- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
49ers to host Chiefs free agent DT Glenn Dorsey
- Updated: March 12, 2013
The San Francisco 49ers will host Kansas City Chiefs free agent defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey, according to a report from ESPN’s Adam Schefter via Twitter.
Drafted by the Chiefs fifth overall in the 2008 NFL Draft, Dorsey was viewed to be the next great defensive tackle in Kansas City. Due to defensive scheme changes which forced him to become a 3-4 defensive end, he never lived up to his billing as a top draft selection.
Last season, Dorsey played in only four games and registered seven tackles and zero sacks. In past years, he had been healthy and played with the likes of Tyson Jackson and Dontari Poe. In five NFL seasons, he has recorded 238 total tackles, four sacks and one forced fumble.
With nose tackles Isaac Sopoaga and Ricky Jean Francois possibly heading elsewhere via free agency, Dorsey could help the 49ers fill that need. Also, with Justin Smith getting up there in age, he could turn out to be a long-term solution on the defensive line if coaches Jim Tomsula and Vic Fangio are able to help him become a better player.
Austin Chang is a Writer for Sports Out West and a San Francisco Bay Area-based sports journalist. His work can also be found on Yahoo! Sports and Rant Sports. Follow him on Twitter @_austinchang.
Latest posts by Austin Chang (see all)
- NFC West Week 4 roundup: 49ers dominate Rams, Seahawks win in overtime - September 30, 2013
- NFC West Week 3 roundup: Seahawks only bright spot in poor showing by division - September 23, 2013
- What will Trent Richardson do in Colts debut against 49ers? - September 22, 2013