- Lakers news: Steve Blake to miss at least six weeks with elbow injury
- Stale Sacramento Kings fail versus Utah Jazz 122-101
- Mark Trumbo trade: Did Jerry Dipoto make the right move?
- Lakers news: Kobe Bryant’s return adds unique challenges for teammates
- Clippers news: Stephen Jackson signs with L.A.
- Sacramento Kings trade exports won’t be simple to replace
- Lakers: Kobe Bryant’s improvement encouraging
- Kobe Bryant improves, but Lakers fall 114-108 to Suns
- Chargers vs. Broncos preview: Philip Rivers needs big day for Bolts upset
- Los Angeles Angels news: Halos acquire Tyler Skaggs and Hector Santiago in three-team deal
NFL free agency: Chargers re-sign Ronnie Brown
- Updated: March 18, 2013
Brown brings reliability to the backfield that includes newly-signed free agent Danny Woodhead. Brown, though seldom-used, is a multi-talented asset at the running back position that is a capable runner and pass-catcher. The Chargers used him mostly on third downs and in passing situations, and that allowed him to total 49 receptions for 371 yards, ranking tied for second on the squad in the receptions category.
The eight-year veteran out of Auburn spent his first six seasons with the Miami Dolphins and ranks third all-time for the franchise mark in touchdowns. He next signed a one-year deal with Philadelphia in 2011 before signing with the Chargers last season.
Both Brown andWoodhead will be a change of pace from incumbent Ryan Mathews, who is returning from breaking both clavicles on separate occasions in 2012. San Diego will look to bounce back in a year that saw them struggle to establish the run as they ranked 27th in the NFL in rushing yards with 1,461. Brown appeared in 14 games in 2012, starting one.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Lakers news: Kobe Bryant’s return adds unique challenges for teammates - December 11, 2013
- Clippers news: Stephen Jackson signs with L.A. - December 11, 2013
- UCLA LB Anthony Barr earns Lott Award, eyes others - December 9, 2013