- Matt Kemp injury: Dodgers OF feeling strong after minor league game
- Phil Jackson rumors: Ex-Lakers coach gets offers from Knicks
- Portland Trail Blazers’ GM eyes ‘elite’ status as goal
- Watch out for the Houston Rockets
- Brandon Browner reinstated by the NFL
- Corey Brewer reflects on his annihilation of Derek Fisher
- 2014 NFL Draft: 5 Pac-12 standouts who could make an immediate impact
- NFL Draft 2014: Jadeveon Clowney should be No. 1 pick, says Marcus Lattimore
- Seahawks choose not to use franchise tag on Steven Hauschka
- Donald Butler signs contract extension with Chargers
NFL free agency: Chargers sign OL King Dunlap
- Updated: March 12, 2013
The San Diego Chargers signed unrestricted free agent King Dunlap to a two-year deal on Tuesday, according to Adam Caplan of PhiladelphiaEagles.com.
The 27-year-old out of Auburn University played behind former Chargers lineman Marcus McNeill collegiately and has spent his first four seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles. Throughout his career, he has shifted from left tackle to right tackle and even played left guard in 2011.
Dunlap is expected to come in and bolster an offensive line that struggled to protect quarterback Philip Rivers from the pass rush. The Chargers lost guard Louis Vasquez to the Denver Broncos via free agency earlier in the day as the March 12 signing period has made for a busy afternoon. San Diego’s passing offense took a step back in 2012, largely because of deficiencies and injuries to a patchwork offensive line that lost McNeill and Chris Dielman.
The Chargers ranked 24th in the NFL in passing yardage with 3,295 yards and 11th in touchdowns through the air with 26. Whether or not they are done addressing the line via an additional free agent signing or via the draft remains to be seen. Terms of the agreement were not immediately made available per the report.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Matt Kemp injury: Dodgers OF feeling strong after minor league game - March 9, 2014
- VIDEO: Blake Griffin feeds DeAndre Jordan vs. Hawks - March 8, 2014
- VIDEO: Ty Lawson breaks Jodie Meeks’ ankles, adds insult to Lakers’ woes - March 7, 2014