- Chargers vs. Bills, Week 3: Can Bolts build off big win?
- Chargers will go as far as Philip Rivers, veterans will take them
- Chargers vs. Seahawks: 3 things we learned in the Bolts’ 30-21 win
- NFL season 2014: Top 5 surprises of Week 2
- NFL mishandles Ray Rice situation
- Chargers vs. Cardinals, NFL Week 1 preview: Bolts have early road test on MNF stage
- Eric Weddle on 2014 Chargers: ‘We can beat anybody’
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
Pau Gasol injury update: Lakers F-C has sore right foot
- Updated: March 17, 2013
Los Angeles Lakers star Pau Gasol suffered a setback a torn plantar fascia in his right foot on Saturday and will be evaluated on Sunday, according to beat writer Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register.
The big man worked out at the Lakers’ practice facility, and afterward felt soreness as he works to rehab and return to the lineup. Dr. Kenneth Jung will examine him, and further information is expected on Sunday before the team takes on the Sacramento Kings at Staples Center.
Gasol has been nearing a return to the court, and will likely come back at some point in the next week, but the latest news is a concern since he has to this point had no issues in his recovery.
He was originally given a six to eight-week timetable for returning, and the week set to begin on March 18 makes six weeks. The Spaniard is a necessary component of the Lakers’ hopes of making the playoffs in 2012-13, especially with Kobe Bryant suffering a severe ankle sprain vs. the Atlanta Hawks on Wednesday. As Bryant’s status is unknown, the Lakers will likely be without two of their top players for the foreseeable future.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report - August 31, 2014
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014