- NFL quote roundup, Week 15: No team in LA for 2015 season
- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
DeAndre Jordan’s dunk of the century over Pistons guard Brandon Knight (video)
- Updated: March 11, 2013
There was so much to this dunk, that it’s difficult to focus on one aspect. Even writing about it is a challenge.
DeAndre Jordan, the Los Angeles Clippers’ high-flying big man went next level with what could potentially be the dunk of the century when he gave Brandon Knight his personal Kodak moment — and that’s not just empty hyperbole. When Blake Griffin says he’s never seen anything like that before in a game like he did after the game, then that’s getting into special territory.
Throwing the lob was none other than point guard Chris Paul, who has been a master orchestrator in Lob City. But this isn’t Lob City anymore — it needs a new name. Jordan’s dunk was that good. Maybe “State of Lob”? “Lob Nation”?
Whatever it is, Jordan is the mayor, governor or president after this one.
I’ve always thought the biggest determining factor of whether or not a dunk is worthy of praise are the reactions by other players who are capable (or close to) of doing the same thing. To be fair, there probably are less than one percent of the NBA’s population that could even attempt what you’re going to see below, but it’s still a good barometer.
Griffin’s reaction was great, but Knight’s own teammate, Greg Monroe‘s reaction was priceless. Almost like he was embarrassed for him. The biggest question is why would Knight, a 6-3 guard try to jump with a beast like Jordan? No one will ever know, but thankfully for all of us, it produced this:
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank - December 20, 2014
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks - December 12, 2014
- VIDEO: Russell Wilson makes Fletcher Cox look silly on quarterback scramble - December 7, 2014