- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
NFL free agents: Lions offer Reggie Bush full-time role
- Updated: March 13, 2013
Bush had long been a situational runner and pass-catcher with the New Orleans Saints before going to the Miami Dolphins in 2011 and enjoying success as a starter. Reportedly, he’d like to do that once again and prove he can handle the workload, and the Lions are prepared to give him that opportunity.
He will also have a chance to fill the same role in Arizona, and all things being equal, Detroit appears to be the more attractive scenario due to stability at the quarterback position that will invariably give the offense balance.
Bush was used as a pass-catcher and third-down back and kick returner for his first five seasons with the Saints. He blossomed with the Dolphins, however as a full-time ball-carrier, amassing totals of 1,086 yards in 2011 and 986 yards in 2012 while catching a total of 78 passes over the course of those two season. The same versatility that made him a household name while playing at USC could coincidentally help him reach prominence in a similar role with an offense that includes Matthew Stafford, Calvin Johnson, Nate Burleson and Brandon Pettigrew.
If Bush joins them, they could become as dynamic as the Super Bowl-winning Saints were in 2009.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks - December 12, 2014
- VIDEO: Russell Wilson makes Fletcher Cox look silly on quarterback scramble - December 7, 2014
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70 - December 5, 2014