- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
NFL free agency: Chargers re-sign Ronnie Brown
- Updated: March 18, 2013
Brown brings reliability to the backfield that includes newly-signed free agent Danny Woodhead. Brown, though seldom-used, is a multi-talented asset at the running back position that is a capable runner and pass-catcher. The Chargers used him mostly on third downs and in passing situations, and that allowed him to total 49 receptions for 371 yards, ranking tied for second on the squad in the receptions category.
The eight-year veteran out of Auburn spent his first six seasons with the Miami Dolphins and ranks third all-time for the franchise mark in touchdowns. He next signed a one-year deal with Philadelphia in 2011 before signing with the Chargers last season.
Both Brown andWoodhead will be a change of pace from incumbent Ryan Mathews, who is returning from breaking both clavicles on separate occasions in 2012. San Diego will look to bounce back in a year that saw them struggle to establish the run as they ranked 27th in the NFL in rushing yards with 1,461. Brown appeared in 14 games in 2012, starting one.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks - December 12, 2014
- VIDEO: Russell Wilson makes Fletcher Cox look silly on quarterback scramble - December 7, 2014
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70 - December 5, 2014