- 2014 NBA playoffs roundtable and predictions
- NHL playoffs 2014 preview: Stanley Cup roundtable and predictions
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 15: 49ers’ Aldon Smith arrested, Josh Hamilton out for two months
- NFL Draft 2014: Whose stock is rising and falling?
- Lakers lose 7th straight in home finale blowout vs. Grizzlies, 102-90
- Sacramento Kings look ahead in win vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Are stalled contract talks weighing down Pablo Sandoval?
- Los Angeles Lakers: 5 players L.A. needs to keep in 2014-15
Antawn Jamison injury: Lakers F will undergo MRI Saturday
- Updated: March 23, 2013
Los Angeles Lakers forward Antawn Jamison sustained a sprain to his right wrist in the team’s 103-100 loss against the Washington Wizards on Friday night at Staples Center and will undergo an MRI on Saturday to further evaluate the damage.
After struggling early on, Jamison has emerged as a key reserve for the Lakers, who after losing in embarrassing fashion to the Wizards, have no time to spare in making a push for the NBA playoffs. They are currently hanging on to the last spot in the Western Conference by a thread, with the Utah Jazz closely in tow at just 0.5 games behind them in the standings.
The injury also speaks to the bad fortune the Lakers have had with respect to their collective health. Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol, Steve Blake, Steve Nash and Jordan Hill have all suffered substantial injuries at one point or another. At this juncture, there are more players on the roster who have been banged up than completely healthy during the season.
But losing Jamison, who has been a key part of a dwindled down eight-man rotation that includes the five starters, Jodie Meeks and Blake before the return of Gasol, is of particular concern.
Since the All-Star break, Jamison is averaging 11.8 points and 6.0 rebounds per game after posting 9.3 and 4.9 for the entire season. The Lakers can ill-afford any more setbacks with 12 games remaining.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding - April 16, 2014
- Michael Cuddyer injury: Rockies OF exits with hurt right elbow - April 14, 2014
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale - April 14, 2014