- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
- Metta World Peace expressed interest in St. John’s head coaching job
- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 100-98 loss to Rockets
Lakers news: Metta World Peace played through leg injury since January
- Updated: March 19, 2013
“I popped something in my fibula, but it didn’t tear,” World Peace told ESPN Los Angeles on Sunday.
The injury would definitely help to explain just exactly why his numbers had dropped so precipitously. He shot 38.5 percent in January and just 32.6 in February. His percentage has climbed to 47 percent for the first nine games in March and even though he most likely won’t continue to shoot at such a high clip, it’s s sign that he’s regained his health, something Laker fans surely dotn’t take for granted after such a tumultuous season.
World Peace also says that he has also dealt with an arm injury this season, which for a stretch forced him to reduce some of his workout routine. Head coach Mike D’Antoni even stopped having him cover the opponent’s best wing player for a period of time.
“I thought he was really having trouble guarding perimeter guys and that’s why I kind of moved him to the 4,” D’Antoni said, “but now he’s guarding perimeter guys fine.”
Prior to the injuries, World Peace had been playing well, stringing together 20-point games in between great defensive performances.They’ll need every bit of that production as they try to navigate their way through a difficult Western Conference into the postseason.
Latest posts by Michael Porter (see all)
- Kobe Bryant says he’s ‘fat’, needs 3 weeks of conditioning - October 10, 2013
- Charles Woodson aging like fine wine with huge defensive plays - October 8, 2013
- NL West champion Dodgers eye World Series after historic turnaround - September 23, 2013