- UPDATE: Odell Beckham Jr. wins Madden Cover
- NFL defense contracts tell sad tale of greed
- Clippers dominate 3rd quarter, beat Rockets, 128-95
- Lakers should hold off on max offer sheet to Jimmy Butler
- NFL Draft 2015: Rumors swirl as Day 1 nears
- Josh Hamilton trade: Angels GM says moving on was in team’s ‘best interest’
- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
49ers interested in Browns WR Josh Cribbs
- Updated: March 9, 2013
The San Francisco 49ers are one of five teams interested in Cleveland Browns free agent Josh Cribbs, according to Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
Along with the New York Giants, New England Patriots, Dallas Cowboys and Arizona Cardinals, the 49ers are eyeing the wide receiver and return man. A dynamic playmaker often overlooked on bad Browns teams, Cribbs is a two-time Pro Bowler who could be a big acquisition for a 49ers roster possibly losing returner Ted Ginn Jr.
The 49ers also have little depth at the wide receiver position outside of Michael Crabtree, as both Mario Manningham and Kyle Williams are returning from ACL injuries. Earlier this week, Randy Moss essentially announced on Twitter that he would not return to the team.
A member of the Browns for his entire eight-year NFL career, Cribbs has accumulated 753 rushing yards, 1,161 receiving yards, and nine touchdowns on offense. Known more for his abilities on special teams as a kick and punt returner, he has recorded over 10,000 kick return yards and over 2,000 punt return yards in his career. His eight career kick returns for touchdowns make him tied with Leon Washington for the most in NFL history.
Austin Chang is a Writer for Sports Out West and a San Francisco Bay Area-based sports journalist. His work can also be found on Yahoo! Sports and Rant Sports. Follow him on Twitter @_austinchang.
Latest posts by Austin Chang (see all)
- NFC West Week 4 roundup: 49ers dominate Rams, Seahawks win in overtime - September 30, 2013
- NFC West Week 3 roundup: Seahawks only bright spot in poor showing by division - September 23, 2013
- What will Trent Richardson do in Colts debut against 49ers? - September 22, 2013