- Los Angeles Clippers Media Day 2014: ‘This is our time’
- Jaguars vs. Chargers, Week 4: Bolts win third straight, 33-14
- 4 things learned about the NFC West
- Pac-12 Las Vegas Outlook: Week 4
- Ben McLemore relaxed after lost rookie year
- Giants playoff tickets 209 percent above season average
- Angels playoff tickets up 257 percent from season average
- Marcus Mariota and the way-too-early Heisman watch
- Chargers news: Donald Brown ready to lead Bolts’ backfield
- Are NFL teams mishandling quarterbacks in 2014?
DeAndre Jordan’s dunk of the century over Pistons guard Brandon Knight (video)
- Updated: March 11, 2013
There was so much to this dunk, that it’s difficult to focus on one aspect. Even writing about it is a challenge.
DeAndre Jordan, the Los Angeles Clippers’ high-flying big man went next level with what could potentially be the dunk of the century when he gave Brandon Knight his personal Kodak moment — and that’s not just empty hyperbole. When Blake Griffin says he’s never seen anything like that before in a game like he did after the game, then that’s getting into special territory.
Throwing the lob was none other than point guard Chris Paul, who has been a master orchestrator in Lob City. But this isn’t Lob City anymore — it needs a new name. Jordan’s dunk was that good. Maybe “State of Lob”? “Lob Nation”?
Whatever it is, Jordan is the mayor, governor or president after this one.
I’ve always thought the biggest determining factor of whether or not a dunk is worthy of praise are the reactions by other players who are capable (or close to) of doing the same thing. To be fair, there probably are less than one percent of the NBA’s population that could even attempt what you’re going to see below, but it’s still a good barometer.
Griffin’s reaction was great, but Knight’s own teammate, Greg Monroe‘s reaction was priceless. Almost like he was embarrassed for him. The biggest question is why would Knight, a 6-3 guard try to jump with a beast like Jordan? No one will ever know, but thankfully for all of us, it produced this:
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Padres fall to Rockies, 3-2 despite testing Jorge De La Rosa - September 23, 2014
- Bud Black on Padres long-term success: ‘It’s more personal’ - September 23, 2014
- 49ers, Cardinals fans brawl in Glendale: How San Francisco lost twice - September 23, 2014