- UPDATE: Odell Beckham Jr. wins Madden Cover
- NFL defense contracts tell sad tale of greed
- Clippers dominate 3rd quarter, beat Rockets, 128-95
- Lakers should hold off on max offer sheet to Jimmy Butler
- NFL Draft 2015: Rumors swirl as Day 1 nears
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’
- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
MWC Tournament 2013: San Diego State advances, Fresno State falls on Day 2
- Updated: March 14, 2013
San Diego State is poised for a rematch against conference powerhouse New Mexico after the Aztecs defeated a strong Boise State team, 73-61 on Day 2 of the Mountain West Conference Tournament at Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas.
Xavier Thames was outstanding and led the way for San Diego State with 18 points, six rebounds, five assists and one steal. The Aztecs will move on and play Thursday against their conference nemesis New Mexico in a rubber match slated for Thursday.
The two teams split their regular season matchups, with each team prevailing at home. The game, scheduled for 6 p.m. PT, should be an epic battle on neutral ground with high stakes. Though both teams could get an at-large bid to the NCAA Tournament come selection Sunday, a win in the next round would solidify their chances at advancing into March Madness.
Fresno State didn’t fare as well as they struggled to keep pace with Colorado State and lost, 67-61. The seventh-seeded Bulldogs fought hard to keep pace with No. 2 seed Colorado State, but couldn’t muster up enough to pull off the upset. Tyler Johnson led the way for the Bulldogs, finishing with 14 points on 6-of-12 shooting from the field.Ready for March Madness? Enter the $100K NCAA Bracket Challenge today with Sports Out West!
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’ - April 27, 2015
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues - March 17, 2015
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament - March 14, 2015