- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
- NFL Training Camp 2014: Chargers season preview
- Raiders training camp 2014: Darren McFadden unfazed by demotion
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy
- Outdoor game between Sharks and Kings leaked
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71
- UCLA to replace waterlogged court at Pauley Pavilion
Eagles DeSean Jackson buys $1.65M home in LA Valley
- Updated: March 24, 2013
Jackson, who is a Long Beach, Calif. native who starred at Long Beach Poly High School and then at the University of California, is entering his sixth professional season with the Philadelphia Eagles. He recently signed a five-year, $51 million contract extension to remain with the Eagles long-term and can live virtually anywhere he wants.
He chose the L.A. Valley.
The home, however, is nice and surprisingly modest considering the price tag, with four bedrooms, five bathrooms, hardwood floors, an upgraded kitchen and a large swimming pool.
It makes sense that he would remain somewhat close to home, where he has lived for years, and he could get more bang for his buck living inland since homes tend to get increasingly expensive as they near the water.
With that in mind, the move inland makes a lot of sense. In a world where the highest profile athletes are making headlines for all the wrong reasons when it comes to financial problems, it’s refreshing to see a player like Jackson, who hasn’t always made sound decisions on the field, make a sensible one off of it.
A Pro Bowler in 2009 and 2010, Jackson has 23 touchdowns receiving and 3 rushing. He also makes a major impact on special teams, where he has four punt return touchdowns.
Speaking of bad decisions by Jackson:
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014
- UCLA to replace waterlogged court at Pauley Pavilion - August 2, 2014