- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
- Sharks finally finish Kings in season opener, 4-0
- Lakers training camp 2014: Has Wesley Johnson found his niche?
- NFL Quotes Roundup, Week 5: Reggie Wayne acknowledges age, RGIII makes progress
Pau Gasol injury update: Lakers F-C has sore right foot
- Updated: March 17, 2013
Los Angeles Lakers star Pau Gasol suffered a setback a torn plantar fascia in his right foot on Saturday and will be evaluated on Sunday, according to beat writer Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register.
The big man worked out at the Lakers’ practice facility, and afterward felt soreness as he works to rehab and return to the lineup. Dr. Kenneth Jung will examine him, and further information is expected on Sunday before the team takes on the Sacramento Kings at Staples Center.
Gasol has been nearing a return to the court, and will likely come back at some point in the next week, but the latest news is a concern since he has to this point had no issues in his recovery.
He was originally given a six to eight-week timetable for returning, and the week set to begin on March 18 makes six weeks. The Spaniard is a necessary component of the Lakers’ hopes of making the playoffs in 2012-13, especially with Kobe Bryant suffering a severe ankle sprain vs. the Atlanta Hawks on Wednesday. As Bryant’s status is unknown, the Lakers will likely be without two of their top players for the foreseeable future.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report - October 17, 2014
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador - October 11, 2014
- Padres fall to Rockies, 3-2 despite testing Jorge De La Rosa - September 23, 2014