- MVP performance a future glimpse of Ray McCallum
- Seattle Seahawks jerseys top NFLshop.com sales
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres
- NBA Summer League 2014: Julius Randle, Jordan Clarkson lead Lakers past Nuggets, 83-77
- Joe Torre on Hall of Fame: ‘Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity’
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million
- Steve Kerr impresses at NBA Summer League, despite record
- British Open 2014: Tiger Woods fires 69, sits 3 shots back after Round 1
- The Sacramento Kings’ veteran crisis
- NBA Summer League tournament beginning to take shape
Antawn Jamison injury: Lakers F will undergo MRI Saturday
- Updated: March 23, 2013
Los Angeles Lakers forward Antawn Jamison sustained a sprain to his right wrist in the team’s 103-100 loss against the Washington Wizards on Friday night at Staples Center and will undergo an MRI on Saturday to further evaluate the damage.
After struggling early on, Jamison has emerged as a key reserve for the Lakers, who after losing in embarrassing fashion to the Wizards, have no time to spare in making a push for the NBA playoffs. They are currently hanging on to the last spot in the Western Conference by a thread, with the Utah Jazz closely in tow at just 0.5 games behind them in the standings.
The injury also speaks to the bad fortune the Lakers have had with respect to their collective health. Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol, Steve Blake, Steve Nash and Jordan Hill have all suffered substantial injuries at one point or another. At this juncture, there are more players on the roster who have been banged up than completely healthy during the season.
But losing Jamison, who has been a key part of a dwindled down eight-man rotation that includes the five starters, Jodie Meeks and Blake before the return of Gasol, is of particular concern.
Since the All-Star break, Jamison is averaging 11.8 points and 6.0 rebounds per game after posting 9.3 and 4.9 for the entire season. The Lakers can ill-afford any more setbacks with 12 games remaining.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres - July 19, 2014
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million - July 18, 2014
- British Open 2014: Tiger Woods fires 69, sits 3 shots back after Round 1 - July 17, 2014