- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
- NFL Training Camp 2014: Chargers season preview
- Raiders training camp 2014: Darren McFadden unfazed by demotion
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy
- Outdoor game between Sharks and Kings leaked
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71
- UCLA to replace waterlogged court at Pauley Pavilion
Nnamdi Asomugha, San Francisco 49ers have mutual interest
- Updated: March 13, 2013
The Nnamdi Asomugha experiment with the Philadelphia Eagles was unsuccessful. Now, it appears that the former California star is thinking about coming back to the Bay area. According to CSNbayarea.com, there is mutual interest between he and the San Francisco 49ers.
Asomugha made a name for himself locking down half the field playing for the Oakland Raiders. In 2006 while with the Raiders Asomugha recorded eight interceptions. After that breakout season quarterbacks stopped throwing to his side. He will look to regain that form after constantly being targeted and beaten while playing with the Eagles.
Earlier this offseason, the 49ers were considering bringing in Darrelle Revis but have since decided against it. Bringing in Asomugha would be the next best thing and he does not cost nearly as much now, nor would they have to give up any draft picks. The 49ers need secondary help with the departure of Dashon Goldson to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The 49ers have already been active this offseason trading for Anquan Boldin. They are diligently working to stay the class of the NFC.
Latest posts by Keenan Actkins (see all)
- NFL 2014: Fantasy Football Sleepers Buy or Sell list - August 27, 2014
- NFL 2014: How should the Rams respond to Sam Bradford’s injury? - August 25, 2014
- Star athletes need to speak up! - August 20, 2014