- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
- NFL Training Camp 2014: Chargers season preview
- Raiders training camp 2014: Darren McFadden unfazed by demotion
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy
- Outdoor game between Sharks and Kings leaked
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71
- UCLA to replace waterlogged court at Pauley Pavilion
NFL free agency: Chargers re-sign Ronnie Brown
- Updated: March 18, 2013
Brown brings reliability to the backfield that includes newly-signed free agent Danny Woodhead. Brown, though seldom-used, is a multi-talented asset at the running back position that is a capable runner and pass-catcher. The Chargers used him mostly on third downs and in passing situations, and that allowed him to total 49 receptions for 371 yards, ranking tied for second on the squad in the receptions category.
The eight-year veteran out of Auburn spent his first six seasons with the Miami Dolphins and ranks third all-time for the franchise mark in touchdowns. He next signed a one-year deal with Philadelphia in 2011 before signing with the Chargers last season.
Both Brown andWoodhead will be a change of pace from incumbent Ryan Mathews, who is returning from breaking both clavicles on separate occasions in 2012. San Diego will look to bounce back in a year that saw them struggle to establish the run as they ranked 27th in the NFL in rushing yards with 1,461. Brown appeared in 14 games in 2012, starting one.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014
- UCLA to replace waterlogged court at Pauley Pavilion - August 2, 2014