- NFL quote roundup, Week 15: No team in LA for 2015 season
- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
Lakers vs. Thunder: Kobe Bryant would’ve ‘smacked’ Serge Ibaka for cheap shot
- Updated: March 5, 2013
When Oklahoma City Thunder big man Serge Ibaka gave Los Angeles Clippers forward Blake Griffin a cheap shot in the groin area, the reigning king of the slam dunk went down in a heap. If that had happened to Kobe Bryant, it would’ve played out differently.
“I probably would have smacked [Ibaka] in the mouth,” Bryant said to reporters after practice on Monday. “I would have dealt with the pain after.”
Bryant has shed his filter this season, and he’s been unusually candid with the media. His latest words make great fodder for what is already a major Western Conference showdown between two fierce rivals. The trouble for the Los Angeles Lakers, however, is that the matchups haven’t been much of a rivalry of late as Oklahoma City has gotten the best of the Lakers.
Chesapeake Energy Arena has been one of the toughest venues in the NBA to play in for opposing teams. The Thunder are 26-4 in their building this year, and the Lakers have lost their last five games in Oklahoma City, three of which have come in the playoffs last season.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank - December 20, 2014
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks - December 12, 2014
- VIDEO: Russell Wilson makes Fletcher Cox look silly on quarterback scramble - December 7, 2014