- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
- NFL Training Camp 2014: Chargers season preview
- Raiders training camp 2014: Darren McFadden unfazed by demotion
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy
- Outdoor game between Sharks and Kings leaked
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71
- UCLA to replace waterlogged court at Pauley Pavilion
Stanford’s Dwight Powell will return for senior season
- Updated: March 17, 2013
Powell (6-foot-10, 235 pounds) was the clear leader for the Cardinal this season, as he was a first-team Pac-12 selection this season. Also the winner of the conference’s most improved player award, he went from averaging 5.8 points, 4.6 rebounds and 0.6 blocks a game to 15.4 points, 8.2 rebounds and 1.1 blocks a game.
Due to his distinctions this season, the athletic forward was a potential early entrant into the NBA draft. However, he has decided to return for next season.
With Powell returning, Stanford (18-14) looks to finish higher in the Pac-12 standings in 2013-14 with a core featuring Chasson Randle (14.0 points, 1.2 steals), Josh Huestis (10.7 points, 9.3 rebounds) and Aaron Bright (9.4 points, 3.5 assists).Ready for March Madness? Enter the $100K NCAA Bracket Challenge today with Sports Out West!
Austin Chang is an Associate Editor for Sports Out West and a San Francisco Bay Area-based sports journalist. His work can also be found on Yahoo! Sports and Rant Sports. Follow him on Twitter @_austinchang.
Latest posts by Austin Chang (see all)
- NFC West Week 4 roundup: 49ers dominate Rams, Seahawks win in overtime - September 30, 2013
- NFC West Week 3 roundup: Seahawks only bright spot in poor showing by division - September 23, 2013
- What will Trent Richardson do in Colts debut against 49ers? - September 22, 2013