- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
- Sharks close trip with uninspired loss 4-1 loss to Sabres
- Chargers notes: Seyi Ajirotutu fined, Ryan Mathews and Manti Te’O to return after bye
- Clippers’ concerns revolve around defense and rebounding
- Do the 49ers have an identity crisis?
- Marcus Lattimore injury: 49ers running back has bigger issue
- Klay Thompson signs 4-year, $70 million extension with Warriors
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win
Pau Gasol injury update: Lakers F-C has sore right foot
- Updated: March 17, 2013
Los Angeles Lakers star Pau Gasol suffered a setback a torn plantar fascia in his right foot on Saturday and will be evaluated on Sunday, according to beat writer Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register.
The big man worked out at the Lakers’ practice facility, and afterward felt soreness as he works to rehab and return to the lineup. Dr. Kenneth Jung will examine him, and further information is expected on Sunday before the team takes on the Sacramento Kings at Staples Center.
Gasol has been nearing a return to the court, and will likely come back at some point in the next week, but the latest news is a concern since he has to this point had no issues in his recovery.
He was originally given a six to eight-week timetable for returning, and the week set to begin on March 18 makes six weeks. The Spaniard is a necessary component of the Lakers’ hopes of making the playoffs in 2012-13, especially with Kobe Bryant suffering a severe ankle sprain vs. the Atlanta Hawks on Wednesday. As Bryant’s status is unknown, the Lakers will likely be without two of their top players for the foreseeable future.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge - November 21, 2014
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor - November 21, 2014
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win - October 30, 2014