- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
Metta World Peace injury: Lakers’ F has meniscus tear in knee
- Updated: March 26, 2013
Los Angeles Lakers forward Metta World Peace has a torn lateral meniscus in his left knee, according to Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register.
World Peace will fly back to Los Angeles and leave the team’s current road trip in order to receive further treatment and evaluation from the team’s medical staff. The injury is a devastating blow to the Lakers’ playoff hopes as they have just 11 games to correct a number of issues on the court and from a team chemistry standpoint.
With injuries to Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, Dwight Howard and Steve Nash, all of the starters have yet to get on the same page, and it has manifested itself in the team’s 36-35 record. World Peace has averaged 12.8 points, 5.1 rebounds and 1.7 steals in 70 games this season. He has had his most consistent season as a member of the Lakers to date, and his defensive presence on a team normally deficient in that all-important area will be sorely missed.
The former NBA Defensive Player of the Year will miss the remainder of the Lakers’ road trip as they travel to take on the Minnesota Timberwolves and Milwaukee Bucks in a back-to-back series.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank - December 20, 2014
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks - December 12, 2014
- VIDEO: Russell Wilson makes Fletcher Cox look silly on quarterback scramble - December 7, 2014