- Seattle Seahawks jerseys top NFLshop.com sales
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres
- NBA Summer League 2014: Julius Randle, Jordan Clarkson lead Lakers past Nuggets, 83-77
- Joe Torre on Hall of Fame: ‘Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity’
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million
- Steve Kerr impresses at NBA Summer League, despite record
- British Open 2014: Tiger Woods fires 69, sits 3 shots back after Round 1
- The Sacramento Kings’ veteran crisis
- NBA Summer League tournament beginning to take shape
- 5 NBA Summer League players who could earn rotation spots
Eagles DeSean Jackson buys $1.65M home in LA Valley
- Updated: March 24, 2013
Jackson, who is a Long Beach, Calif. native who starred at Long Beach Poly High School and then at the University of California, is entering his sixth professional season with the Philadelphia Eagles. He recently signed a five-year, $51 million contract extension to remain with the Eagles long-term and can live virtually anywhere he wants.
He chose the L.A. Valley.
The home, however, is nice and surprisingly modest considering the price tag, with four bedrooms, five bathrooms, hardwood floors, an upgraded kitchen and a large swimming pool.
It makes sense that he would remain somewhat close to home, where he has lived for years, and he could get more bang for his buck living inland since homes tend to get increasingly expensive as they near the water.
With that in mind, the move inland makes a lot of sense. In a world where the highest profile athletes are making headlines for all the wrong reasons when it comes to financial problems, it’s refreshing to see a player like Jackson, who hasn’t always made sound decisions on the field, make a sensible one off of it.
A Pro Bowler in 2009 and 2010, Jackson has 23 touchdowns receiving and 3 rushing. He also makes a major impact on special teams, where he has four punt return touchdowns.
Speaking of bad decisions by Jackson:
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres - July 19, 2014
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million - July 18, 2014
- British Open 2014: Tiger Woods fires 69, sits 3 shots back after Round 1 - July 17, 2014