- Klay Thompson signs 4-year, $70 million extension with Warriors
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win
- Russell Westbrook injury: Thunder guard exits game vs. Clippers, won’t return
- Chargers news: Bolts acknowledge importance of Miami game
- Julius Randle injury: Lakers rookie suffers broken leg in 1st NBA game
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
NFL free agency: Chargers sign OL King Dunlap
- Updated: March 12, 2013
The San Diego Chargers signed unrestricted free agent King Dunlap to a two-year deal on Tuesday, according to Adam Caplan of PhiladelphiaEagles.com.
The 27-year-old out of Auburn University played behind former Chargers lineman Marcus McNeill collegiately and has spent his first four seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles. Throughout his career, he has shifted from left tackle to right tackle and even played left guard in 2011.
Dunlap is expected to come in and bolster an offensive line that struggled to protect quarterback Philip Rivers from the pass rush. The Chargers lost guard Louis Vasquez to the Denver Broncos via free agency earlier in the day as the March 12 signing period has made for a busy afternoon. San Diego’s passing offense took a step back in 2012, largely because of deficiencies and injuries to a patchwork offensive line that lost McNeill and Chris Dielman.
The Chargers ranked 24th in the NFL in passing yardage with 3,295 yards and 11th in touchdowns through the air with 26. Whether or not they are done addressing the line via an additional free agent signing or via the draft remains to be seen. Terms of the agreement were not immediately made available per the report.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win - October 30, 2014
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report - October 17, 2014
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador - October 11, 2014