- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
San Diego Chargers re-sign kicker Nick Novak to $6.6 million deal
- Updated: March 9, 2013
The deal comes with a $1.5 million signing bonus and will have a $1.125 million cap number for the 2013 season. With this move, the Chargers’ special teams kicker-punter unit of Novak and Mike Scifres is now set for the foreseeable future.
This contract, assuming he last the duration of the deal, would make Novak the Chargers kicker through 2016. Novak, 31, made 18 of his 20 field goal attempts last season. The only field goals he did miss were from beyond 50 yards away.
During the 2012 preseason, Novak competed for and lost the kicker job to incumbent Nate Kaeding. After being released on August 31, he was re-signed on September 29 after Kaeding suffered a groin injury. He officially became the permanent kicker once Kaeding was released from his contract on October 30.
Latest posts by Austin Chang (see all)
- NFC West Week 4 roundup: 49ers dominate Rams, Seahawks win in overtime - September 30, 2013
- NFC West Week 3 roundup: Seahawks only bright spot in poor showing by division - September 23, 2013
- What will Trent Richardson do in Colts debut against 49ers? - September 22, 2013