- Lakers news: Steve Blake to miss at least six weeks with elbow injury
- Stale Sacramento Kings fail versus Utah Jazz 122-101
- Mark Trumbo trade: Did Jerry Dipoto make the right move?
- Lakers news: Kobe Bryant’s return adds unique challenges for teammates
- Clippers news: Stephen Jackson signs with L.A.
- Sacramento Kings trade exports won’t be simple to replace
- Lakers: Kobe Bryant’s improvement encouraging
- Kobe Bryant improves, but Lakers fall 114-108 to Suns
- Chargers vs. Broncos preview: Philip Rivers needs big day for Bolts upset
- Los Angeles Angels news: Halos acquire Tyler Skaggs and Hector Santiago in three-team deal
San Diego Chargers re-sign kicker Nick Novak to $6.6 million deal
- Updated: March 9, 2013
The deal comes with a $1.5 million signing bonus and will have a $1.125 million cap number for the 2013 season. With this move, the Chargers’ special teams kicker-punter unit of Novak and Mike Scifres is now set for the foreseeable future.
This contract, assuming he last the duration of the deal, would make Novak the Chargers kicker through 2016. Novak, 31, made 18 of his 20 field goal attempts last season. The only field goals he did miss were from beyond 50 yards away.
During the 2012 preseason, Novak competed for and lost the kicker job to incumbent Nate Kaeding. After being released on August 31, he was re-signed on September 29 after Kaeding suffered a groin injury. He officially became the permanent kicker once Kaeding was released from his contract on October 30.
Latest posts by Austin Chang (see all)
- NFC West Week 4 roundup: 49ers dominate Rams, Seahawks win in overtime - September 30, 2013
- NFC West Week 3 roundup: Seahawks only bright spot in poor showing by division - September 23, 2013
- What will Trent Richardson do in Colts debut against 49ers? - September 22, 2013