- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
- MVP performance a future glimpse of Ray McCallum
- Seattle Seahawks jerseys top NFLshop.com sales
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres
- NBA Summer League 2014: Julius Randle, Jordan Clarkson lead Lakers past Nuggets, 83-77
- Joe Torre on Hall of Fame: ‘Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity’
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million
- Steve Kerr impresses at NBA Summer League, despite record
- British Open 2014: Tiger Woods fires 69, sits 3 shots back after Round 1
Metta World Peace injury: Lakers’ F has meniscus tear in knee
- Updated: March 26, 2013
Los Angeles Lakers forward Metta World Peace has a torn lateral meniscus in his left knee, according to Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register.
World Peace will fly back to Los Angeles and leave the team’s current road trip in order to receive further treatment and evaluation from the team’s medical staff. The injury is a devastating blow to the Lakers’ playoff hopes as they have just 11 games to correct a number of issues on the court and from a team chemistry standpoint.
With injuries to Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, Dwight Howard and Steve Nash, all of the starters have yet to get on the same page, and it has manifested itself in the team’s 36-35 record. World Peace has averaged 12.8 points, 5.1 rebounds and 1.7 steals in 70 games this season. He has had his most consistent season as a member of the Lakers to date, and his defensive presence on a team normally deficient in that all-important area will be sorely missed.
The former NBA Defensive Player of the Year will miss the remainder of the Lakers’ road trip as they travel to take on the Minnesota Timberwolves and Milwaukee Bucks in a back-to-back series.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres - July 19, 2014
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million - July 18, 2014
- British Open 2014: Tiger Woods fires 69, sits 3 shots back after Round 1 - July 17, 2014