- UPDATE: Odell Beckham Jr. wins Madden Cover
- NFL defense contracts tell sad tale of greed
- Clippers dominate 3rd quarter, beat Rockets, 128-95
- Lakers should hold off on max offer sheet to Jimmy Butler
- NFL Draft 2015: Rumors swirl as Day 1 nears
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’
- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
Lakers news: Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol should play Friday vs. Wizards
- Updated: March 20, 2013
Los Angeles Lakers head coach Mike D’Antoni expects injured stars Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol to be in the lineup on Friday when they take on the Washington Wizards, according to ESPN Los Angeles’s Dave McMenamin.
Bryant has missed the Lakers’ last three games with a severely sprained ankle he suffered in a March 13 loss to the Atlanta Hawks on a controversial play involving Hawks forward Dahntay Jones. He initially tried to play in the following game vs. the Pacers on March 15, but couldn’t get through the first quarter. He’s since battled the flu in addition to receiving round-the-clock treatment on the ankle and could be ready to go one week Later.
Gasol has missed six weeks with a partially torn plantar fascia and suffered a setback last week when he felt soreness in the foot after undergoing half-court drills. He’s since been feeling better and played 3-on3 on Wednesday in perpetration for potential game action.
The Lakers are 36-33 and in eighth place in the Western Conference. At this point in the season with 13 games remaining, the Lakers need to be at their best.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’ - April 27, 2015
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues - March 17, 2015
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament - March 14, 2015