- Pac-12 video preview: California Golden Bears at Washington Huskies
- Lakers sign center Robert Upshaw
- Raiders’ Charles Woodson, Derek Carr day-to-day with injuries
- Philip Rivers, Carlos Hyde earn NFL players of the week honors
- Golden State Warriors pursuing Steve Nash, per report
- Video preview: Utah State Aggies at Washington Huskies
- Seattle Seahawks top Las Vegas sportsbook as Super Bowl favorites
- Lions vs. Chargers: Philip Rivers, Melvin Gordon dealing with nerves, excitement
- Richard Sherman: Tom Brady, Patriots didn’t cheat
- Pac-12 preview: Oregon Ducks at Michigan State Spartans
NFL free agency: Chargers sign OL King Dunlap
- Updated: March 12, 2013
The San Diego Chargers signed unrestricted free agent King Dunlap to a two-year deal on Tuesday, according to Adam Caplan of PhiladelphiaEagles.com.
The 27-year-old out of Auburn University played behind former Chargers lineman Marcus McNeill collegiately and has spent his first four seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles. Throughout his career, he has shifted from left tackle to right tackle and even played left guard in 2011.
Dunlap is expected to come in and bolster an offensive line that struggled to protect quarterback Philip Rivers from the pass rush. The Chargers lost guard Louis Vasquez to the Denver Broncos via free agency earlier in the day as the March 12 signing period has made for a busy afternoon. San Diego’s passing offense took a step back in 2012, largely because of deficiencies and injuries to a patchwork offensive line that lost McNeill and Chris Dielman.
The Chargers ranked 24th in the NFL in passing yardage with 3,295 yards and 11th in touchdowns through the air with 26. Whether or not they are done addressing the line via an additional free agent signing or via the draft remains to be seen. Terms of the agreement were not immediately made available per the report.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Raiders’ Charles Woodson, Derek Carr day-to-day with injuries - September 17, 2015
- Philip Rivers, Carlos Hyde earn NFL players of the week honors - September 17, 2015
- Aldon Smith signs 1-year deal with Raiders, charged with three crimes on same day - September 11, 2015