- USC football news: Trojans set to face Fresno State in Las Vegas Bowl
- NFC West Week 14 roundup: Frank Gore rescues 49ers, Cardinals beat up Rams
- Kobe Bryant’s return: Lakers slow start leads to 106-94 loss vs. Raptors
- Lakers: Patience is key with Kobe Bryant
- Rudy Gay traded to Sacramento Kings in exchange for Patrick Patterson, 3 others
- Lakers: Immediate expectations for Kobe Bryant
- Kobe Bryant return: Lakers star to debut Sunday vs. Raptors
- Robinson Cano, Mariners agree to 10-year, $240M deal after Jay-Z gets in the way
- Trail Blazers: ‘Rip City’ is a legitimate Western Conference threat
- Seahawks vs. 49ers preview: Seattle can clinch NFC West with season sweep of division rival
Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks, not 49ers acquire WR
- Updated: March 11, 2013
Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Percy Harvin is headed to the Seattle Seahawks in exchange for a 2013 first-round draft choice.
Sources told Fox Sports’ Jay Glazer that the deal has yet to be finalized but has been agreed upon in principal. It also hinges upon Harvin agreeing to terms on a new contract that would keep him in Seattle long-term as his rookie contract is set to expire at the end of 2013.
The trade reunites Harvin with Darrell Bevell, who coached the dynamic playmaker during his rookie season in Minnesota.
Harvin is a dual-threat kick returner and receiver who has game-breaking speed and ability to change games when in open space. The Vikings were not expected to give him an extension in the realm of what he was looking for and were expected to part ways eventually. There was speculation that the San Francisco 49ers could be in line to make a move for him given the fact that they have 15 picks in the upcoming draft, but the move to Seattle makes just as much sense.
The Seahawks have a need for a dynamic playmaker on the outside like Harvin after current No. 1 receiver Sidney Rice has had a sting in the Pacific Northwest marred by nagging injuries. Harvin gives second-year quarterback Russell Wilson another viable target and will likely see plenty of action as head coach Pete Carroll opens up the playbook for him.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- USC football news: Trojans set to face Fresno State in Las Vegas Bowl - December 9, 2013
- NFC West Week 14 roundup: Frank Gore rescues 49ers, Cardinals beat up Rams - December 9, 2013
- Rudy Gay traded to Sacramento Kings in exchange for Patrick Patterson, 3 others - December 8, 2013