- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks, not 49ers acquire WR
- Updated: March 11, 2013
Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Percy Harvin is headed to the Seattle Seahawks in exchange for a 2013 first-round draft choice.
Sources told Fox Sports’ Jay Glazer that the deal has yet to be finalized but has been agreed upon in principal. It also hinges upon Harvin agreeing to terms on a new contract that would keep him in Seattle long-term as his rookie contract is set to expire at the end of 2013.
The trade reunites Harvin with Darrell Bevell, who coached the dynamic playmaker during his rookie season in Minnesota.
Harvin is a dual-threat kick returner and receiver who has game-breaking speed and ability to change games when in open space. The Vikings were not expected to give him an extension in the realm of what he was looking for and were expected to part ways eventually. There was speculation that the San Francisco 49ers could be in line to make a move for him given the fact that they have 15 picks in the upcoming draft, but the move to Seattle makes just as much sense.
The Seahawks have a need for a dynamic playmaker on the outside like Harvin after current No. 1 receiver Sidney Rice has had a sting in the Pacific Northwest marred by nagging injuries. Harvin gives second-year quarterback Russell Wilson another viable target and will likely see plenty of action as head coach Pete Carroll opens up the playbook for him.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks - December 12, 2014
- VIDEO: Russell Wilson makes Fletcher Cox look silly on quarterback scramble - December 7, 2014
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70 - December 5, 2014