- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
Padres news: Freddy Garcia eyes starting rotation spot
- Updated: March 13, 2013
Garcia pitched four strong innings and struck out six batters while showing excellent command of his pitches. The 36-year-old was a non-roster invitee to spring training after spending the last two seasons with the New York Yankees. He was granted free agency on October 29, 2012 and is trying to find new life in America’s Finest City while shoring up their pitching staff.
He started out the spring on a bad note, allowing 10 runs in 6 2/3 innings and posting an astronomical 13.50 ERA over that stretch. But he’s since turned things around and has given the front office and coaching staff reason to give him more opportunities to show some consistency. Manager Bud Black was pleased with his approach, citing varied arm speed as one of the main reasons Garcia was able to stay ahead of hitters and keep them guessing.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report - January 20, 2015
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs - January 19, 2015
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried? - January 16, 2015