- Matt Kemp injury: Dodgers OF feeling strong after minor league game
- Phil Jackson rumors: Ex-Lakers coach gets offers from Knicks
- Portland Trail Blazers’ GM eyes ‘elite’ status as goal
- Watch out for the Houston Rockets
- Brandon Browner reinstated by the NFL
- Corey Brewer reflects on his annihilation of Derek Fisher
- 2014 NFL Draft: 5 Pac-12 standouts who could make an immediate impact
- NFL Draft 2014: Jadeveon Clowney should be No. 1 pick, says Marcus Lattimore
- Seahawks choose not to use franchise tag on Steven Hauschka
- Donald Butler signs contract extension with Chargers
Lakers news: Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol should play Friday vs. Wizards
- Updated: March 20, 2013
Los Angeles Lakers head coach Mike D’Antoni expects injured stars Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol to be in the lineup on Friday when they take on the Washington Wizards, according to ESPN Los Angeles’s Dave McMenamin.
Bryant has missed the Lakers’ last three games with a severely sprained ankle he suffered in a March 13 loss to the Atlanta Hawks on a controversial play involving Hawks forward Dahntay Jones. He initially tried to play in the following game vs. the Pacers on March 15, but couldn’t get through the first quarter. He’s since battled the flu in addition to receiving round-the-clock treatment on the ankle and could be ready to go one week Later.
Gasol has missed six weeks with a partially torn plantar fascia and suffered a setback last week when he felt soreness in the foot after undergoing half-court drills. He’s since been feeling better and played 3-on3 on Wednesday in perpetration for potential game action.
The Lakers are 36-33 and in eighth place in the Western Conference. At this point in the season with 13 games remaining, the Lakers need to be at their best.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Matt Kemp injury: Dodgers OF feeling strong after minor league game - March 9, 2014
- VIDEO: Blake Griffin feeds DeAndre Jordan vs. Hawks - March 8, 2014
- VIDEO: Ty Lawson breaks Jodie Meeks’ ankles, adds insult to Lakers’ woes - March 7, 2014