- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
Lakers vs. Warriors: Stephen Curry ‘fine’ for Monday
- Updated: March 25, 2013
Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry isn’t as worried as most of the Bay Area NBA faithful were on Saturday night after he tweaked his right ankle in a win vs. the Wizards on Saturday night.
That’s because X-rays came back negative, and after laboring a little on Sunday, he’s declared himself ready to go for an all-important matchup against the Los Angeles Lakers on Monday night.
“I’m fine. Don’t worry about my ankle. I’ll get through it like I usually do,” he told ESPN.com. “I have to get my treatment and get ready for Monday.”
Curry has had a long history of ankle injuries, but has managed to play in all 67 of the Warriors’ games to this point. He’s been the catalyst for a resurgent squad that is firmly entrenched in the Western Conference playoff picture at the No. 6 spot ahead of the Lakers and Houston Rockets. He narrowly missed an All-Star selection in 2012-13 and is going to be instrumental in any success the Warriors have moving forward.
The contest against the Lakers is especially important since L.A. is in tow and trying to fight for its own playoff spot. The two teams will square off twice in the remaining games, and given their positioning in the standings, they will both have major playoff implications.
Curry is averaging 22.4 points, 6.6 assists and 4.0 rebounds this season, and the Warriors are 40-31 and in second place in the Pacific Division.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks - December 12, 2014
- VIDEO: Russell Wilson makes Fletcher Cox look silly on quarterback scramble - December 7, 2014
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70 - December 5, 2014