- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
- NFL Training Camp 2014: Chargers season preview
- Raiders training camp 2014: Darren McFadden unfazed by demotion
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy
- Outdoor game between Sharks and Kings leaked
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71
- UCLA to replace waterlogged court at Pauley Pavilion
Jordan Hill injury update: Lakers big man could return in April
- Updated: March 17, 2013
Los Angeles Lakers big man Jordan Hill could return to the lineup sometime in April after missing over two months with surgery following a torn labrum in his hip, according to Mark Medina of the Los Angeles Daily News.
Hill has been doing stationary bike and elliptical work for the past three weeks and will continue to be monitored by the medical staff, who have said there’s a chance he could return as early as April or May. He’s been out since Jan. 6 when he suffered the injury in a loss vs. the Denver Nuggets at Staples Center. It was initially believed that he would be out for the season after undergoing surgery later in the month.
Any contribution from Hill would be a major boost to the 35-32 Lakers, who have struggled and fought their way back into the Western Conference playoff picture and have battled injuries to key players Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, Dwight Howard and Steve Blake. Their frontcourt has been depleted, and Hill would help alleviate some of the burden on Earl Clark and Howard.
Gasol suffered a setback on Saturday when he experienced soreness in the torn plantar fascia in his right foot and Bryant is officially day-to-day with a severe ankle sprain. The Lakers can’t get healthy quick enough.
In 29 games this season, Hill has averaged 6.7 points and 5.7 rebounds in 15.8 minutes per game.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014
- UCLA to replace waterlogged court at Pauley Pavilion - August 2, 2014