- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
NBA news: Does Knicks vs. Celtics rivalry matter this year?
- Updated: March 27, 2013
This rivalry used to mean something, and in the past, it was a game that even those of us out West would want to tune into, especially given the fact that both are playoff teams, despite Boston’s continued appearance that they may be playing themselves out of a spot in the postseason by dropping their fifth straight.
The fact that it was a lopsided affair played a role in this one being a snooze-fest, not to mention the fact that future Hall-of-Famer Kevin Garnett sat out the contest with inflammation in his ankle. The point is, that when these teams get together to do battle, there is reason for any NBA fan to tune in no matter what the circumstances. Now, however, it seems as though its lost some of its luster.
It could be the KG factor — he’s among the most fun players to watch in the league, even at his advanced age, due to an unmatched passion and intensity for the game. If one were to take Ray Lewis, stretch him out about one foot and shave off about 30 pounds, then you’d effectively have the same person. What we’re getting at here is that Knicks vs. C’s will always be worth tuning into, but for at least one night late in the season when it should have been a larger affair, there was no particular reason to watch these two teams do battle.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks - December 12, 2014
- VIDEO: Russell Wilson makes Fletcher Cox look silly on quarterback scramble - December 7, 2014
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70 - December 5, 2014