- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
- Sharks finally finish Kings in season opener, 4-0
- Lakers training camp 2014: Has Wesley Johnson found his niche?
- NFL Quotes Roundup, Week 5: Reggie Wayne acknowledges age, RGIII makes progress
Raiders eye Sharrif Floyd closely at workout
- Updated: March 23, 2013
Floyd is the top-rated defensive tackle on many experts’ draft rankings. The Raiders possess the No. 3 overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft. Given the Raiders’ need at that position, Floyd may be a perfect fit for the AFC West team looking for a difference maker on defense.
Currently, the Raiders are in dire need of some help at defensive line. They voided the contract of aging veteran Richard Seymour and chose not to re-sign backup Desmond Bryant, who left for the Cleveland Browns during free agency.
Tommy Kelly, who is not meeting the expectations of his massive contract, will likely be gone soon. All the team has left at the position is Vance Walker, meaning there’s still a need for at least one more defensive tackle, which is where Floyd could fit in.
In 2012, Floyd recorded 46 total tackles and three sacks with the Gators.
Follow and interact with Austin Chang on Twitter @_austinchang.
Latest posts by Austin Chang (see all)
- NFC West Week 4 roundup: 49ers dominate Rams, Seahawks win in overtime - September 30, 2013
- NFC West Week 3 roundup: Seahawks only bright spot in poor showing by division - September 23, 2013
- What will Trent Richardson do in Colts debut against 49ers? - September 22, 2013