- NHL playoffs 2014 preview: Stanley Cup roundtable and predictions
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 15: 49ers’ Aldon Smith arrested, Josh Hamilton out for two months
- NFL Draft 2014: Whose stock is rising and falling?
- Lakers lose 7th straight in home finale blowout vs. Grizzlies, 102-90
- Sacramento Kings look ahead in win vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Are stalled contract talks weighing down Pablo Sandoval?
- Los Angeles Lakers: 5 players L.A. needs to keep in 2014-15
- NHL Playoffs 2014: 3 dark horse Western Conference squads with a shot at the Stanley Cup
Metta World Peace injury: Lakers’ F has meniscus tear in knee
- Updated: March 26, 2013
Los Angeles Lakers forward Metta World Peace has a torn lateral meniscus in his left knee, according to Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register.
World Peace will fly back to Los Angeles and leave the team’s current road trip in order to receive further treatment and evaluation from the team’s medical staff. The injury is a devastating blow to the Lakers’ playoff hopes as they have just 11 games to correct a number of issues on the court and from a team chemistry standpoint.
With injuries to Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, Dwight Howard and Steve Nash, all of the starters have yet to get on the same page, and it has manifested itself in the team’s 36-35 record. World Peace has averaged 12.8 points, 5.1 rebounds and 1.7 steals in 70 games this season. He has had his most consistent season as a member of the Lakers to date, and his defensive presence on a team normally deficient in that all-important area will be sorely missed.
The former NBA Defensive Player of the Year will miss the remainder of the Lakers’ road trip as they travel to take on the Minnesota Timberwolves and Milwaukee Bucks in a back-to-back series.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding - April 16, 2014
- Michael Cuddyer injury: Rockies OF exits with hurt right elbow - April 14, 2014
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale - April 14, 2014