- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
- NFL Training Camp 2014: Chargers season preview
- Raiders training camp 2014: Darren McFadden unfazed by demotion
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy
- Outdoor game between Sharks and Kings leaked
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71
- UCLA to replace waterlogged court at Pauley Pavilion
Oakland Raiders give Rolando McClain permission to seek trade
- Updated: March 20, 2013
The Oakland Raiders’ approach this offseason seems to be that they have accepted things are going to get worse before they gets better.
The Raiders have already parted ways with Michael Huff and Darius Heyward-Bey. Mercurynews.com is reporting the Raiders have now given 2010 first round pick Rolando McClain permission to seek a trade.
McClain has had a number of off the field issues. In January he was arrested for signing a false name to a traffic ticket. In 2011 he was arrested in Decatur, Alabama on gun charges. Those charges were later dropped.
On the field things have not gone so smoothly either. This season McClain was benched from his starter role due to poor play. His career numbers do not exactly blow people away. In three NFL seasons he has a total of 175 tackles, though he did post a respectable five sacks in 2011.
Raiders’ general manager Reggie McKenzie has been on a mission since he took over, to try and find a quality nucleus to build from. Giving McClain permission to seek employment elsewhere, clearly says he is not a part of that nucleus. The Raiders have the number three pick in this April’s NFL draft. Historically, that is perceived as too high to take a middle linebacker. But with the new collective bargaining agreement and the lower cost of a high pick, anything is possible.
Latest posts by Keenan Actkins (see all)
- NFL 2014: Fantasy Football Sleepers Buy or Sell list - August 27, 2014
- NFL 2014: How should the Rams respond to Sam Bradford’s injury? - August 25, 2014
- Star athletes need to speak up! - August 20, 2014