- Chris Paul injury: Clippers’ guard slowed by hamstring in practice
- Richard Sherman, Seahawks nearing contract extension, per report
- San Francisco Giants’ offense suddenly stalled
- 2014 NBA playoffs roundtable and predictions
- NHL playoffs 2014 preview: Stanley Cup roundtable and predictions
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 15: 49ers’ Aldon Smith arrested, Josh Hamilton out for two months
- NFL Draft 2014: Whose stock is rising and falling?
- Lakers lose 7th straight in home finale blowout vs. Grizzlies, 102-90
Oakland Raiders give Rolando McClain permission to seek trade
- Updated: March 20, 2013
The Oakland Raiders’ approach this offseason seems to be that they have accepted things are going to get worse before they gets better.
The Raiders have already parted ways with Michael Huff and Darius Heyward-Bey. Mercurynews.com is reporting the Raiders have now given 2010 first round pick Rolando McClain permission to seek a trade.
McClain has had a number of off the field issues. In January he was arrested for signing a false name to a traffic ticket. In 2011 he was arrested in Decatur, Alabama on gun charges. Those charges were later dropped.
On the field things have not gone so smoothly either. This season McClain was benched from his starter role due to poor play. His career numbers do not exactly blow people away. In three NFL seasons he has a total of 175 tackles, though he did post a respectable five sacks in 2011.
Raiders’ general manager Reggie McKenzie has been on a mission since he took over, to try and find a quality nucleus to build from. Giving McClain permission to seek employment elsewhere, clearly says he is not a part of that nucleus. The Raiders have the number three pick in this April’s NFL draft. Historically, that is perceived as too high to take a middle linebacker. But with the new collective bargaining agreement and the lower cost of a high pick, anything is possible.
Latest posts by Keenan Actkins (see all)
- NFL Draft 2014: What is the best fit for Johnny Manziel? - April 21, 2014
- NFL Schedule 2014: AFC West Marquee Match-ups - April 16, 2014
- NFL Draft 2014: Whose stock is rising and falling? - April 14, 2014