- Lakers: Immediate expectations for Kobe Bryant
- Kobe Bryant return: Lakers star to debut Sunday vs. Raptors
- Robinson Cano, Mariners agree to 10-year, $240M deal after Jay-Z gets in the way
- Trail Blazers: ‘Rip City’ is a legitimate Western Conference threat
- Seahawks vs. 49ers preview: Seattle can clinch NFC West with season sweep of division rival
- Kobe Bryant injury update: Lakers G ‘days’ away from returning
- Why Brent Burns is the key to success in San Jose
- Kobe Bryant injury update: Lakers G rules himself for Friday’s game
- Lakers News: Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash practice again
- Los Angeles Clippers’ bench needs to step up in place of J.J. Redick
NFL draft 2013: Desmond Trufant says 40 time fueled by doubters
- Updated: March 7, 2013
University of Washington star defensive back Desmond Trufant ran an impressive 4.38 40-yard dash time at the 2013 NFL scouting combine in February, and he said on Wednesday that he heard his doubters who said he couldn’t turn in such an impressive time.
“I heard people thought I couldn’t really run. I heard people saying I was a 4.5 or high 4.5 guy and that I was stiff and things like that, he told Mitch Levy of Seattle’s KJR.Those things have been natural to me my whole life, so I just knew once I got the opportunity, I was just going to open everybody’s eyes. I just used it to my advantage.”
Trufant also said he’s run faster times in the past, including a 4.33 while at the University of Washington at a school-run combine. The time at the NFL combine impressed scouts nonetheless and potentially could vault him into the first round.
The brother of NFL players Marcus Trufant and Isaiah Trufant, he has plenty of opportunity to learn the game first-hand and already exudes the confidence necessary to be a solid professional. He told NFL.com that he feels he’s the best cornerback in the draft, and that may not be a stretch. He started 45 consecutive games at Washington at one point in his career.
In four seasons with the Huskies from 2009-2012, Trufant totaled 151 solo tackles, three forced fumbles, five fumble recoveries and six interceptions in 50 career games.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Kobe Bryant return: Lakers star to debut Sunday vs. Raptors - December 6, 2013
- Robinson Cano, Mariners agree to 10-year, $240M deal after Jay-Z gets in the way - December 6, 2013
- Steve Sarkisian to USC: Looking at the former UW coach’s most ironic tweets - December 3, 2013