- NFL free agency 2014: Chargers to sign Donald Brown, per report
- NFL free agency 2014: Golden Tate to visit Detroit Lions
- NCAA Tournament 2014: San Diego State head coach Steve Fisher eyeing top-4 seed
- Matt Kemp injury: Dodgers OF feeling strong after minor league game
- Phil Jackson rumors: Ex-Lakers coach gets offers from Knicks
- Portland Trail Blazers’ GM eyes ‘elite’ status as goal
- Watch out for the Houston Rockets
- Brandon Browner reinstated by the NFL
- Corey Brewer reflects on his annihilation of Derek Fisher
- 2014 NFL Draft: 5 Pac-12 standouts who could make an immediate impact
NFL free agency: Chargers re-sign Ronnie Brown
- Updated: March 18, 2013
Brown brings reliability to the backfield that includes newly-signed free agent Danny Woodhead. Brown, though seldom-used, is a multi-talented asset at the running back position that is a capable runner and pass-catcher. The Chargers used him mostly on third downs and in passing situations, and that allowed him to total 49 receptions for 371 yards, ranking tied for second on the squad in the receptions category.
The eight-year veteran out of Auburn spent his first six seasons with the Miami Dolphins and ranks third all-time for the franchise mark in touchdowns. He next signed a one-year deal with Philadelphia in 2011 before signing with the Chargers last season.
Both Brown andWoodhead will be a change of pace from incumbent Ryan Mathews, who is returning from breaking both clavicles on separate occasions in 2012. San Diego will look to bounce back in a year that saw them struggle to establish the run as they ranked 27th in the NFL in rushing yards with 1,461. Brown appeared in 14 games in 2012, starting one.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- NFL free agency 2014: Chargers to sign Donald Brown, per report - March 11, 2014
- NFL free agency 2014: Golden Tate to visit Detroit Lions - March 11, 2014
- NCAA Tournament 2014: San Diego State head coach Steve Fisher eyeing top-4 seed - March 11, 2014