- Raiders’ veteran imports hungry for respect
- Chris Paul injury: Clippers’ guard slowed by hamstring in practice
- Richard Sherman, Seahawks nearing contract extension, per report
- San Francisco Giants’ offense suddenly stalled
- 2014 NBA playoffs roundtable and predictions
- NHL playoffs 2014 preview: Stanley Cup roundtable and predictions
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 15: 49ers’ Aldon Smith arrested, Josh Hamilton out for two months
- NFL Draft 2014: Whose stock is rising and falling?
Warriors award Malcolm Thomas 10-day contract
- Updated: March 8, 2013
Thomas will give the Warriors much-needed depth in the frontcourt as Brandon Rush suffered a season-ending tear of his ACL early in the year, while Andrew Bogut continues to be a walking infirmary nursing ankle and back ailments. Thomas is a versatile big man with good length who is willing to do the dirty work and will shoot at a high percentage. His biggest asset will be shot-blocking, where he can help to rectify some of the team’s deficiencies in that area as they make a run for the playoffs.
He’s coming fresh off a pro basketball stint overseas, so he’s in shape and ready to go since playing with Maccabi Tel Aviv last season. He was with the Los Angeles D-Fenders before getting the call to join Golden State. Thomas was drafted by the San Antonio Spurs. In one D-league game this season on March 6, Thomas notched a double-double with 13 points and 17 rebounds.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Chris Paul injury: Clippers’ guard slowed by hamstring in practice - April 22, 2014
- Richard Sherman, Seahawks nearing contract extension, per report - April 22, 2014
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding - April 16, 2014