- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
Reggie Bush free agency: Cardinals have interest in RB
- Updated: March 12, 2013
The interest in the former USC star’s services has been deemed signifiant according to the report, and the Detroit Lions are also rumored to be in the mix to acquire him this offseason.
Bush, an unrestricted free agent as of March 12, will hit the market looking for a chance to start and become another team’s primary ballcarrier as the Miami Dolphins appear ready to move on without him. In 2012, he started all 16 games in Miami and 4.3 yards per carry on the ground and 18.3 receiving yards per game. He totaled 986 yards last season, down from the 1,086 in 2011 when he only played in 15 games.
At 28 years-old, Bush is entering the twilight of his career as a running back, but likely has value to add to a team. He is a dynamic threat with pass-catching ability and can make big plays when given space. He won a Super Bowl with the New Orleans Saints in 2009 and an NFL All-Pro in 2008.
The Cardinals struggled in 2012 as one of the worst offensive teams in the NFL. Beanie Wells, LaRod Stephens-Howling and William Powell served as the primary running backs and led the team to an NFL-worst 1,204 yards on just 352 attempts. Part of the reason for their struggles with the ground game also had to do with their well-document issues at quarterback, where four different signal-callers started under center last season.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report - January 20, 2015
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs - January 19, 2015
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried? - January 16, 2015