- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’
- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
- Metta World Peace expressed interest in St. John’s head coaching job
- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
Anquan Boldin traded to San Francisco 49ers
- Updated: March 11, 2013
In the arms war that has become the NFC West, the San Francisco 49ers responded to the Seattle Seahawks and have traded for Anquan Boldin.
The Seahawks launched the first shot by acquiring Percy Harvin earlier in the day. The trade will reportedly send Boldin to the 49ers, while the Baltimore Ravens receive a sixth-round draft pick according to Pro Football Talk.
Boldin was scheduled to make $6 million this season, but the Ravens needed to cut salary due to Joe Flacco’s new contract and to resign some of their younger players. Boldin came on strong during the playoffs catching 22 passes and scoring four touchdowns. He was critical to the Ravens’ Super Bowl run.
For the 49ers, this gives them a veteran receiver to pair with Michael Crabtree. They give up almost nothing and get a starting-caliber wide receiver. For the Ravens, Boldin’s departure leaves a huge void. Tandon Doss, Tommy Streeter, and Deonte Thompson are not in Boldin’s class.
It will be very interesting to see who moves next in this battle of NFC West supremacy.
Latest posts by Keenan Actkins (see all)
- Baltimore Riots: Bigger Than Sports! - April 28, 2015
- NFL schedule release 2015: Top 5 primetime games - April 22, 2015
- NFL offseason 2015: Five players who must shine In minicamp - April 21, 2015