- Seattle Seahawks jerseys top NFLshop.com sales
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres
- NBA Summer League 2014: Julius Randle, Jordan Clarkson lead Lakers past Nuggets, 83-77
- Joe Torre on Hall of Fame: ‘Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity’
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million
- Steve Kerr impresses at NBA Summer League, despite record
- British Open 2014: Tiger Woods fires 69, sits 3 shots back after Round 1
- The Sacramento Kings’ veteran crisis
- NBA Summer League tournament beginning to take shape
- 5 NBA Summer League players who could earn rotation spots
Nnamdi Asomugha, San Francisco 49ers have mutual interest
- Updated: March 13, 2013
The Nnamdi Asomugha experiment with the Philadelphia Eagles was unsuccessful. Now, it appears that the former California star is thinking about coming back to the Bay area. According to CSNbayarea.com, there is mutual interest between he and the San Francisco 49ers.
Asomugha made a name for himself locking down half the field playing for the Oakland Raiders. In 2006 while with the Raiders Asomugha recorded eight interceptions. After that breakout season quarterbacks stopped throwing to his side. He will look to regain that form after constantly being targeted and beaten while playing with the Eagles.
Earlier this offseason, the 49ers were considering bringing in Darrelle Revis but have since decided against it. Bringing in Asomugha would be the next best thing and he does not cost nearly as much now, nor would they have to give up any draft picks. The 49ers need secondary help with the departure of Dashon Goldson to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The 49ers have already been active this offseason trading for Anquan Boldin. They are diligently working to stay the class of the NFC.