- NHL playoffs 2014 preview: Stanley Cup roundtable and predictions
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 15: 49ers’ Aldon Smith arrested, Josh Hamilton out for two months
- NFL Draft 2014: Whose stock is rising and falling?
- Lakers lose 7th straight in home finale blowout vs. Grizzlies, 102-90
- Sacramento Kings look ahead in win vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Are stalled contract talks weighing down Pablo Sandoval?
- Los Angeles Lakers: 5 players L.A. needs to keep in 2014-15
- NHL Playoffs 2014: 3 dark horse Western Conference squads with a shot at the Stanley Cup
Raiders eye Sharrif Floyd closely at workout
- Updated: March 23, 2013
Floyd is the top-rated defensive tackle on many experts’ draft rankings. The Raiders possess the No. 3 overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft. Given the Raiders’ need at that position, Floyd may be a perfect fit for the AFC West team looking for a difference maker on defense.
Currently, the Raiders are in dire need of some help at defensive line. They voided the contract of aging veteran Richard Seymour and chose not to re-sign backup Desmond Bryant, who left for the Cleveland Browns during free agency.
Tommy Kelly, who is not meeting the expectations of his massive contract, will likely be gone soon. All the team has left at the position is Vance Walker, meaning there’s still a need for at least one more defensive tackle, which is where Floyd could fit in.
In 2012, Floyd recorded 46 total tackles and three sacks with the Gators.
Follow and interact with Austin Chang on Twitter @_austinchang.
Latest posts by Austin Chang (see all)
- NFC West Week 4 roundup: 49ers dominate Rams, Seahawks win in overtime - September 30, 2013
- NFC West Week 3 roundup: Seahawks only bright spot in poor showing by division - September 23, 2013
- What will Trent Richardson do in Colts debut against 49ers? - September 22, 2013