- Seattle Seahawks jerseys top NFLshop.com sales
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres
- NBA Summer League 2014: Julius Randle, Jordan Clarkson lead Lakers past Nuggets, 83-77
- Joe Torre on Hall of Fame: ‘Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity’
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million
- Steve Kerr impresses at NBA Summer League, despite record
- British Open 2014: Tiger Woods fires 69, sits 3 shots back after Round 1
- The Sacramento Kings’ veteran crisis
- NBA Summer League tournament beginning to take shape
- 5 NBA Summer League players who could earn rotation spots
Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks, not 49ers acquire WR
- Updated: March 11, 2013
Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Percy Harvin is headed to the Seattle Seahawks in exchange for a 2013 first-round draft choice.
Sources told Fox Sports’ Jay Glazer that the deal has yet to be finalized but has been agreed upon in principal. It also hinges upon Harvin agreeing to terms on a new contract that would keep him in Seattle long-term as his rookie contract is set to expire at the end of 2013.
The trade reunites Harvin with Darrell Bevell, who coached the dynamic playmaker during his rookie season in Minnesota.
Harvin is a dual-threat kick returner and receiver who has game-breaking speed and ability to change games when in open space. The Vikings were not expected to give him an extension in the realm of what he was looking for and were expected to part ways eventually. There was speculation that the San Francisco 49ers could be in line to make a move for him given the fact that they have 15 picks in the upcoming draft, but the move to Seattle makes just as much sense.
The Seahawks have a need for a dynamic playmaker on the outside like Harvin after current No. 1 receiver Sidney Rice has had a sting in the Pacific Northwest marred by nagging injuries. Harvin gives second-year quarterback Russell Wilson another viable target and will likely see plenty of action as head coach Pete Carroll opens up the playbook for him.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres - July 19, 2014
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million - July 18, 2014
- British Open 2014: Tiger Woods fires 69, sits 3 shots back after Round 1 - July 17, 2014