- Chargers vs. Bills, Week 3: Can Bolts build off big win?
- Chargers will go as far as Philip Rivers, veterans will take them
- Chargers vs. Seahawks: 3 things we learned in the Bolts’ 30-21 win
- NFL season 2014: Top 5 surprises of Week 2
- NFL mishandles Ray Rice situation
- Chargers vs. Cardinals, NFL Week 1 preview: Bolts have early road test on MNF stage
- Eric Weddle on 2014 Chargers: ‘We can beat anybody’
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
Metta World Peace injury: Lakers’ F has meniscus tear in knee
- Updated: March 26, 2013
Los Angeles Lakers forward Metta World Peace has a torn lateral meniscus in his left knee, according to Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register.
World Peace will fly back to Los Angeles and leave the team’s current road trip in order to receive further treatment and evaluation from the team’s medical staff. The injury is a devastating blow to the Lakers’ playoff hopes as they have just 11 games to correct a number of issues on the court and from a team chemistry standpoint.
With injuries to Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, Dwight Howard and Steve Nash, all of the starters have yet to get on the same page, and it has manifested itself in the team’s 36-35 record. World Peace has averaged 12.8 points, 5.1 rebounds and 1.7 steals in 70 games this season. He has had his most consistent season as a member of the Lakers to date, and his defensive presence on a team normally deficient in that all-important area will be sorely missed.
The former NBA Defensive Player of the Year will miss the remainder of the Lakers’ road trip as they travel to take on the Minnesota Timberwolves and Milwaukee Bucks in a back-to-back series.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report - August 31, 2014
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014