- Pac-12 video preview: California Golden Bears at Washington Huskies
- Lakers sign center Robert Upshaw
- Raiders’ Charles Woodson, Derek Carr day-to-day with injuries
- Philip Rivers, Carlos Hyde earn NFL players of the week honors
- Golden State Warriors pursuing Steve Nash, per report
- Video preview: Utah State Aggies at Washington Huskies
- Seattle Seahawks top Las Vegas sportsbook as Super Bowl favorites
- Lions vs. Chargers: Philip Rivers, Melvin Gordon dealing with nerves, excitement
- Richard Sherman: Tom Brady, Patriots didn’t cheat
- Pac-12 preview: Oregon Ducks at Michigan State Spartans
49ers to host Chiefs free agent DT Glenn Dorsey
- Updated: March 12, 2013
The San Francisco 49ers will host Kansas City Chiefs free agent defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey, according to a report from ESPN’s Adam Schefter via Twitter.
Drafted by the Chiefs fifth overall in the 2008 NFL Draft, Dorsey was viewed to be the next great defensive tackle in Kansas City. Due to defensive scheme changes which forced him to become a 3-4 defensive end, he never lived up to his billing as a top draft selection.
Last season, Dorsey played in only four games and registered seven tackles and zero sacks. In past years, he had been healthy and played with the likes of Tyson Jackson and Dontari Poe. In five NFL seasons, he has recorded 238 total tackles, four sacks and one forced fumble.
With nose tackles Isaac Sopoaga and Ricky Jean Francois possibly heading elsewhere via free agency, Dorsey could help the 49ers fill that need. Also, with Justin Smith getting up there in age, he could turn out to be a long-term solution on the defensive line if coaches Jim Tomsula and Vic Fangio are able to help him become a better player.
Austin Chang is a Writer for Sports Out West and a San Francisco Bay Area-based sports journalist. His work can also be found on Yahoo! Sports and Rant Sports. Follow him on Twitter @_austinchang.
Latest posts by Austin Chang (see all)
- NFC West Week 4 roundup: 49ers dominate Rams, Seahawks win in overtime - September 30, 2013
- NFC West Week 3 roundup: Seahawks only bright spot in poor showing by division - September 23, 2013
- What will Trent Richardson do in Colts debut against 49ers? - September 22, 2013