- Oakland Athletics ace Scott Kazmir headed to Houston
- Antonio Gates suspension: A look at Chargers tight ends who must step up
- Angels midseason grades: Turmoil overshadows reasonable start
- Greg Monroe to visit with Lakers, Blazers during free agency
- Matt Kemp hitting leadoff as Padres shake things up vs. Giants
- Padres promote Pat Murphy for remainder of the season
- Clippers acquire Lance Stephenson for Matt Barnes, Spencer Hawes
- Bud Black fired by Padres after nine seasons
- 3 takeaways from Seattle Seahawks OTAs
- Stephen Curry goes cold as Warriors fall to Cavs in OT, 95-93
Raiders eye Sharrif Floyd closely at workout
- Updated: March 23, 2013
Floyd is the top-rated defensive tackle on many experts’ draft rankings. The Raiders possess the No. 3 overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft. Given the Raiders’ need at that position, Floyd may be a perfect fit for the AFC West team looking for a difference maker on defense.
Currently, the Raiders are in dire need of some help at defensive line. They voided the contract of aging veteran Richard Seymour and chose not to re-sign backup Desmond Bryant, who left for the Cleveland Browns during free agency.
Tommy Kelly, who is not meeting the expectations of his massive contract, will likely be gone soon. All the team has left at the position is Vance Walker, meaning there’s still a need for at least one more defensive tackle, which is where Floyd could fit in.
In 2012, Floyd recorded 46 total tackles and three sacks with the Gators.
Follow and interact with Austin Chang on Twitter @_austinchang.
Latest posts by Austin Chang (see all)
- NFC West Week 4 roundup: 49ers dominate Rams, Seahawks win in overtime - September 30, 2013
- NFC West Week 3 roundup: Seahawks only bright spot in poor showing by division - September 23, 2013
- What will Trent Richardson do in Colts debut against 49ers? - September 22, 2013