- NHL playoffs 2014 preview: Stanley Cup roundtable and predictions
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 15: 49ers’ Aldon Smith arrested, Josh Hamilton out for two months
- NFL Draft 2014: Whose stock is rising and falling?
- Lakers lose 7th straight in home finale blowout vs. Grizzlies, 102-90
- Sacramento Kings look ahead in win vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Are stalled contract talks weighing down Pablo Sandoval?
- Los Angeles Lakers: 5 players L.A. needs to keep in 2014-15
- NHL Playoffs 2014: 3 dark horse Western Conference squads with a shot at the Stanley Cup
Lakers news: Metta World Peace played through leg injury since January
- Updated: March 19, 2013
“I popped something in my fibula, but it didn’t tear,” World Peace told ESPN Los Angeles on Sunday.
The injury would definitely help to explain just exactly why his numbers had dropped so precipitously. He shot 38.5 percent in January and just 32.6 in February. His percentage has climbed to 47 percent for the first nine games in March and even though he most likely won’t continue to shoot at such a high clip, it’s s sign that he’s regained his health, something Laker fans surely dotn’t take for granted after such a tumultuous season.
World Peace also says that he has also dealt with an arm injury this season, which for a stretch forced him to reduce some of his workout routine. Head coach Mike D’Antoni even stopped having him cover the opponent’s best wing player for a period of time.
“I thought he was really having trouble guarding perimeter guys and that’s why I kind of moved him to the 4,” D’Antoni said, “but now he’s guarding perimeter guys fine.”
Prior to the injuries, World Peace had been playing well, stringing together 20-point games in between great defensive performances.They’ll need every bit of that production as they try to navigate their way through a difficult Western Conference into the postseason.
Latest posts by Michael Porter (see all)
- Kobe Bryant says he’s ‘fat’, needs 3 weeks of conditioning - October 10, 2013
- Charles Woodson aging like fine wine with huge defensive plays - October 8, 2013
- NL West champion Dodgers eye World Series after historic turnaround - September 23, 2013