- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 100-98 loss to Rockets
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament
- MWC Championship 2015: Winston Shepard drops 16 to rout Colorado State in semifinal
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters
- Cowboys sign Darren McFadden for 2 years, $5.85 million
- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
Lakers news: Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol should play Friday vs. Wizards
- Updated: March 20, 2013
Los Angeles Lakers head coach Mike D’Antoni expects injured stars Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol to be in the lineup on Friday when they take on the Washington Wizards, according to ESPN Los Angeles’s Dave McMenamin.
Bryant has missed the Lakers’ last three games with a severely sprained ankle he suffered in a March 13 loss to the Atlanta Hawks on a controversial play involving Hawks forward Dahntay Jones. He initially tried to play in the following game vs. the Pacers on March 15, but couldn’t get through the first quarter. He’s since battled the flu in addition to receiving round-the-clock treatment on the ankle and could be ready to go one week Later.
Gasol has missed six weeks with a partially torn plantar fascia and suffered a setback last week when he felt soreness in the foot after undergoing half-court drills. He’s since been feeling better and played 3-on3 on Wednesday in perpetration for potential game action.
The Lakers are 36-33 and in eighth place in the Western Conference. At this point in the season with 13 games remaining, the Lakers need to be at their best.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues - March 17, 2015
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament - March 14, 2015
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters - March 13, 2015