- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
- Sharks finally finish Kings in season opener, 4-0
- Lakers training camp 2014: Has Wesley Johnson found his niche?
- NFL Quotes Roundup, Week 5: Reggie Wayne acknowledges age, RGIII makes progress
Jordan Hill injury update: Lakers big man could return in April
- Updated: March 17, 2013
Los Angeles Lakers big man Jordan Hill could return to the lineup sometime in April after missing over two months with surgery following a torn labrum in his hip, according to Mark Medina of the Los Angeles Daily News.
Hill has been doing stationary bike and elliptical work for the past three weeks and will continue to be monitored by the medical staff, who have said there’s a chance he could return as early as April or May. He’s been out since Jan. 6 when he suffered the injury in a loss vs. the Denver Nuggets at Staples Center. It was initially believed that he would be out for the season after undergoing surgery later in the month.
Any contribution from Hill would be a major boost to the 35-32 Lakers, who have struggled and fought their way back into the Western Conference playoff picture and have battled injuries to key players Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, Dwight Howard and Steve Blake. Their frontcourt has been depleted, and Hill would help alleviate some of the burden on Earl Clark and Howard.
Gasol suffered a setback on Saturday when he experienced soreness in the torn plantar fascia in his right foot and Bryant is officially day-to-day with a severe ankle sprain. The Lakers can’t get healthy quick enough.
In 29 games this season, Hill has averaged 6.7 points and 5.7 rebounds in 15.8 minutes per game.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report - October 17, 2014
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador - October 11, 2014
- Padres fall to Rockies, 3-2 despite testing Jorge De La Rosa - September 23, 2014