- Boise State denies that Sam Ukwuachu’s 2013 dismissal was because of allegations of abuse
- Russell Wilson says he didn’t suffer a concussion in NFC Championship game
- Josh Rosen beats out Jerry Neuheisel as UCLA starting quarterback
- Jered Weaver says dugout outburst not aimed at Mike Trout
- Chargers news: Chris Watt should be getting more attention than D.J. Fluker
- Connor Halliday ready to restart professional football career
- Raiders, Taylor Mays officially agree to contract terms
- NaVorro Bowman brings needed lift to 49ers
- Kenny Stabler named Pro Football Hall of Fame senior finalist
- Sounders FC score 2 late goals against CD Olimpia in CONCACAF Champions League
Pau Gasol injury update: Lakers F-C has sore right foot
- Updated: March 17, 2013
Los Angeles Lakers star Pau Gasol suffered a setback a torn plantar fascia in his right foot on Saturday and will be evaluated on Sunday, according to beat writer Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register.
The big man worked out at the Lakers’ practice facility, and afterward felt soreness as he works to rehab and return to the lineup. Dr. Kenneth Jung will examine him, and further information is expected on Sunday before the team takes on the Sacramento Kings at Staples Center.
Gasol has been nearing a return to the court, and will likely come back at some point in the next week, but the latest news is a concern since he has to this point had no issues in his recovery.
He was originally given a six to eight-week timetable for returning, and the week set to begin on March 18 makes six weeks. The Spaniard is a necessary component of the Lakers’ hopes of making the playoffs in 2012-13, especially with Kobe Bryant suffering a severe ankle sprain vs. the Atlanta Hawks on Wednesday. As Bryant’s status is unknown, the Lakers will likely be without two of their top players for the foreseeable future.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Russell Wilson says he didn’t suffer a concussion in NFC Championship game - August 27, 2015
- Josh Rosen beats out Jerry Neuheisel as UCLA starting quarterback - August 27, 2015
- Blue Jays vs. Angels: East vs. West in potential October showdown - August 21, 2015