- Stale Sacramento Kings fail versus Utah Jazz 122-101
- Mark Trumbo trade: Did Jerry Dipoto make the right move?
- Lakers news: Kobe Bryant’s return adds unique challenges for teammates
- Clippers news: Stephen Jackson signs with L.A.
- Sacramento Kings trade exports won’t be simple to replace
- Lakers: Kobe Bryant’s improvement encouraging
- Kobe Bryant improves, but Lakers fall 114-108 to Suns
- Chargers vs. Broncos preview: Philip Rivers needs big day for Bolts upset
- Los Angeles Angels news: Halos acquire Tyler Skaggs and Hector Santiago in three-team deal
- UCLA LB Anthony Barr earns Lott Award, eyes others
NFL free agents: Lions offer Reggie Bush full-time role
- Updated: March 13, 2013
Bush had long been a situational runner and pass-catcher with the New Orleans Saints before going to the Miami Dolphins in 2011 and enjoying success as a starter. Reportedly, he’d like to do that once again and prove he can handle the workload, and the Lions are prepared to give him that opportunity.
He will also have a chance to fill the same role in Arizona, and all things being equal, Detroit appears to be the more attractive scenario due to stability at the quarterback position that will invariably give the offense balance.
Bush was used as a pass-catcher and third-down back and kick returner for his first five seasons with the Saints. He blossomed with the Dolphins, however as a full-time ball-carrier, amassing totals of 1,086 yards in 2011 and 986 yards in 2012 while catching a total of 78 passes over the course of those two season. The same versatility that made him a household name while playing at USC could coincidentally help him reach prominence in a similar role with an offense that includes Matthew Stafford, Calvin Johnson, Nate Burleson and Brandon Pettigrew.
If Bush joins them, they could become as dynamic as the Super Bowl-winning Saints were in 2009.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Lakers news: Kobe Bryant’s return adds unique challenges for teammates - December 11, 2013
- Clippers news: Stephen Jackson signs with L.A. - December 11, 2013
- UCLA LB Anthony Barr earns Lott Award, eyes others - December 9, 2013