- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
NFL free agency: Chargers sign OL King Dunlap
- Updated: March 12, 2013
The San Diego Chargers signed unrestricted free agent King Dunlap to a two-year deal on Tuesday, according to Adam Caplan of PhiladelphiaEagles.com.
The 27-year-old out of Auburn University played behind former Chargers lineman Marcus McNeill collegiately and has spent his first four seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles. Throughout his career, he has shifted from left tackle to right tackle and even played left guard in 2011.
Dunlap is expected to come in and bolster an offensive line that struggled to protect quarterback Philip Rivers from the pass rush. The Chargers lost guard Louis Vasquez to the Denver Broncos via free agency earlier in the day as the March 12 signing period has made for a busy afternoon. San Diego’s passing offense took a step back in 2012, largely because of deficiencies and injuries to a patchwork offensive line that lost McNeill and Chris Dielman.
The Chargers ranked 24th in the NFL in passing yardage with 3,295 yards and 11th in touchdowns through the air with 26. Whether or not they are done addressing the line via an additional free agent signing or via the draft remains to be seen. Terms of the agreement were not immediately made available per the report.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report - January 20, 2015
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs - January 19, 2015
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried? - January 16, 2015