- Chargers vs. Seahawks: 3 things we learned in the Bolts’ 30-21 win
- NFL season 2014: Top 5 surprises of Week 2
- NFL mishandles Ray Rice situation
- Chargers vs. Cardinals, NFL Week 1 preview: Bolts have early road test on MNF stage
- Eric Weddle on 2014 Chargers: ‘We can beat anybody’
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
Antawn Jamison injury: Lakers F will undergo MRI Saturday
- Updated: March 23, 2013
Los Angeles Lakers forward Antawn Jamison sustained a sprain to his right wrist in the team’s 103-100 loss against the Washington Wizards on Friday night at Staples Center and will undergo an MRI on Saturday to further evaluate the damage.
After struggling early on, Jamison has emerged as a key reserve for the Lakers, who after losing in embarrassing fashion to the Wizards, have no time to spare in making a push for the NBA playoffs. They are currently hanging on to the last spot in the Western Conference by a thread, with the Utah Jazz closely in tow at just 0.5 games behind them in the standings.
The injury also speaks to the bad fortune the Lakers have had with respect to their collective health. Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol, Steve Blake, Steve Nash and Jordan Hill have all suffered substantial injuries at one point or another. At this juncture, there are more players on the roster who have been banged up than completely healthy during the season.
But losing Jamison, who has been a key part of a dwindled down eight-man rotation that includes the five starters, Jodie Meeks and Blake before the return of Gasol, is of particular concern.
Since the All-Star break, Jamison is averaging 11.8 points and 6.0 rebounds per game after posting 9.3 and 4.9 for the entire season. The Lakers can ill-afford any more setbacks with 12 games remaining.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report - August 31, 2014
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014