- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
- NFL Combine 2015: Top 5 Winners and Losers
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash
- Doc Rivers still recruiting Kendrick Perkins ‘hard,’ per report
- Brett Hundley impresses at NFL Combine with 4.63 40
- San Diego mayor on Chargers-Raiders proposal: ‘That’s not how you do business’
- Chargers, Raiders move forward with Los Angeles stadium proposal
- Seahawks GM seeks Marshawn Lynch contract resolution
- Oregon, head coach Mark Helfrich agree to 5-year, $17.5M extension
Antawn Jamison injury: Lakers F will undergo MRI Saturday
- Updated: March 23, 2013
Los Angeles Lakers forward Antawn Jamison sustained a sprain to his right wrist in the team’s 103-100 loss against the Washington Wizards on Friday night at Staples Center and will undergo an MRI on Saturday to further evaluate the damage.
After struggling early on, Jamison has emerged as a key reserve for the Lakers, who after losing in embarrassing fashion to the Wizards, have no time to spare in making a push for the NBA playoffs. They are currently hanging on to the last spot in the Western Conference by a thread, with the Utah Jazz closely in tow at just 0.5 games behind them in the standings.
The injury also speaks to the bad fortune the Lakers have had with respect to their collective health. Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol, Steve Blake, Steve Nash and Jordan Hill have all suffered substantial injuries at one point or another. At this juncture, there are more players on the roster who have been banged up than completely healthy during the season.
But losing Jamison, who has been a key part of a dwindled down eight-man rotation that includes the five starters, Jodie Meeks and Blake before the return of Gasol, is of particular concern.
Since the All-Star break, Jamison is averaging 11.8 points and 6.0 rebounds per game after posting 9.3 and 4.9 for the entire season. The Lakers can ill-afford any more setbacks with 12 games remaining.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ - February 23, 2015
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League - February 21, 2015
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash - February 21, 2015