- Matt Kemp injury: Dodgers OF feeling strong after minor league game
- Phil Jackson rumors: Ex-Lakers coach gets offers from Knicks
- Portland Trail Blazers’ GM eyes ‘elite’ status as goal
- Watch out for the Houston Rockets
- Brandon Browner reinstated by the NFL
- Corey Brewer reflects on his annihilation of Derek Fisher
- 2014 NFL Draft: 5 Pac-12 standouts who could make an immediate impact
- NFL Draft 2014: Jadeveon Clowney should be No. 1 pick, says Marcus Lattimore
- Seahawks choose not to use franchise tag on Steven Hauschka
- Donald Butler signs contract extension with Chargers
Nnamdi Asomugha, San Francisco 49ers have mutual interest
- Updated: March 13, 2013
The Nnamdi Asomugha experiment with the Philadelphia Eagles was unsuccessful. Now, it appears that the former California star is thinking about coming back to the Bay area. According to CSNbayarea.com, there is mutual interest between he and the San Francisco 49ers.
Asomugha made a name for himself locking down half the field playing for the Oakland Raiders. In 2006 while with the Raiders Asomugha recorded eight interceptions. After that breakout season quarterbacks stopped throwing to his side. He will look to regain that form after constantly being targeted and beaten while playing with the Eagles.
Earlier this offseason, the 49ers were considering bringing in Darrelle Revis but have since decided against it. Bringing in Asomugha would be the next best thing and he does not cost nearly as much now, nor would they have to give up any draft picks. The 49ers need secondary help with the departure of Dashon Goldson to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The 49ers have already been active this offseason trading for Anquan Boldin. They are diligently working to stay the class of the NFC.
Latest posts by Keenan Actkins (see all)
- NFL free agency 2014: NFC West players on the move - March 10, 2014
- NFL free agency 2014: AFC West Free Agent Targets - March 5, 2014
- 2014 NFL Draft: 5 Pac-12 standouts who could make an immediate impact - March 3, 2014