- Angels midseason grades: Turmoil overshadows reasonable start
- Greg Monroe to visit with Lakers, Blazers during free agency
- Matt Kemp hitting leadoff as Padres shake things up vs. Giants
- Padres promote Pat Murphy for remainder of the season
- Clippers acquire Lance Stephenson for Matt Barnes, Spencer Hawes
- Bud Black fired by Padres after nine seasons
- 3 takeaways from Seattle Seahawks OTAs
- Stephen Curry goes cold as Warriors fall to Cavs in OT, 95-93
- San Diego State, USD agree to basketball game at Petco Park, add four years to contract
- LeBron James’ 44 not enough as Warriors top Cavs in OT, 108-100
Anquan Boldin traded to San Francisco 49ers
- Updated: March 11, 2013
In the arms war that has become the NFC West, the San Francisco 49ers responded to the Seattle Seahawks and have traded for Anquan Boldin.
The Seahawks launched the first shot by acquiring Percy Harvin earlier in the day. The trade will reportedly send Boldin to the 49ers, while the Baltimore Ravens receive a sixth-round draft pick according to Pro Football Talk.
Boldin was scheduled to make $6 million this season, but the Ravens needed to cut salary due to Joe Flacco’s new contract and to resign some of their younger players. Boldin came on strong during the playoffs catching 22 passes and scoring four touchdowns. He was critical to the Ravens’ Super Bowl run.
For the 49ers, this gives them a veteran receiver to pair with Michael Crabtree. They give up almost nothing and get a starting-caliber wide receiver. For the Ravens, Boldin’s departure leaves a huge void. Tandon Doss, Tommy Streeter, and Deonte Thompson are not in Boldin’s class.
It will be very interesting to see who moves next in this battle of NFC West supremacy.