- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
- Sharks finally finish Kings in season opener, 4-0
- Lakers training camp 2014: Has Wesley Johnson found his niche?
- NFL Quotes Roundup, Week 5: Reggie Wayne acknowledges age, RGIII makes progress
Dwight Howard, Andrew Bynum, still on Rockets’ radar
- Updated: March 10, 2013
Houston is looking for a star big man to pair with guard James Harden, who has had his best season to date in the Lone Star State. They acquired rookie Thomas Robinson in a deadline deal from the SacramentoKings, but he’ll likely take some time to develop. The Rockets are looking to build a team ready to compete right away, and they are willing to exhaust any feasible option to do so.
And then there’s Andrew Bynum, who tends to be the antithesis to reason more often than not. Despite the fact that he has yet to suit up for his new team and is still dealing with chronic knee issues that have plagued him throughout his young career, the Rockets have not ruled out trying to sign him when he hits the market this offseason.
If Bynum is a no-go, then Atlanta Hawks versatile big man Josh Howard is another option.
Clearly, the Rockets are going to make some moves this summer, and it’s only a matter of seeing if their desires can align with their opportunities. Meanwhile, the Lakers will hope that Howard sticks around in Hollywood — lured in by the prestige of the franchise, opportunity to be a No. 1 player and live in The Entertainment Capital of the World.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report - October 17, 2014
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador - October 11, 2014
- Padres fall to Rockies, 3-2 despite testing Jorge De La Rosa - September 23, 2014