- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
- NFL Combine 2015: Top 5 Winners and Losers
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash
- Doc Rivers still recruiting Kendrick Perkins ‘hard,’ per report
- Brett Hundley impresses at NFL Combine with 4.63 40
- San Diego mayor on Chargers-Raiders proposal: ‘That’s not how you do business’
- Chargers, Raiders move forward with Los Angeles stadium proposal
- Seahawks GM seeks Marshawn Lynch contract resolution
- Oregon, head coach Mark Helfrich agree to 5-year, $17.5M extension
Lakers vs. Thunder: Kobe Bryant would’ve ‘smacked’ Serge Ibaka for cheap shot
- Updated: March 5, 2013
When Oklahoma City Thunder big man Serge Ibaka gave Los Angeles Clippers forward Blake Griffin a cheap shot in the groin area, the reigning king of the slam dunk went down in a heap. If that had happened to Kobe Bryant, it would’ve played out differently.
“I probably would have smacked [Ibaka] in the mouth,” Bryant said to reporters after practice on Monday. “I would have dealt with the pain after.”
Bryant has shed his filter this season, and he’s been unusually candid with the media. His latest words make great fodder for what is already a major Western Conference showdown between two fierce rivals. The trouble for the Los Angeles Lakers, however, is that the matchups haven’t been much of a rivalry of late as Oklahoma City has gotten the best of the Lakers.
Chesapeake Energy Arena has been one of the toughest venues in the NBA to play in for opposing teams. The Thunder are 26-4 in their building this year, and the Lakers have lost their last five games in Oklahoma City, three of which have come in the playoffs last season.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ - February 23, 2015
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League - February 21, 2015
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash - February 21, 2015