- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 100-98 loss to Rockets
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament
- MWC Championship 2015: Winston Shepard drops 16 to rout Colorado State in semifinal
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters
- Cowboys sign Darren McFadden for 2 years, $5.85 million
- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
Jordan Hill injury update: Lakers big man could return in April
- Updated: March 17, 2013
Los Angeles Lakers big man Jordan Hill could return to the lineup sometime in April after missing over two months with surgery following a torn labrum in his hip, according to Mark Medina of the Los Angeles Daily News.
Hill has been doing stationary bike and elliptical work for the past three weeks and will continue to be monitored by the medical staff, who have said there’s a chance he could return as early as April or May. He’s been out since Jan. 6 when he suffered the injury in a loss vs. the Denver Nuggets at Staples Center. It was initially believed that he would be out for the season after undergoing surgery later in the month.
Any contribution from Hill would be a major boost to the 35-32 Lakers, who have struggled and fought their way back into the Western Conference playoff picture and have battled injuries to key players Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, Dwight Howard and Steve Blake. Their frontcourt has been depleted, and Hill would help alleviate some of the burden on Earl Clark and Howard.
Gasol suffered a setback on Saturday when he experienced soreness in the torn plantar fascia in his right foot and Bryant is officially day-to-day with a severe ankle sprain. The Lakers can’t get healthy quick enough.
In 29 games this season, Hill has averaged 6.7 points and 5.7 rebounds in 15.8 minutes per game.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues - March 17, 2015
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament - March 14, 2015
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters - March 13, 2015