- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
Warriors award Malcolm Thomas 10-day contract
- Updated: March 8, 2013
Thomas will give the Warriors much-needed depth in the frontcourt as Brandon Rush suffered a season-ending tear of his ACL early in the year, while Andrew Bogut continues to be a walking infirmary nursing ankle and back ailments. Thomas is a versatile big man with good length who is willing to do the dirty work and will shoot at a high percentage. His biggest asset will be shot-blocking, where he can help to rectify some of the team’s deficiencies in that area as they make a run for the playoffs.
He’s coming fresh off a pro basketball stint overseas, so he’s in shape and ready to go since playing with Maccabi Tel Aviv last season. He was with the Los Angeles D-Fenders before getting the call to join Golden State. Thomas was drafted by the San Antonio Spurs. In one D-league game this season on March 6, Thomas notched a double-double with 13 points and 17 rebounds.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks - December 12, 2014
- VIDEO: Russell Wilson makes Fletcher Cox look silly on quarterback scramble - December 7, 2014
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70 - December 5, 2014