- Lakers: Immediate expectations for Kobe Bryant
- Kobe Bryant return: Lakers star to debut Sunday vs. Raptors
- Robinson Cano, Mariners agree to 10-year, $240M deal after Jay-Z gets in the way
- Trail Blazers: ‘Rip City’ is a legitimate Western Conference threat
- Seahawks vs. 49ers preview: Seattle can clinch NFC West with season sweep of division rival
- Kobe Bryant injury update: Lakers G ‘days’ away from returning
- Why Brent Burns is the key to success in San Jose
- Kobe Bryant injury update: Lakers G rules himself for Friday’s game
- Lakers News: Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash practice again
- Los Angeles Clippers’ bench needs to step up in place of J.J. Redick
Raiders eye Sharrif Floyd closely at workout
- Updated: March 23, 2013
Floyd is the top-rated defensive tackle on many experts’ draft rankings. The Raiders possess the No. 3 overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft. Given the Raiders’ need at that position, Floyd may be a perfect fit for the AFC West team looking for a difference maker on defense.
Currently, the Raiders are in dire need of some help at defensive line. They voided the contract of aging veteran Richard Seymour and chose not to re-sign backup Desmond Bryant, who left for the Cleveland Browns during free agency.
Tommy Kelly, who is not meeting the expectations of his massive contract, will likely be gone soon. All the team has left at the position is Vance Walker, meaning there’s still a need for at least one more defensive tackle, which is where Floyd could fit in.
In 2012, Floyd recorded 46 total tackles and three sacks with the Gators.
Follow and interact with Austin Chang on Twitter @_austinchang.
Latest posts by Austin Chang (see all)
- NFC West Week 4 roundup: 49ers dominate Rams, Seahawks win in overtime - September 30, 2013
- NFC West Week 3 roundup: Seahawks only bright spot in poor showing by division - September 23, 2013
- What will Trent Richardson do in Colts debut against 49ers? - September 22, 2013