- Kobe Bryant return: Lakers star to debut Sunday vs. Raptors
- Robinson Cano, Mariners agree to 10-year, $240M deal after Jay-Z gets in the way
- Trail Blazers: ‘Rip City’ is a legitimate Western Conference threat
- Seahawks vs. 49ers preview: Seattle can clinch NFC West with season sweep of division rival
- Kobe Bryant injury update: Lakers G ‘days’ away from returning
- Why Brent Burns is the key to success in San Jose
- Kobe Bryant injury update: Lakers G rules himself for Friday’s game
- Lakers News: Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash practice again
- Los Angeles Clippers’ bench needs to step up in place of J.J. Redick
- Dodgers close to re-signing Brian Wilson
Anquan Boldin traded to San Francisco 49ers
- Updated: March 11, 2013
In the arms war that has become the NFC West, the San Francisco 49ers responded to the Seattle Seahawks and have traded for Anquan Boldin.
The Seahawks launched the first shot by acquiring Percy Harvin earlier in the day. The trade will reportedly send Boldin to the 49ers, while the Baltimore Ravens receive a sixth-round draft pick according to Pro Football Talk.
Boldin was scheduled to make $6 million this season, but the Ravens needed to cut salary due to Joe Flacco’s new contract and to resign some of their younger players. Boldin came on strong during the playoffs catching 22 passes and scoring four touchdowns. He was critical to the Ravens’ Super Bowl run.
For the 49ers, this gives them a veteran receiver to pair with Michael Crabtree. They give up almost nothing and get a starting-caliber wide receiver. For the Ravens, Boldin’s departure leaves a huge void. Tandon Doss, Tommy Streeter, and Deonte Thompson are not in Boldin’s class.
It will be very interesting to see who moves next in this battle of NFC West supremacy.
Latest posts by Keenan Actkins (see all)
- Chargers vs. Giants preview: Key matchups - December 4, 2013
- AFC West Roundup: Eric Decker dominates, Chargers come up short - December 2, 2013
- Chargers vs. Bengals preview: Key matchups set to determine outcome - November 27, 2013