- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
- NFL Training Camp 2014: Chargers season preview
- Raiders training camp 2014: Darren McFadden unfazed by demotion
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy
- Outdoor game between Sharks and Kings leaked
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71
- UCLA to replace waterlogged court at Pauley Pavilion
NFL free agents: Lions offer Reggie Bush full-time role
- Updated: March 13, 2013
Bush had long been a situational runner and pass-catcher with the New Orleans Saints before going to the Miami Dolphins in 2011 and enjoying success as a starter. Reportedly, he’d like to do that once again and prove he can handle the workload, and the Lions are prepared to give him that opportunity.
He will also have a chance to fill the same role in Arizona, and all things being equal, Detroit appears to be the more attractive scenario due to stability at the quarterback position that will invariably give the offense balance.
Bush was used as a pass-catcher and third-down back and kick returner for his first five seasons with the Saints. He blossomed with the Dolphins, however as a full-time ball-carrier, amassing totals of 1,086 yards in 2011 and 986 yards in 2012 while catching a total of 78 passes over the course of those two season. The same versatility that made him a household name while playing at USC could coincidentally help him reach prominence in a similar role with an offense that includes Matthew Stafford, Calvin Johnson, Nate Burleson and Brandon Pettigrew.
If Bush joins them, they could become as dynamic as the Super Bowl-winning Saints were in 2009.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014
- UCLA to replace waterlogged court at Pauley Pavilion - August 2, 2014