- 2014 NBA playoffs roundtable and predictions
- NHL playoffs 2014 preview: Stanley Cup roundtable and predictions
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 15: 49ers’ Aldon Smith arrested, Josh Hamilton out for two months
- NFL Draft 2014: Whose stock is rising and falling?
- Lakers lose 7th straight in home finale blowout vs. Grizzlies, 102-90
- Sacramento Kings look ahead in win vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Are stalled contract talks weighing down Pablo Sandoval?
- Los Angeles Lakers: 5 players L.A. needs to keep in 2014-15
NFL free agency: Chargers re-sign Ronnie Brown
- Updated: March 18, 2013
Brown brings reliability to the backfield that includes newly-signed free agent Danny Woodhead. Brown, though seldom-used, is a multi-talented asset at the running back position that is a capable runner and pass-catcher. The Chargers used him mostly on third downs and in passing situations, and that allowed him to total 49 receptions for 371 yards, ranking tied for second on the squad in the receptions category.
The eight-year veteran out of Auburn spent his first six seasons with the Miami Dolphins and ranks third all-time for the franchise mark in touchdowns. He next signed a one-year deal with Philadelphia in 2011 before signing with the Chargers last season.
Both Brown andWoodhead will be a change of pace from incumbent Ryan Mathews, who is returning from breaking both clavicles on separate occasions in 2012. San Diego will look to bounce back in a year that saw them struggle to establish the run as they ranked 27th in the NFL in rushing yards with 1,461. Brown appeared in 14 games in 2012, starting one.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding - April 16, 2014
- Michael Cuddyer injury: Rockies OF exits with hurt right elbow - April 14, 2014
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale - April 14, 2014