- Patrick Peterson ‘having fun’ with Richard Sherman feud
- Raiders training camp 2014: line of scrimmage a focus
- Raiders training camp 2014: Dennis Allen in ‘love’ with his quarterbacks
- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
Stanford’s Dwight Powell will return for senior season
- Updated: March 17, 2013
Powell (6-foot-10, 235 pounds) was the clear leader for the Cardinal this season, as he was a first-team Pac-12 selection this season. Also the winner of the conference’s most improved player award, he went from averaging 5.8 points, 4.6 rebounds and 0.6 blocks a game to 15.4 points, 8.2 rebounds and 1.1 blocks a game.
Due to his distinctions this season, the athletic forward was a potential early entrant into the NBA draft. However, he has decided to return for next season.
With Powell returning, Stanford (18-14) looks to finish higher in the Pac-12 standings in 2013-14 with a core featuring Chasson Randle (14.0 points, 1.2 steals), Josh Huestis (10.7 points, 9.3 rebounds) and Aaron Bright (9.4 points, 3.5 assists).Ready for March Madness? Enter the $100K NCAA Bracket Challenge today with Sports Out West!
Austin Chang is an Associate Editor for Sports Out West and a San Francisco Bay Area-based sports journalist. His work can also be found on Yahoo! Sports and Rant Sports. Follow him on Twitter @_austinchang.
Latest posts by Austin Chang (see all)
- NFC West Week 4 roundup: 49ers dominate Rams, Seahawks win in overtime - September 30, 2013
- NFC West Week 3 roundup: Seahawks only bright spot in poor showing by division - September 23, 2013
- What will Trent Richardson do in Colts debut against 49ers? - September 22, 2013