- Angels midseason grades: Turmoil overshadows reasonable start
- Greg Monroe to visit with Lakers, Blazers during free agency
- Matt Kemp hitting leadoff as Padres shake things up vs. Giants
- Padres promote Pat Murphy for remainder of the season
- Clippers acquire Lance Stephenson for Matt Barnes, Spencer Hawes
- Bud Black fired by Padres after nine seasons
- 3 takeaways from Seattle Seahawks OTAs
- Stephen Curry goes cold as Warriors fall to Cavs in OT, 95-93
- San Diego State, USD agree to basketball game at Petco Park, add four years to contract
- LeBron James’ 44 not enough as Warriors top Cavs in OT, 108-100
Warriors award Malcolm Thomas 10-day contract
- Updated: March 8, 2013
Thomas will give the Warriors much-needed depth in the frontcourt as Brandon Rush suffered a season-ending tear of his ACL early in the year, while Andrew Bogut continues to be a walking infirmary nursing ankle and back ailments. Thomas is a versatile big man with good length who is willing to do the dirty work and will shoot at a high percentage. His biggest asset will be shot-blocking, where he can help to rectify some of the team’s deficiencies in that area as they make a run for the playoffs.
He’s coming fresh off a pro basketball stint overseas, so he’s in shape and ready to go since playing with Maccabi Tel Aviv last season. He was with the Los Angeles D-Fenders before getting the call to join Golden State. Thomas was drafted by the San Antonio Spurs. In one D-league game this season on March 6, Thomas notched a double-double with 13 points and 17 rebounds.