- Oakland Athletics ace Scott Kazmir headed to Houston
- Antonio Gates suspension: A look at Chargers tight ends who must step up
- Angels midseason grades: Turmoil overshadows reasonable start
- Greg Monroe to visit with Lakers, Blazers during free agency
- Matt Kemp hitting leadoff as Padres shake things up vs. Giants
- Padres promote Pat Murphy for remainder of the season
- Clippers acquire Lance Stephenson for Matt Barnes, Spencer Hawes
- Bud Black fired by Padres after nine seasons
- 3 takeaways from Seattle Seahawks OTAs
- Stephen Curry goes cold as Warriors fall to Cavs in OT, 95-93
Dwight Howard, Andrew Bynum, still on Rockets’ radar
- Updated: March 10, 2013
Houston is looking for a star big man to pair with guard James Harden, who has had his best season to date in the Lone Star State. They acquired rookie Thomas Robinson in a deadline deal from the SacramentoKings, but he’ll likely take some time to develop. The Rockets are looking to build a team ready to compete right away, and they are willing to exhaust any feasible option to do so.
And then there’s Andrew Bynum, who tends to be the antithesis to reason more often than not. Despite the fact that he has yet to suit up for his new team and is still dealing with chronic knee issues that have plagued him throughout his young career, the Rockets have not ruled out trying to sign him when he hits the market this offseason.
If Bynum is a no-go, then Atlanta Hawks versatile big man Josh Howard is another option.
Clearly, the Rockets are going to make some moves this summer, and it’s only a matter of seeing if their desires can align with their opportunities. Meanwhile, the Lakers will hope that Howard sticks around in Hollywood — lured in by the prestige of the franchise, opportunity to be a No. 1 player and live in The Entertainment Capital of the World.