- Patrick Peterson ‘having fun’ with Richard Sherman feud
- Raiders training camp 2014: line of scrimmage a focus
- Raiders training camp 2014: Dennis Allen in ‘love’ with his quarterbacks
- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
Lakers news: Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol should play Friday vs. Wizards
- Updated: March 20, 2013
Los Angeles Lakers head coach Mike D’Antoni expects injured stars Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol to be in the lineup on Friday when they take on the Washington Wizards, according to ESPN Los Angeles’s Dave McMenamin.
Bryant has missed the Lakers’ last three games with a severely sprained ankle he suffered in a March 13 loss to the Atlanta Hawks on a controversial play involving Hawks forward Dahntay Jones. He initially tried to play in the following game vs. the Pacers on March 15, but couldn’t get through the first quarter. He’s since battled the flu in addition to receiving round-the-clock treatment on the ankle and could be ready to go one week Later.
Gasol has missed six weeks with a partially torn plantar fascia and suffered a setback last week when he felt soreness in the foot after undergoing half-court drills. He’s since been feeling better and played 3-on3 on Wednesday in perpetration for potential game action.
The Lakers are 36-33 and in eighth place in the Western Conference. At this point in the season with 13 games remaining, the Lakers need to be at their best.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Patrick Peterson ‘having fun’ with Richard Sherman feud - July 31, 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report - July 25, 2014
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres - July 19, 2014