- Matt Kemp injury: Dodgers OF feeling strong after minor league game
- Phil Jackson rumors: Ex-Lakers coach gets offers from Knicks
- Portland Trail Blazers’ GM eyes ‘elite’ status as goal
- Watch out for the Houston Rockets
- Brandon Browner reinstated by the NFL
- Corey Brewer reflects on his annihilation of Derek Fisher
- 2014 NFL Draft: 5 Pac-12 standouts who could make an immediate impact
- NFL Draft 2014: Jadeveon Clowney should be No. 1 pick, says Marcus Lattimore
- Seahawks choose not to use franchise tag on Steven Hauschka
- Donald Butler signs contract extension with Chargers
Lakers vs. Warriors: Stephen Curry ‘fine’ for Monday
- Updated: March 25, 2013
Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry isn’t as worried as most of the Bay Area NBA faithful were on Saturday night after he tweaked his right ankle in a win vs. the Wizards on Saturday night.
That’s because X-rays came back negative, and after laboring a little on Sunday, he’s declared himself ready to go for an all-important matchup against the Los Angeles Lakers on Monday night.
“I’m fine. Don’t worry about my ankle. I’ll get through it like I usually do,” he told ESPN.com. “I have to get my treatment and get ready for Monday.”
Curry has had a long history of ankle injuries, but has managed to play in all 67 of the Warriors’ games to this point. He’s been the catalyst for a resurgent squad that is firmly entrenched in the Western Conference playoff picture at the No. 6 spot ahead of the Lakers and Houston Rockets. He narrowly missed an All-Star selection in 2012-13 and is going to be instrumental in any success the Warriors have moving forward.
The contest against the Lakers is especially important since L.A. is in tow and trying to fight for its own playoff spot. The two teams will square off twice in the remaining games, and given their positioning in the standings, they will both have major playoff implications.
Curry is averaging 22.4 points, 6.6 assists and 4.0 rebounds this season, and the Warriors are 40-31 and in second place in the Pacific Division.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Matt Kemp injury: Dodgers OF feeling strong after minor league game - March 9, 2014
- VIDEO: Blake Griffin feeds DeAndre Jordan vs. Hawks - March 8, 2014
- VIDEO: Ty Lawson breaks Jodie Meeks’ ankles, adds insult to Lakers’ woes - March 7, 2014