- Chargers notes: Do the Bolts have the best receiving corps in football?
- Los Angeles Clippers Media Day 2014: ‘This is our time’
- Jaguars vs. Chargers, Week 4: Bolts win third straight, 33-14
- 4 things learned about the NFC West
- Pac-12 Las Vegas Outlook: Week 4
- Ben McLemore relaxed after lost rookie year
- Giants playoff tickets 209 percent above season average
- Angels playoff tickets up 257 percent from season average
- Marcus Mariota and the way-too-early Heisman watch
- Chargers news: Donald Brown ready to lead Bolts’ backfield
MWC Tournament 2013: San Diego State advances, Fresno State falls on Day 2
- Updated: March 14, 2013
San Diego State is poised for a rematch against conference powerhouse New Mexico after the Aztecs defeated a strong Boise State team, 73-61 on Day 2 of the Mountain West Conference Tournament at Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas.
Xavier Thames was outstanding and led the way for San Diego State with 18 points, six rebounds, five assists and one steal. The Aztecs will move on and play Thursday against their conference nemesis New Mexico in a rubber match slated for Thursday.
The two teams split their regular season matchups, with each team prevailing at home. The game, scheduled for 6 p.m. PT, should be an epic battle on neutral ground with high stakes. Though both teams could get an at-large bid to the NCAA Tournament come selection Sunday, a win in the next round would solidify their chances at advancing into March Madness.
Fresno State didn’t fare as well as they struggled to keep pace with Colorado State and lost, 67-61. The seventh-seeded Bulldogs fought hard to keep pace with No. 2 seed Colorado State, but couldn’t muster up enough to pull off the upset. Tyler Johnson led the way for the Bulldogs, finishing with 14 points on 6-of-12 shooting from the field.Ready for March Madness? Enter the $100K NCAA Bracket Challenge today with Sports Out West!
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Padres fall to Rockies, 3-2 despite testing Jorge De La Rosa - September 23, 2014
- Bud Black on Padres long-term success: ‘It’s more personal’ - September 23, 2014
- 49ers, Cardinals fans brawl in Glendale: How San Francisco lost twice - September 23, 2014