- UPDATE: Odell Beckham Jr. wins Madden Cover
- NFL defense contracts tell sad tale of greed
- Clippers dominate 3rd quarter, beat Rockets, 128-95
- Lakers should hold off on max offer sheet to Jimmy Butler
- NFL Draft 2015: Rumors swirl as Day 1 nears
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’
- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
DeAndre Jordan’s dunk of the century over Pistons guard Brandon Knight (video)
- Updated: March 11, 2013
There was so much to this dunk, that it’s difficult to focus on one aspect. Even writing about it is a challenge.
DeAndre Jordan, the Los Angeles Clippers’ high-flying big man went next level with what could potentially be the dunk of the century when he gave Brandon Knight his personal Kodak moment — and that’s not just empty hyperbole. When Blake Griffin says he’s never seen anything like that before in a game like he did after the game, then that’s getting into special territory.
Throwing the lob was none other than point guard Chris Paul, who has been a master orchestrator in Lob City. But this isn’t Lob City anymore — it needs a new name. Jordan’s dunk was that good. Maybe “State of Lob”? “Lob Nation”?
Whatever it is, Jordan is the mayor, governor or president after this one.
I’ve always thought the biggest determining factor of whether or not a dunk is worthy of praise are the reactions by other players who are capable (or close to) of doing the same thing. To be fair, there probably are less than one percent of the NBA’s population that could even attempt what you’re going to see below, but it’s still a good barometer.
Griffin’s reaction was great, but Knight’s own teammate, Greg Monroe‘s reaction was priceless. Almost like he was embarrassed for him. The biggest question is why would Knight, a 6-3 guard try to jump with a beast like Jordan? No one will ever know, but thankfully for all of us, it produced this:
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’ - April 27, 2015
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues - March 17, 2015
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament - March 14, 2015