- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
Dwight Howard, Andrew Bynum, still on Rockets’ radar
- Updated: March 10, 2013
Houston is looking for a star big man to pair with guard James Harden, who has had his best season to date in the Lone Star State. They acquired rookie Thomas Robinson in a deadline deal from the SacramentoKings, but he’ll likely take some time to develop. The Rockets are looking to build a team ready to compete right away, and they are willing to exhaust any feasible option to do so.
And then there’s Andrew Bynum, who tends to be the antithesis to reason more often than not. Despite the fact that he has yet to suit up for his new team and is still dealing with chronic knee issues that have plagued him throughout his young career, the Rockets have not ruled out trying to sign him when he hits the market this offseason.
If Bynum is a no-go, then Atlanta Hawks versatile big man Josh Howard is another option.
Clearly, the Rockets are going to make some moves this summer, and it’s only a matter of seeing if their desires can align with their opportunities. Meanwhile, the Lakers will hope that Howard sticks around in Hollywood — lured in by the prestige of the franchise, opportunity to be a No. 1 player and live in The Entertainment Capital of the World.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks - December 12, 2014
- VIDEO: Russell Wilson makes Fletcher Cox look silly on quarterback scramble - December 7, 2014
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70 - December 5, 2014