- NHL playoffs 2014 preview: Stanley Cup roundtable and predictions
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 15: 49ers’ Aldon Smith arrested, Josh Hamilton out for two months
- NFL Draft 2014: Whose stock is rising and falling?
- Lakers lose 7th straight in home finale blowout vs. Grizzlies, 102-90
- Sacramento Kings look ahead in win vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Are stalled contract talks weighing down Pablo Sandoval?
- Los Angeles Lakers: 5 players L.A. needs to keep in 2014-15
- NHL Playoffs 2014: 3 dark horse Western Conference squads with a shot at the Stanley Cup
NBA news: Does Knicks vs. Celtics rivalry matter this year?
- Updated: March 27, 2013
This rivalry used to mean something, and in the past, it was a game that even those of us out West would want to tune into, especially given the fact that both are playoff teams, despite Boston’s continued appearance that they may be playing themselves out of a spot in the postseason by dropping their fifth straight.
The fact that it was a lopsided affair played a role in this one being a snooze-fest, not to mention the fact that future Hall-of-Famer Kevin Garnett sat out the contest with inflammation in his ankle. The point is, that when these teams get together to do battle, there is reason for any NBA fan to tune in no matter what the circumstances. Now, however, it seems as though its lost some of its luster.
It could be the KG factor — he’s among the most fun players to watch in the league, even at his advanced age, due to an unmatched passion and intensity for the game. If one were to take Ray Lewis, stretch him out about one foot and shave off about 30 pounds, then you’d effectively have the same person. What we’re getting at here is that Knicks vs. C’s will always be worth tuning into, but for at least one night late in the season when it should have been a larger affair, there was no particular reason to watch these two teams do battle.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding - April 16, 2014
- Michael Cuddyer injury: Rockies OF exits with hurt right elbow - April 14, 2014
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale - April 14, 2014