- Patrick Peterson ‘having fun’ with Richard Sherman feud
- Raiders training camp 2014: line of scrimmage a focus
- Raiders training camp 2014: Dennis Allen in ‘love’ with his quarterbacks
- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
49ers news: DT Ian Wiliams inks 2-year extension
- Updated: March 12, 2013
The contract is valued at $3.2 million and will include a $1 million signing bonus. Williams, a 6 ft. 2, 305-pound former University of Notre Dame star, started three games in 2012 and finished the season with three tackles in limited action behind incumbents Justin Smith and Ray McDonald. San Francisco’s defense finished No. 2 in the NFL in points allowed and has talent at every position.
Williams will likely compete for a primary backup role behind MacDonald and Smith as he continues to work toward a chance at gaining a more prominent role on the team’s talent-filled roster. The Niners made a splash on both sides of the ball on Tuesday as they also acquired wide receiver Anquan Boldin from the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for a sixth-round draft pick in 2013.
Also on Monday, Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Percy Harvin was traded to the rival Seattle Seahawks when it was believed that the dynamic playmaker was on the radar of the 49ers.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Patrick Peterson ‘having fun’ with Richard Sherman feud - July 31, 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report - July 25, 2014
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres - July 19, 2014