- NHL playoffs 2014 preview: Stanley Cup roundtable and predictions
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 15: 49ers’ Aldon Smith arrested, Josh Hamilton out for two months
- NFL Draft 2014: Whose stock is rising and falling?
- Lakers lose 7th straight in home finale blowout vs. Grizzlies, 102-90
- Sacramento Kings look ahead in win vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Are stalled contract talks weighing down Pablo Sandoval?
- Los Angeles Lakers: 5 players L.A. needs to keep in 2014-15
- NHL Playoffs 2014: 3 dark horse Western Conference squads with a shot at the Stanley Cup
Reggie Bush free agency: Cardinals have interest in RB
- Updated: March 12, 2013
The interest in the former USC star’s services has been deemed signifiant according to the report, and the Detroit Lions are also rumored to be in the mix to acquire him this offseason.
Bush, an unrestricted free agent as of March 12, will hit the market looking for a chance to start and become another team’s primary ballcarrier as the Miami Dolphins appear ready to move on without him. In 2012, he started all 16 games in Miami and 4.3 yards per carry on the ground and 18.3 receiving yards per game. He totaled 986 yards last season, down from the 1,086 in 2011 when he only played in 15 games.
At 28 years-old, Bush is entering the twilight of his career as a running back, but likely has value to add to a team. He is a dynamic threat with pass-catching ability and can make big plays when given space. He won a Super Bowl with the New Orleans Saints in 2009 and an NFL All-Pro in 2008.
The Cardinals struggled in 2012 as one of the worst offensive teams in the NFL. Beanie Wells, LaRod Stephens-Howling and William Powell served as the primary running backs and led the team to an NFL-worst 1,204 yards on just 352 attempts. Part of the reason for their struggles with the ground game also had to do with their well-document issues at quarterback, where four different signal-callers started under center last season.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding - April 16, 2014
- Michael Cuddyer injury: Rockies OF exits with hurt right elbow - April 14, 2014
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale - April 14, 2014