- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
Lakers news: Metta World Peace played through leg injury since January
- Updated: March 19, 2013
“I popped something in my fibula, but it didn’t tear,” World Peace told ESPN Los Angeles on Sunday.
The injury would definitely help to explain just exactly why his numbers had dropped so precipitously. He shot 38.5 percent in January and just 32.6 in February. His percentage has climbed to 47 percent for the first nine games in March and even though he most likely won’t continue to shoot at such a high clip, it’s s sign that he’s regained his health, something Laker fans surely dotn’t take for granted after such a tumultuous season.
World Peace also says that he has also dealt with an arm injury this season, which for a stretch forced him to reduce some of his workout routine. Head coach Mike D’Antoni even stopped having him cover the opponent’s best wing player for a period of time.
“I thought he was really having trouble guarding perimeter guys and that’s why I kind of moved him to the 4,” D’Antoni said, “but now he’s guarding perimeter guys fine.”
Prior to the injuries, World Peace had been playing well, stringing together 20-point games in between great defensive performances.They’ll need every bit of that production as they try to navigate their way through a difficult Western Conference into the postseason.
Latest posts by Michael Porter (see all)
- Kobe Bryant says he’s ‘fat’, needs 3 weeks of conditioning - October 10, 2013
- Charles Woodson aging like fine wine with huge defensive plays - October 8, 2013
- NL West champion Dodgers eye World Series after historic turnaround - September 23, 2013