- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 100-98 loss to Rockets
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament
- MWC Championship 2015: Winston Shepard drops 16 to rout Colorado State in semifinal
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters
- Cowboys sign Darren McFadden for 2 years, $5.85 million
- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
Nnamdi Asomugha, San Francisco 49ers have mutual interest
- Updated: March 13, 2013
The Nnamdi Asomugha experiment with the Philadelphia Eagles was unsuccessful. Now, it appears that the former California star is thinking about coming back to the Bay area. According to CSNbayarea.com, there is mutual interest between he and the San Francisco 49ers.
Asomugha made a name for himself locking down half the field playing for the Oakland Raiders. In 2006 while with the Raiders Asomugha recorded eight interceptions. After that breakout season quarterbacks stopped throwing to his side. He will look to regain that form after constantly being targeted and beaten while playing with the Eagles.
Earlier this offseason, the 49ers were considering bringing in Darrelle Revis but have since decided against it. Bringing in Asomugha would be the next best thing and he does not cost nearly as much now, nor would they have to give up any draft picks. The 49ers need secondary help with the departure of Dashon Goldson to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The 49ers have already been active this offseason trading for Anquan Boldin. They are diligently working to stay the class of the NFC.
Latest posts by Keenan Actkins (see all)
- NFL offseason 2015: What has happened to the quality of safety play? - March 30, 2015
- NFL offseason 2015: Do the Bucs have to take a quarterback? - March 25, 2015
- NFL offseason 2015: What to do if a quarterback is all you have? - March 23, 2015