- Raiders training camp 2014: line of scrimmage a focus
- Raiders training camp 2014: Dennis Allen in ‘love’ with his quarterbacks
- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
- MVP performance a future glimpse of Ray McCallum
NCAA Tournament 2013: St. Mary’s beat MTSU, advance to face Memphis in Round of 64
- Updated: March 19, 2013
Led by Matthew Dellavedova’s 22 points, Saint Mary’s beat Middle Tennessee 67-54 in their First Four game in order to move onto the Second Round to face Memphis.
When Dellavedova was shut down on offense by Tweedy Knight, role players like Stephen Holt, Beau Levesque and Jordan Giusti stepped up on offense and defense. Up against a stingy Middle Tennessee defense, Dellavedova and company was successful from long distance (8-14 from 3-point range), went to the free throw line often (made 17 of 25 attempts) and kept the Blue Raiders off the foul line (only attempted seven free throws).
The Blue Raiders were led by Marcos Knight, who led his team in all major categories with 16 points on 7-of-14 shooting, seven assists and five rebounds. Middle Tennessee was making their first NCAA tournament appearance in 24 years after finishing first in the Sun Belt – East Division with a 28-6 (19-1 conference) regular season record.
St. Mary’s will face Memphis on Thursday, March 21 at 11:45 a.m. PT at The Palace of Auburn Hills in Auburn Hills, Michigan.
Follow and interact with Austin Chang on Twitter @_austinchang.
Latest posts by Austin Chang (see all)
- NFC West Week 4 roundup: 49ers dominate Rams, Seahawks win in overtime - September 30, 2013
- NFC West Week 3 roundup: Seahawks only bright spot in poor showing by division - September 23, 2013
- What will Trent Richardson do in Colts debut against 49ers? - September 22, 2013