- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
- MVP performance a future glimpse of Ray McCallum
- Seattle Seahawks jerseys top NFLshop.com sales
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres
Lakers vs. Warriors: Stephen Curry ‘fine’ for Monday
- Updated: March 25, 2013
Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry isn’t as worried as most of the Bay Area NBA faithful were on Saturday night after he tweaked his right ankle in a win vs. the Wizards on Saturday night.
That’s because X-rays came back negative, and after laboring a little on Sunday, he’s declared himself ready to go for an all-important matchup against the Los Angeles Lakers on Monday night.
“I’m fine. Don’t worry about my ankle. I’ll get through it like I usually do,” he told ESPN.com. “I have to get my treatment and get ready for Monday.”
Curry has had a long history of ankle injuries, but has managed to play in all 67 of the Warriors’ games to this point. He’s been the catalyst for a resurgent squad that is firmly entrenched in the Western Conference playoff picture at the No. 6 spot ahead of the Lakers and Houston Rockets. He narrowly missed an All-Star selection in 2012-13 and is going to be instrumental in any success the Warriors have moving forward.
The contest against the Lakers is especially important since L.A. is in tow and trying to fight for its own playoff spot. The two teams will square off twice in the remaining games, and given their positioning in the standings, they will both have major playoff implications.
Curry is averaging 22.4 points, 6.6 assists and 4.0 rebounds this season, and the Warriors are 40-31 and in second place in the Pacific Division.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report - July 25, 2014
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres - July 19, 2014
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million - July 18, 2014