- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
- Sharks close trip with uninspired loss 4-1 loss to Sabres
- Chargers notes: Seyi Ajirotutu fined, Ryan Mathews and Manti Te’O to return after bye
- Clippers’ concerns revolve around defense and rebounding
- Do the 49ers have an identity crisis?
- Marcus Lattimore injury: 49ers running back has bigger issue
- Klay Thompson signs 4-year, $70 million extension with Warriors
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win
Raiders eye Sharrif Floyd closely at workout
- Updated: March 23, 2013
Floyd is the top-rated defensive tackle on many experts’ draft rankings. The Raiders possess the No. 3 overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft. Given the Raiders’ need at that position, Floyd may be a perfect fit for the AFC West team looking for a difference maker on defense.
Currently, the Raiders are in dire need of some help at defensive line. They voided the contract of aging veteran Richard Seymour and chose not to re-sign backup Desmond Bryant, who left for the Cleveland Browns during free agency.
Tommy Kelly, who is not meeting the expectations of his massive contract, will likely be gone soon. All the team has left at the position is Vance Walker, meaning there’s still a need for at least one more defensive tackle, which is where Floyd could fit in.
In 2012, Floyd recorded 46 total tackles and three sacks with the Gators.
Follow and interact with Austin Chang on Twitter @_austinchang.
Latest posts by Austin Chang (see all)
- NFC West Week 4 roundup: 49ers dominate Rams, Seahawks win in overtime - September 30, 2013
- NFC West Week 3 roundup: Seahawks only bright spot in poor showing by division - September 23, 2013
- What will Trent Richardson do in Colts debut against 49ers? - September 22, 2013