- Chargers vs. Seahawks: 3 things we learned in the Bolts’ 30-21 win
- NFL season 2014: Top 5 surprises of Week 2
- NFL mishandles Ray Rice situation
- Chargers vs. Cardinals, NFL Week 1 preview: Bolts have early road test on MNF stage
- Eric Weddle on 2014 Chargers: ‘We can beat anybody’
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
Lakers vs. Warriors: Stephen Curry ‘fine’ for Monday
- Updated: March 25, 2013
Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry isn’t as worried as most of the Bay Area NBA faithful were on Saturday night after he tweaked his right ankle in a win vs. the Wizards on Saturday night.
That’s because X-rays came back negative, and after laboring a little on Sunday, he’s declared himself ready to go for an all-important matchup against the Los Angeles Lakers on Monday night.
“I’m fine. Don’t worry about my ankle. I’ll get through it like I usually do,” he told ESPN.com. “I have to get my treatment and get ready for Monday.”
Curry has had a long history of ankle injuries, but has managed to play in all 67 of the Warriors’ games to this point. He’s been the catalyst for a resurgent squad that is firmly entrenched in the Western Conference playoff picture at the No. 6 spot ahead of the Lakers and Houston Rockets. He narrowly missed an All-Star selection in 2012-13 and is going to be instrumental in any success the Warriors have moving forward.
The contest against the Lakers is especially important since L.A. is in tow and trying to fight for its own playoff spot. The two teams will square off twice in the remaining games, and given their positioning in the standings, they will both have major playoff implications.
Curry is averaging 22.4 points, 6.6 assists and 4.0 rebounds this season, and the Warriors are 40-31 and in second place in the Pacific Division.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report - August 31, 2014
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014