- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
- Sharks finally finish Kings in season opener, 4-0
- Lakers training camp 2014: Has Wesley Johnson found his niche?
- NFL Quotes Roundup, Week 5: Reggie Wayne acknowledges age, RGIII makes progress
Lakers news: Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol should play Friday vs. Wizards
- Updated: March 20, 2013
Los Angeles Lakers head coach Mike D’Antoni expects injured stars Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol to be in the lineup on Friday when they take on the Washington Wizards, according to ESPN Los Angeles’s Dave McMenamin.
Bryant has missed the Lakers’ last three games with a severely sprained ankle he suffered in a March 13 loss to the Atlanta Hawks on a controversial play involving Hawks forward Dahntay Jones. He initially tried to play in the following game vs. the Pacers on March 15, but couldn’t get through the first quarter. He’s since battled the flu in addition to receiving round-the-clock treatment on the ankle and could be ready to go one week Later.
Gasol has missed six weeks with a partially torn plantar fascia and suffered a setback last week when he felt soreness in the foot after undergoing half-court drills. He’s since been feeling better and played 3-on3 on Wednesday in perpetration for potential game action.
The Lakers are 36-33 and in eighth place in the Western Conference. At this point in the season with 13 games remaining, the Lakers need to be at their best.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report - October 17, 2014
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador - October 11, 2014
- Padres fall to Rockies, 3-2 despite testing Jorge De La Rosa - September 23, 2014