- Phil Jackson rumors: Ex-Lakers coach gets offers from Knicks
- Portland Trail Blazers’ GM eyes ‘elite’ status as goal
- Watch out for the Houston Rockets
- Brandon Browner reinstated by the NFL
- Corey Brewer reflects on his annihilation of Derek Fisher
- 2014 NFL Draft: 5 Pac-12 standouts who could make an immediate impact
- NFL Draft 2014: Jadeveon Clowney should be No. 1 pick, says Marcus Lattimore
- Seahawks choose not to use franchise tag on Steven Hauschka
- Donald Butler signs contract extension with Chargers
- Pablo Sandoval credits teammates with weight loss, increased fitness
Reggie Bush free agency: Cardinals have interest in RB
- Updated: March 12, 2013
The interest in the former USC star’s services has been deemed signifiant according to the report, and the Detroit Lions are also rumored to be in the mix to acquire him this offseason.
Bush, an unrestricted free agent as of March 12, will hit the market looking for a chance to start and become another team’s primary ballcarrier as the Miami Dolphins appear ready to move on without him. In 2012, he started all 16 games in Miami and 4.3 yards per carry on the ground and 18.3 receiving yards per game. He totaled 986 yards last season, down from the 1,086 in 2011 when he only played in 15 games.
At 28 years-old, Bush is entering the twilight of his career as a running back, but likely has value to add to a team. He is a dynamic threat with pass-catching ability and can make big plays when given space. He won a Super Bowl with the New Orleans Saints in 2009 and an NFL All-Pro in 2008.
The Cardinals struggled in 2012 as one of the worst offensive teams in the NFL. Beanie Wells, LaRod Stephens-Howling and William Powell served as the primary running backs and led the team to an NFL-worst 1,204 yards on just 352 attempts. Part of the reason for their struggles with the ground game also had to do with their well-document issues at quarterback, where four different signal-callers started under center last season.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- VIDEO: Blake Griffin feeds DeAndre Jordan vs. Hawks - March 8, 2014
- VIDEO: Ty Lawson breaks Jodie Meeks’ ankles, adds insult to Lakers’ woes - March 7, 2014
- Phil Jackson rumors: Ex-Lakers coach gets offers from Knicks - March 7, 2014