- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
NFL draft 2013: Desmond Trufant says 40 time fueled by doubters
- Updated: March 7, 2013
University of Washington star defensive back Desmond Trufant ran an impressive 4.38 40-yard dash time at the 2013 NFL scouting combine in February, and he said on Wednesday that he heard his doubters who said he couldn’t turn in such an impressive time.
“I heard people thought I couldn’t really run. I heard people saying I was a 4.5 or high 4.5 guy and that I was stiff and things like that, he told Mitch Levy of Seattle’s KJR.Those things have been natural to me my whole life, so I just knew once I got the opportunity, I was just going to open everybody’s eyes. I just used it to my advantage.”
Trufant also said he’s run faster times in the past, including a 4.33 while at the University of Washington at a school-run combine. The time at the NFL combine impressed scouts nonetheless and potentially could vault him into the first round.
The brother of NFL players Marcus Trufant and Isaiah Trufant, he has plenty of opportunity to learn the game first-hand and already exudes the confidence necessary to be a solid professional. He told NFL.com that he feels he’s the best cornerback in the draft, and that may not be a stretch. He started 45 consecutive games at Washington at one point in his career.
In four seasons with the Huskies from 2009-2012, Trufant totaled 151 solo tackles, three forced fumbles, five fumble recoveries and six interceptions in 50 career games.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank - December 20, 2014
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks - December 12, 2014
- VIDEO: Russell Wilson makes Fletcher Cox look silly on quarterback scramble - December 7, 2014