- Chargers vs. Seahawks: 3 things we learned in the Bolts’ 30-21 win
- NFL season 2014: Top 5 surprises of Week 2
- NFL mishandles Ray Rice situation
- Chargers vs. Cardinals, NFL Week 1 preview: Bolts have early road test on MNF stage
- Eric Weddle on 2014 Chargers: ‘We can beat anybody’
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
Dwight Howard, Andrew Bynum, still on Rockets’ radar
- Updated: March 10, 2013
Houston is looking for a star big man to pair with guard James Harden, who has had his best season to date in the Lone Star State. They acquired rookie Thomas Robinson in a deadline deal from the SacramentoKings, but he’ll likely take some time to develop. The Rockets are looking to build a team ready to compete right away, and they are willing to exhaust any feasible option to do so.
And then there’s Andrew Bynum, who tends to be the antithesis to reason more often than not. Despite the fact that he has yet to suit up for his new team and is still dealing with chronic knee issues that have plagued him throughout his young career, the Rockets have not ruled out trying to sign him when he hits the market this offseason.
If Bynum is a no-go, then Atlanta Hawks versatile big man Josh Howard is another option.
Clearly, the Rockets are going to make some moves this summer, and it’s only a matter of seeing if their desires can align with their opportunities. Meanwhile, the Lakers will hope that Howard sticks around in Hollywood — lured in by the prestige of the franchise, opportunity to be a No. 1 player and live in The Entertainment Capital of the World.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report - August 31, 2014
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014