- Oakland Athletics ace Scott Kazmir headed to Houston
- Antonio Gates suspension: A look at Chargers tight ends who must step up
- Angels midseason grades: Turmoil overshadows reasonable start
- Greg Monroe to visit with Lakers, Blazers during free agency
- Matt Kemp hitting leadoff as Padres shake things up vs. Giants
- Padres promote Pat Murphy for remainder of the season
- Clippers acquire Lance Stephenson for Matt Barnes, Spencer Hawes
- Bud Black fired by Padres after nine seasons
- 3 takeaways from Seattle Seahawks OTAs
- Stephen Curry goes cold as Warriors fall to Cavs in OT, 95-93
Lakers news: Kobe Bryant earns Western Conference Player of the Week honor
- Updated: March 12, 2013
Averaging a league-best 33.0 points in that time span, his week was highlighted by back-to-back games with 40-plus points and 10-plus assists. His efforts helped move the Lakers into the No. 8 spot in the Western Conference standings.
Bryant’s performances over the week:
Tuesday, March 5 at Oklahoma City Thunder: 30 points, three rebounds, two assists
Wednesday, March 6 at New Orleans Hornets: 42 points, 12 assists, seven rebounds
Friday, March 8 vs. Toronto Raptors: 41 points, 12 assists, six rebounds, two steals
Sunday, March 10 vs. Chicago Bulls: 19 points, nine assists, seven rebounds, two steals
The Miami Heat’s Dwyane Wade was named the Eastern Conference Player of the Week, as his 25.3 points, 5.0 assists, 4.3 rebounds and 3.5 steals helped Miami extend their winning streak to a NBA season-best 18 games.
Austin Chang is a Writer for Sports Out West and a San Francisco Bay Area-based sports journalist. His work can also be found on Yahoo! Sports and Rant Sports. Follow him on Twitter @_austinchang.
Latest posts by Austin Chang (see all)
- NFC West Week 4 roundup: 49ers dominate Rams, Seahawks win in overtime - September 30, 2013
- NFC West Week 3 roundup: Seahawks only bright spot in poor showing by division - September 23, 2013
- What will Trent Richardson do in Colts debut against 49ers? - September 22, 2013