- Julius Randle injury: Lakers rookie suffers broken leg in 1st NBA game
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
- Sharks finally finish Kings in season opener, 4-0
- Lakers training camp 2014: Has Wesley Johnson found his niche?
49ers news: DT Ian Wiliams inks 2-year extension
- Updated: March 12, 2013
The contract is valued at $3.2 million and will include a $1 million signing bonus. Williams, a 6 ft. 2, 305-pound former University of Notre Dame star, started three games in 2012 and finished the season with three tackles in limited action behind incumbents Justin Smith and Ray McDonald. San Francisco’s defense finished No. 2 in the NFL in points allowed and has talent at every position.
Williams will likely compete for a primary backup role behind MacDonald and Smith as he continues to work toward a chance at gaining a more prominent role on the team’s talent-filled roster. The Niners made a splash on both sides of the ball on Tuesday as they also acquired wide receiver Anquan Boldin from the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for a sixth-round draft pick in 2013.
Also on Monday, Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Percy Harvin was traded to the rival Seattle Seahawks when it was believed that the dynamic playmaker was on the radar of the 49ers.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- 3 MMA podcasts you should be listening to - October 30, 2014
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report - October 17, 2014
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador - October 11, 2014