- Matt Kemp injury: Dodgers OF feeling strong after minor league game
- Phil Jackson rumors: Ex-Lakers coach gets offers from Knicks
- Portland Trail Blazers’ GM eyes ‘elite’ status as goal
- Watch out for the Houston Rockets
- Brandon Browner reinstated by the NFL
- Corey Brewer reflects on his annihilation of Derek Fisher
- 2014 NFL Draft: 5 Pac-12 standouts who could make an immediate impact
- NFL Draft 2014: Jadeveon Clowney should be No. 1 pick, says Marcus Lattimore
- Seahawks choose not to use franchise tag on Steven Hauschka
- Donald Butler signs contract extension with Chargers
Eagles DeSean Jackson buys $1.65M home in LA Valley
- Updated: March 24, 2013
Jackson, who is a Long Beach, Calif. native who starred at Long Beach Poly High School and then at the University of California, is entering his sixth professional season with the Philadelphia Eagles. He recently signed a five-year, $51 million contract extension to remain with the Eagles long-term and can live virtually anywhere he wants.
He chose the L.A. Valley.
The home, however, is nice and surprisingly modest considering the price tag, with four bedrooms, five bathrooms, hardwood floors, an upgraded kitchen and a large swimming pool.
It makes sense that he would remain somewhat close to home, where he has lived for years, and he could get more bang for his buck living inland since homes tend to get increasingly expensive as they near the water.
With that in mind, the move inland makes a lot of sense. In a world where the highest profile athletes are making headlines for all the wrong reasons when it comes to financial problems, it’s refreshing to see a player like Jackson, who hasn’t always made sound decisions on the field, make a sensible one off of it.
A Pro Bowler in 2009 and 2010, Jackson has 23 touchdowns receiving and 3 rushing. He also makes a major impact on special teams, where he has four punt return touchdowns.
Speaking of bad decisions by Jackson:
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Matt Kemp injury: Dodgers OF feeling strong after minor league game - March 9, 2014
- VIDEO: Blake Griffin feeds DeAndre Jordan vs. Hawks - March 8, 2014
- VIDEO: Ty Lawson breaks Jodie Meeks’ ankles, adds insult to Lakers’ woes - March 7, 2014