- MVP performance a future glimpse of Ray McCallum
- Seattle Seahawks jerseys top NFLshop.com sales
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres
- NBA Summer League 2014: Julius Randle, Jordan Clarkson lead Lakers past Nuggets, 83-77
- Joe Torre on Hall of Fame: ‘Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity’
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million
- Steve Kerr impresses at NBA Summer League, despite record
- British Open 2014: Tiger Woods fires 69, sits 3 shots back after Round 1
- The Sacramento Kings’ veteran crisis
- NBA Summer League tournament beginning to take shape
Oakland Raiders give Rolando McClain permission to seek trade
- Updated: March 20, 2013
The Oakland Raiders’ approach this offseason seems to be that they have accepted things are going to get worse before they gets better.
The Raiders have already parted ways with Michael Huff and Darius Heyward-Bey. Mercurynews.com is reporting the Raiders have now given 2010 first round pick Rolando McClain permission to seek a trade.
McClain has had a number of off the field issues. In January he was arrested for signing a false name to a traffic ticket. In 2011 he was arrested in Decatur, Alabama on gun charges. Those charges were later dropped.
On the field things have not gone so smoothly either. This season McClain was benched from his starter role due to poor play. His career numbers do not exactly blow people away. In three NFL seasons he has a total of 175 tackles, though he did post a respectable five sacks in 2011.
Raiders’ general manager Reggie McKenzie has been on a mission since he took over, to try and find a quality nucleus to build from. Giving McClain permission to seek employment elsewhere, clearly says he is not a part of that nucleus. The Raiders have the number three pick in this April’s NFL draft. Historically, that is perceived as too high to take a middle linebacker. But with the new collective bargaining agreement and the lower cost of a high pick, anything is possible.
Latest posts by Keenan Actkins (see all)
- NFL Training Camp 2014: 5 Veterans who need a strong Camp - July 23, 2014
- NBA Offseason 2014: Will the Cavaliers regret re-signing Lebron James? - July 16, 2014
- NBA Offseason 2014: Top Five Teams affected By Lebron James decision - July 14, 2014