- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
- Metta World Peace expressed interest in St. John’s head coaching job
- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 100-98 loss to Rockets
Stanford’s Dwight Powell will return for senior season
- Updated: March 17, 2013
Powell (6-foot-10, 235 pounds) was the clear leader for the Cardinal this season, as he was a first-team Pac-12 selection this season. Also the winner of the conference’s most improved player award, he went from averaging 5.8 points, 4.6 rebounds and 0.6 blocks a game to 15.4 points, 8.2 rebounds and 1.1 blocks a game.
Due to his distinctions this season, the athletic forward was a potential early entrant into the NBA draft. However, he has decided to return for next season.
With Powell returning, Stanford (18-14) looks to finish higher in the Pac-12 standings in 2013-14 with a core featuring Chasson Randle (14.0 points, 1.2 steals), Josh Huestis (10.7 points, 9.3 rebounds) and Aaron Bright (9.4 points, 3.5 assists).Ready for March Madness? Enter the $100K NCAA Bracket Challenge today with Sports Out West!
Austin Chang is an Associate Editor for Sports Out West and a San Francisco Bay Area-based sports journalist. His work can also be found on Yahoo! Sports and Rant Sports. Follow him on Twitter @_austinchang.
Latest posts by Austin Chang (see all)
- NFC West Week 4 roundup: 49ers dominate Rams, Seahawks win in overtime - September 30, 2013
- NFC West Week 3 roundup: Seahawks only bright spot in poor showing by division - September 23, 2013
- What will Trent Richardson do in Colts debut against 49ers? - September 22, 2013