- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 100-98 loss to Rockets
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament
- MWC Championship 2015: Winston Shepard drops 16 to rout Colorado State in semifinal
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters
- Cowboys sign Darren McFadden for 2 years, $5.85 million
- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
Eagles DeSean Jackson buys $1.65M home in LA Valley
- Updated: March 24, 2013
Jackson, who is a Long Beach, Calif. native who starred at Long Beach Poly High School and then at the University of California, is entering his sixth professional season with the Philadelphia Eagles. He recently signed a five-year, $51 million contract extension to remain with the Eagles long-term and can live virtually anywhere he wants.
He chose the L.A. Valley.
The home, however, is nice and surprisingly modest considering the price tag, with four bedrooms, five bathrooms, hardwood floors, an upgraded kitchen and a large swimming pool.
It makes sense that he would remain somewhat close to home, where he has lived for years, and he could get more bang for his buck living inland since homes tend to get increasingly expensive as they near the water.
With that in mind, the move inland makes a lot of sense. In a world where the highest profile athletes are making headlines for all the wrong reasons when it comes to financial problems, it’s refreshing to see a player like Jackson, who hasn’t always made sound decisions on the field, make a sensible one off of it.
A Pro Bowler in 2009 and 2010, Jackson has 23 touchdowns receiving and 3 rushing. He also makes a major impact on special teams, where he has four punt return touchdowns.
Speaking of bad decisions by Jackson:
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues - March 17, 2015
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament - March 14, 2015
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters - March 13, 2015