- 2014 NBA playoffs roundtable and predictions
- NHL playoffs 2014 preview: Stanley Cup roundtable and predictions
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 15: 49ers’ Aldon Smith arrested, Josh Hamilton out for two months
- NFL Draft 2014: Whose stock is rising and falling?
- Lakers lose 7th straight in home finale blowout vs. Grizzlies, 102-90
- Sacramento Kings look ahead in win vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Are stalled contract talks weighing down Pablo Sandoval?
- Los Angeles Lakers: 5 players L.A. needs to keep in 2014-15
NFL free agents: Lions offer Reggie Bush full-time role
- Updated: March 13, 2013
Bush had long been a situational runner and pass-catcher with the New Orleans Saints before going to the Miami Dolphins in 2011 and enjoying success as a starter. Reportedly, he’d like to do that once again and prove he can handle the workload, and the Lions are prepared to give him that opportunity.
He will also have a chance to fill the same role in Arizona, and all things being equal, Detroit appears to be the more attractive scenario due to stability at the quarterback position that will invariably give the offense balance.
Bush was used as a pass-catcher and third-down back and kick returner for his first five seasons with the Saints. He blossomed with the Dolphins, however as a full-time ball-carrier, amassing totals of 1,086 yards in 2011 and 986 yards in 2012 while catching a total of 78 passes over the course of those two season. The same versatility that made him a household name while playing at USC could coincidentally help him reach prominence in a similar role with an offense that includes Matthew Stafford, Calvin Johnson, Nate Burleson and Brandon Pettigrew.
If Bush joins them, they could become as dynamic as the Super Bowl-winning Saints were in 2009.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding - April 16, 2014
- Michael Cuddyer injury: Rockies OF exits with hurt right elbow - April 14, 2014
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale - April 14, 2014