- Video: Watch Marshawn Lynch sell Skittles on shopping network
- Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O’Neal show love for one another on podcast
- Fred Jackson visits with Seahawks, contract imminent, per report
- Clippers fined $250K for mishandling DeAndre Jordan free agency
- Leonard Williams avoids serious knee-injury
- Tyrell Williams – former NCAA Division II wideout – is bolting up in San Diego
- Boise State denies that Sam Ukwuachu’s 2013 dismissal was because of allegations of abuse
- Russell Wilson says he didn’t suffer a concussion in NFC Championship game
- Josh Rosen beats out Jerry Neuheisel as UCLA starting quarterback
- Jered Weaver says dugout outburst not aimed at Mike Trout
Raiders eye Sharrif Floyd closely at workout
- Updated: March 23, 2013
Floyd is the top-rated defensive tackle on many experts’ draft rankings. The Raiders possess the No. 3 overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft. Given the Raiders’ need at that position, Floyd may be a perfect fit for the AFC West team looking for a difference maker on defense.
Currently, the Raiders are in dire need of some help at defensive line. They voided the contract of aging veteran Richard Seymour and chose not to re-sign backup Desmond Bryant, who left for the Cleveland Browns during free agency.
Tommy Kelly, who is not meeting the expectations of his massive contract, will likely be gone soon. All the team has left at the position is Vance Walker, meaning there’s still a need for at least one more defensive tackle, which is where Floyd could fit in.
In 2012, Floyd recorded 46 total tackles and three sacks with the Gators.
Follow and interact with Austin Chang on Twitter @_austinchang.
Latest posts by Austin Chang (see all)
- NFC West Week 4 roundup: 49ers dominate Rams, Seahawks win in overtime - September 30, 2013
- NFC West Week 3 roundup: Seahawks only bright spot in poor showing by division - September 23, 2013
- What will Trent Richardson do in Colts debut against 49ers? - September 22, 2013