- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
- Sharks close trip with uninspired loss 4-1 loss to Sabres
- Chargers notes: Seyi Ajirotutu fined, Ryan Mathews and Manti Te’O to return after bye
- Clippers’ concerns revolve around defense and rebounding
- Do the 49ers have an identity crisis?
- Marcus Lattimore injury: 49ers running back has bigger issue
- Klay Thompson signs 4-year, $70 million extension with Warriors
- VIDEO: Steve Ballmer scares his son with enthusiasm after Clippers’ win
- Russell Westbrook injury: Thunder guard exits game vs. Clippers, won’t return
- Chargers news: Bolts acknowledge importance of Miami game
Anquan Boldin traded to San Francisco 49ers
- Updated: March 11, 2013
In the arms war that has become the NFC West, the San Francisco 49ers responded to the Seattle Seahawks and have traded for Anquan Boldin.
The Seahawks launched the first shot by acquiring Percy Harvin earlier in the day. The trade will reportedly send Boldin to the 49ers, while the Baltimore Ravens receive a sixth-round draft pick according to Pro Football Talk.
Boldin was scheduled to make $6 million this season, but the Ravens needed to cut salary due to Joe Flacco’s new contract and to resign some of their younger players. Boldin came on strong during the playoffs catching 22 passes and scoring four touchdowns. He was critical to the Ravens’ Super Bowl run.
For the 49ers, this gives them a veteran receiver to pair with Michael Crabtree. They give up almost nothing and get a starting-caliber wide receiver. For the Ravens, Boldin’s departure leaves a huge void. Tandon Doss, Tommy Streeter, and Deonte Thompson are not in Boldin’s class.
It will be very interesting to see who moves next in this battle of NFC West supremacy.