- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
- Metta World Peace expressed interest in St. John’s head coaching job
- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 100-98 loss to Rockets
Warriors award Malcolm Thomas 10-day contract
- Updated: March 8, 2013
Thomas will give the Warriors much-needed depth in the frontcourt as Brandon Rush suffered a season-ending tear of his ACL early in the year, while Andrew Bogut continues to be a walking infirmary nursing ankle and back ailments. Thomas is a versatile big man with good length who is willing to do the dirty work and will shoot at a high percentage. His biggest asset will be shot-blocking, where he can help to rectify some of the team’s deficiencies in that area as they make a run for the playoffs.
He’s coming fresh off a pro basketball stint overseas, so he’s in shape and ready to go since playing with Maccabi Tel Aviv last season. He was with the Los Angeles D-Fenders before getting the call to join Golden State. Thomas was drafted by the San Antonio Spurs. In one D-league game this season on March 6, Thomas notched a double-double with 13 points and 17 rebounds.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues - March 17, 2015
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament - March 14, 2015
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters - March 13, 2015