- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 100-98 loss to Rockets
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament
- MWC Championship 2015: Winston Shepard drops 16 to rout Colorado State in semifinal
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters
- Cowboys sign Darren McFadden for 2 years, $5.85 million
- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
Lakers vs. Thunder: Kobe Bryant would’ve ‘smacked’ Serge Ibaka for cheap shot
- Updated: March 5, 2013
When Oklahoma City Thunder big man Serge Ibaka gave Los Angeles Clippers forward Blake Griffin a cheap shot in the groin area, the reigning king of the slam dunk went down in a heap. If that had happened to Kobe Bryant, it would’ve played out differently.
“I probably would have smacked [Ibaka] in the mouth,” Bryant said to reporters after practice on Monday. “I would have dealt with the pain after.”
Bryant has shed his filter this season, and he’s been unusually candid with the media. His latest words make great fodder for what is already a major Western Conference showdown between two fierce rivals. The trouble for the Los Angeles Lakers, however, is that the matchups haven’t been much of a rivalry of late as Oklahoma City has gotten the best of the Lakers.
Chesapeake Energy Arena has been one of the toughest venues in the NBA to play in for opposing teams. The Thunder are 26-4 in their building this year, and the Lakers have lost their last five games in Oklahoma City, three of which have come in the playoffs last season.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues - March 17, 2015
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament - March 14, 2015
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters - March 13, 2015