- Patrick Peterson ‘having fun’ with Richard Sherman feud
- Raiders training camp 2014: line of scrimmage a focus
- Raiders training camp 2014: Dennis Allen in ‘love’ with his quarterbacks
- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
Ben Howland fired by UCLA
- Updated: March 23, 2013
UCLA head coach Ben Howland is being relieved of his coaching duties, and an official announcement is expected within the next 48 hours, according to Yahoo Sports.
The Bruins won the regular season Pac-12 title in 2012-13 and had one of the top recruiting classes in the nation, but fell well short of expectations with a first-round NCAA tournament loss to Minnesota.
Howland led the Bruins to a 25-10 record, but was perceived to have had an up and down season. He brought in a top recruiting class with freshman Jordan Adams, Shabazz Muhammad, and Tony Parker but the season just did not go as UCLA had hoped. The Bruins started the season ranked 13th in the nation and going out in the first round of the NCAA tournament did not live up to that billing.
While at UCLA, Howland compiled a 233-107 record and took the Bruins to three Final Fours. With all his success he could never win a national championship, and in the end that was held against him. Possible candidates to replace Howland include Shaka Smart, Brad Stevens, Billy Donovan, and Mark Gottfried.
Latest posts by Keenan Actkins (see all)
- NFL Training Camp 2014: Top 5 Suprise teams of 2014 - July 31, 2014
- NFL Training Camp 2014: 5 second-year players who need breakout seasons - July 28, 2014
- NFL Training Camp 2014: 5 Veterans who need a strong Camp - July 23, 2014