- Angels midseason grades: Turmoil overshadows reasonable start
- Greg Monroe to visit with Lakers, Blazers during free agency
- Matt Kemp hitting leadoff as Padres shake things up vs. Giants
- Padres promote Pat Murphy for remainder of the season
- Clippers acquire Lance Stephenson for Matt Barnes, Spencer Hawes
- Bud Black fired by Padres after nine seasons
- 3 takeaways from Seattle Seahawks OTAs
- Stephen Curry goes cold as Warriors fall to Cavs in OT, 95-93
- San Diego State, USD agree to basketball game at Petco Park, add four years to contract
- LeBron James’ 44 not enough as Warriors top Cavs in OT, 108-100
NFL free agency 2013: Dashon Goldson wants $8 million per year
- Updated: March 4, 2013
San Francisco 49ers safety Dashon Goldson is entering the prime of his career as an anchor to one of the NFL’s best defenses, and according to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, he expects to be compensated as such to the tune of $8 million per season.
The 49ers will likely let Goldson hit the free agent market this offseason as they are not likely to tag him for the second straight year as their franchise player. Goldson has gone on record numerous times saying he does not want to be designated once again. The Niners consider Goldson a priority to re-sign, though it’s unclear at this point how much they’re willing to pay him and for how many years.
Goldson is seen as a player who could help a team that’s close to postseason glory get over the final hurdle to a Super Bowl win. The Niners will need him equally as badly as they try to defend their NFC Championship title and take the next step in winning the Super Bowl next season. The 28-year-old Southern California native is a primary reason the Niners have been successful at defending the pass in recent years, though their run defense has been their biggest calling card of late.
In 2012, his first All-Pro season, Goldson totaled three interceptions and two fumble recoveries and one forced fumble.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Angels midseason grades: Turmoil overshadows reasonable start - July 1, 2015
- Greg Monroe to visit with Lakers, Blazers during free agency - June 29, 2015
- Clippers acquire Lance Stephenson for Matt Barnes, Spencer Hawes - June 15, 2015