- Pac-12 video preview: California Golden Bears at Washington Huskies
- Lakers sign center Robert Upshaw
- Raiders’ Charles Woodson, Derek Carr day-to-day with injuries
- Philip Rivers, Carlos Hyde earn NFL players of the week honors
- Golden State Warriors pursuing Steve Nash, per report
- Video preview: Utah State Aggies at Washington Huskies
- Seattle Seahawks top Las Vegas sportsbook as Super Bowl favorites
- Lions vs. Chargers: Philip Rivers, Melvin Gordon dealing with nerves, excitement
- Richard Sherman: Tom Brady, Patriots didn’t cheat
- Pac-12 preview: Oregon Ducks at Michigan State Spartans
Pau Gasol injury update: Lakers F-C has sore right foot
- Updated: March 17, 2013
Los Angeles Lakers star Pau Gasol suffered a setback a torn plantar fascia in his right foot on Saturday and will be evaluated on Sunday, according to beat writer Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register.
The big man worked out at the Lakers’ practice facility, and afterward felt soreness as he works to rehab and return to the lineup. Dr. Kenneth Jung will examine him, and further information is expected on Sunday before the team takes on the Sacramento Kings at Staples Center.
Gasol has been nearing a return to the court, and will likely come back at some point in the next week, but the latest news is a concern since he has to this point had no issues in his recovery.
He was originally given a six to eight-week timetable for returning, and the week set to begin on March 18 makes six weeks. The Spaniard is a necessary component of the Lakers’ hopes of making the playoffs in 2012-13, especially with Kobe Bryant suffering a severe ankle sprain vs. the Atlanta Hawks on Wednesday. As Bryant’s status is unknown, the Lakers will likely be without two of their top players for the foreseeable future.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Raiders’ Charles Woodson, Derek Carr day-to-day with injuries - September 17, 2015
- Philip Rivers, Carlos Hyde earn NFL players of the week honors - September 17, 2015
- Aldon Smith signs 1-year deal with Raiders, charged with three crimes on same day - September 11, 2015