- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
- MVP performance a future glimpse of Ray McCallum
- Seattle Seahawks jerseys top NFLshop.com sales
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres
NFL free agency: Chargers re-sign Ronnie Brown
- Updated: March 18, 2013
Brown brings reliability to the backfield that includes newly-signed free agent Danny Woodhead. Brown, though seldom-used, is a multi-talented asset at the running back position that is a capable runner and pass-catcher. The Chargers used him mostly on third downs and in passing situations, and that allowed him to total 49 receptions for 371 yards, ranking tied for second on the squad in the receptions category.
The eight-year veteran out of Auburn spent his first six seasons with the Miami Dolphins and ranks third all-time for the franchise mark in touchdowns. He next signed a one-year deal with Philadelphia in 2011 before signing with the Chargers last season.
Both Brown andWoodhead will be a change of pace from incumbent Ryan Mathews, who is returning from breaking both clavicles on separate occasions in 2012. San Diego will look to bounce back in a year that saw them struggle to establish the run as they ranked 27th in the NFL in rushing yards with 1,461. Brown appeared in 14 games in 2012, starting one.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report - July 25, 2014
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres - July 19, 2014
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million - July 18, 2014