- Chargers notes: Do the Bolts have the best receiving corps in football?
- Dennis Allen’s greatest Raiders moments
- Los Angeles Clippers Media Day 2014: ‘This is our time’
- Jaguars vs. Chargers, Week 4: Bolts win third straight, 33-14
- 4 things learned about the NFC West
- Pac-12 Las Vegas Outlook: Week 4
- Ben McLemore relaxed after lost rookie year
- Giants playoff tickets 209 percent above season average
- Angels playoff tickets up 257 percent from season average
- Marcus Mariota and the way-too-early Heisman watch
Eagles DeSean Jackson buys $1.65M home in LA Valley
- Updated: March 24, 2013
Jackson, who is a Long Beach, Calif. native who starred at Long Beach Poly High School and then at the University of California, is entering his sixth professional season with the Philadelphia Eagles. He recently signed a five-year, $51 million contract extension to remain with the Eagles long-term and can live virtually anywhere he wants.
He chose the L.A. Valley.
The home, however, is nice and surprisingly modest considering the price tag, with four bedrooms, five bathrooms, hardwood floors, an upgraded kitchen and a large swimming pool.
It makes sense that he would remain somewhat close to home, where he has lived for years, and he could get more bang for his buck living inland since homes tend to get increasingly expensive as they near the water.
With that in mind, the move inland makes a lot of sense. In a world where the highest profile athletes are making headlines for all the wrong reasons when it comes to financial problems, it’s refreshing to see a player like Jackson, who hasn’t always made sound decisions on the field, make a sensible one off of it.
A Pro Bowler in 2009 and 2010, Jackson has 23 touchdowns receiving and 3 rushing. He also makes a major impact on special teams, where he has four punt return touchdowns.
Speaking of bad decisions by Jackson:
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Padres fall to Rockies, 3-2 despite testing Jorge De La Rosa - September 23, 2014
- Bud Black on Padres long-term success: ‘It’s more personal’ - September 23, 2014
- 49ers, Cardinals fans brawl in Glendale: How San Francisco lost twice - September 23, 2014