- Stale Sacramento Kings fail versus Utah Jazz 122-101
- Mark Trumbo trade: Did Jerry Dipoto make the right move?
- Lakers news: Kobe Bryant’s return adds unique challenges for teammates
- Clippers news: Stephen Jackson signs with L.A.
- Sacramento Kings trade exports won’t be simple to replace
- Lakers: Kobe Bryant’s improvement encouraging
- Kobe Bryant improves, but Lakers fall 114-108 to Suns
- Chargers vs. Broncos preview: Philip Rivers needs big day for Bolts upset
- Los Angeles Angels news: Halos acquire Tyler Skaggs and Hector Santiago in three-team deal
- UCLA LB Anthony Barr earns Lott Award, eyes others
NFL free agency 2013: Dashon Goldson wants $8 million per year
- Updated: March 4, 2013
San Francisco 49ers safety Dashon Goldson is entering the prime of his career as an anchor to one of the NFL’s best defenses, and according to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, he expects to be compensated as such to the tune of $8 million per season.
The 49ers will likely let Goldson hit the free agent market this offseason as they are not likely to tag him for the second straight year as their franchise player. Goldson has gone on record numerous times saying he does not want to be designated once again. The Niners consider Goldson a priority to re-sign, though it’s unclear at this point how much they’re willing to pay him and for how many years.
Goldson is seen as a player who could help a team that’s close to postseason glory get over the final hurdle to a Super Bowl win. The Niners will need him equally as badly as they try to defend their NFC Championship title and take the next step in winning the Super Bowl next season. The 28-year-old Southern California native is a primary reason the Niners have been successful at defending the pass in recent years, though their run defense has been their biggest calling card of late.
In 2012, his first All-Pro season, Goldson totaled three interceptions and two fumble recoveries and one forced fumble.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Lakers news: Kobe Bryant’s return adds unique challenges for teammates - December 11, 2013
- Clippers news: Stephen Jackson signs with L.A. - December 11, 2013
- UCLA LB Anthony Barr earns Lott Award, eyes others - December 9, 2013