- NHL playoffs 2014 preview: Stanley Cup roundtable and predictions
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 15: 49ers’ Aldon Smith arrested, Josh Hamilton out for two months
- NFL Draft 2014: Whose stock is rising and falling?
- Lakers lose 7th straight in home finale blowout vs. Grizzlies, 102-90
- Sacramento Kings look ahead in win vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Are stalled contract talks weighing down Pablo Sandoval?
- Los Angeles Lakers: 5 players L.A. needs to keep in 2014-15
- NHL Playoffs 2014: 3 dark horse Western Conference squads with a shot at the Stanley Cup
Dwight Howard, Andrew Bynum, still on Rockets’ radar
- Updated: March 10, 2013
Houston is looking for a star big man to pair with guard James Harden, who has had his best season to date in the Lone Star State. They acquired rookie Thomas Robinson in a deadline deal from the SacramentoKings, but he’ll likely take some time to develop. The Rockets are looking to build a team ready to compete right away, and they are willing to exhaust any feasible option to do so.
And then there’s Andrew Bynum, who tends to be the antithesis to reason more often than not. Despite the fact that he has yet to suit up for his new team and is still dealing with chronic knee issues that have plagued him throughout his young career, the Rockets have not ruled out trying to sign him when he hits the market this offseason.
If Bynum is a no-go, then Atlanta Hawks versatile big man Josh Howard is another option.
Clearly, the Rockets are going to make some moves this summer, and it’s only a matter of seeing if their desires can align with their opportunities. Meanwhile, the Lakers will hope that Howard sticks around in Hollywood — lured in by the prestige of the franchise, opportunity to be a No. 1 player and live in The Entertainment Capital of the World.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding - April 16, 2014
- Michael Cuddyer injury: Rockies OF exits with hurt right elbow - April 14, 2014
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale - April 14, 2014