- Phil Jackson rumors: Ex-Lakers coach gets offers from Knicks
- Portland Trail Blazers’ GM eyes ‘elite’ status as goal
- Watch out for the Houston Rockets
- Brandon Browner reinstated by the NFL
- Corey Brewer reflects on his annihilation of Derek Fisher
- 2014 NFL Draft: 5 Pac-12 standouts who could make an immediate impact
- NFL Draft 2014: Jadeveon Clowney should be No. 1 pick, says Marcus Lattimore
- Seahawks choose not to use franchise tag on Steven Hauschka
- Donald Butler signs contract extension with Chargers
- Pablo Sandoval credits teammates with weight loss, increased fitness
Antawn Jamison listed as day-to-day with wrist tear
- Updated: March 24, 2013
ESPN reported that an MRI performed on Los Angeles Lakers forward Antawn Jamison on Saturday revealed a slight tear in his right wrist. The team says Jamison will be listed as day-to-day and his condition will be re-evaluated at the end of this season.
Jamison suffered the injury during the third quarter of a 103-100 loss to the Washington Wizards on Friday. He played 18 minutes and had 11 points with seven rebounds before leaving the game.
The injury occurred on the same evening that forward Pau Gasol returned to the lineup after suffering a plantar fascia tear in his right foot that sidelined him since February 5. Gasol played 20 minutes and had four points on 2-of-10 shooting, as well as eight rebounds.
Jamison filled the void for Gasol during his 20-game absence, averaging 11.9 points and 5.5 rebounds per game.
The Lakers will embark on a four-game road trip that begins against the Golden State Warriors on Monday at the Oracle Arena in Oakland, Calif.
Ben Hernandez Jr.
Latest posts by Ben Hernandez Jr. (see all)
- Blazers’ Damian Lillard has the panache to lead franchise - May 13, 2013
- Different seasons, but same endings for Lakers and Clippers - May 6, 2013
- Lakers news: Dwight Howard unable to maintain poise in Game 4 - April 29, 2013