- Julius Randle injury: Lakers rookie suffers broken leg in 1st NBA game
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
- Sharks finally finish Kings in season opener, 4-0
- Lakers training camp 2014: Has Wesley Johnson found his niche?
NFL free agency 2013: Dashon Goldson wants $8 million per year
- Updated: March 4, 2013
San Francisco 49ers safety Dashon Goldson is entering the prime of his career as an anchor to one of the NFL’s best defenses, and according to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, he expects to be compensated as such to the tune of $8 million per season.
The 49ers will likely let Goldson hit the free agent market this offseason as they are not likely to tag him for the second straight year as their franchise player. Goldson has gone on record numerous times saying he does not want to be designated once again. The Niners consider Goldson a priority to re-sign, though it’s unclear at this point how much they’re willing to pay him and for how many years.
Goldson is seen as a player who could help a team that’s close to postseason glory get over the final hurdle to a Super Bowl win. The Niners will need him equally as badly as they try to defend their NFC Championship title and take the next step in winning the Super Bowl next season. The 28-year-old Southern California native is a primary reason the Niners have been successful at defending the pass in recent years, though their run defense has been their biggest calling card of late.
In 2012, his first All-Pro season, Goldson totaled three interceptions and two fumble recoveries and one forced fumble.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- 3 MMA podcasts you should be listening to - October 30, 2014
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report - October 17, 2014
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador - October 11, 2014