- Kobe Bryant injury update: Lakers G ‘days’ away from returning
- Kobe Bryant injury update: Lakers G rules himself for Friday’s game
- Lakers News: Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash practice again
- Dodgers close to re-signing Brian Wilson
- Sacramento Kings show resilience in 97-95 loss to Oklahoma City Thunder
- Lakers news: Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash return to practice
- Jordan Farmar injury: Lakers G out 4 weeks with hamstring tear
- Steve Sarkisian to USC: Looking at the former UW coach’s most ironic tweets
- Vernon Davis on groin tackle: ‘The most painful thing ever’
- NFC West Week 13 Roundup: Seahawks Clinch a playoff spot, 49ers stay in contention
UCLA’s Jordan Adams out for season
- Updated: March 17, 2013
UCLA freshman guard Jordan Adams is done for the rest of the season after breaking the fifth metatarsal in his right foot on Friday, as first reported by Yahoo! Sports’ Jeff Eisenberg on Twitter.
On the final play of the Bruins’ 66-64 victory over Arizona, Adams tried to defend the potential game-tying shot by Solomon Hill. After the play, he came down and hobbled through the postgame handshakes. When he returned to the locker room, he received X-rays and the team knew of the extent of his foot injury within a half hour.
The team’s second-leading scorer averaging 15.3 points per game, Adams was a huge part in the team’s path to the Pac-12 regular-season championship. Despite adversity to start of the season, including the transfer of two players (Josh Smith and Tyler Lamb), the Bruins (25-8) will now look forward to the NCAA tournament without one of their star plaers. Norman Powell is expected to be the primary backup filling in for Adams.Ready for March Madness? Enter the $100K NCAA Bracket Challenge today with Sports Out West!
Austin Chang is an Associate Editor for Sports Out West and a San Francisco Bay Area-based sports journalist. His work can also be found on Yahoo! Sports and Rant Sports. Follow him on Twitter @_austinchang.
Latest posts by Austin Chang (see all)
- NFC West Week 4 roundup: 49ers dominate Rams, Seahawks win in overtime - September 30, 2013
- NFC West Week 3 roundup: Seahawks only bright spot in poor showing by division - September 23, 2013
- What will Trent Richardson do in Colts debut against 49ers? - September 22, 2013