
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues - March 17, 2015
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament - March 14, 2015