- Patrick Peterson ‘having fun’ with Richard Sherman feud
- Raiders training camp 2014: line of scrimmage a focus
- Raiders training camp 2014: Dennis Allen in ‘love’ with his quarterbacks
- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
NFL free agency 2013: Dashon Goldson wants $8 million per year
- Updated: March 4, 2013
San Francisco 49ers safety Dashon Goldson is entering the prime of his career as an anchor to one of the NFL’s best defenses, and according to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, he expects to be compensated as such to the tune of $8 million per season.
The 49ers will likely let Goldson hit the free agent market this offseason as they are not likely to tag him for the second straight year as their franchise player. Goldson has gone on record numerous times saying he does not want to be designated once again. The Niners consider Goldson a priority to re-sign, though it’s unclear at this point how much they’re willing to pay him and for how many years.
Goldson is seen as a player who could help a team that’s close to postseason glory get over the final hurdle to a Super Bowl win. The Niners will need him equally as badly as they try to defend their NFC Championship title and take the next step in winning the Super Bowl next season. The 28-year-old Southern California native is a primary reason the Niners have been successful at defending the pass in recent years, though their run defense has been their biggest calling card of late.
In 2012, his first All-Pro season, Goldson totaled three interceptions and two fumble recoveries and one forced fumble.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Patrick Peterson ‘having fun’ with Richard Sherman feud - July 31, 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report - July 25, 2014
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres - July 19, 2014