- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
- Alvin Gentry says Shaquille O’Neal ambushed teammates naked
- Sacramento Kings unveil new 2014 home, away jerseys
- NFL Training Camp 2014: Chargers season preview
- Raiders training camp 2014: Darren McFadden unfazed by demotion
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy
- Outdoor game between Sharks and Kings leaked
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71
- UCLA to replace waterlogged court at Pauley Pavilion
NFL free agency 2013: Dashon Goldson wants $8 million per year
- Updated: March 4, 2013
San Francisco 49ers safety Dashon Goldson is entering the prime of his career as an anchor to one of the NFL’s best defenses, and according to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, he expects to be compensated as such to the tune of $8 million per season.
The 49ers will likely let Goldson hit the free agent market this offseason as they are not likely to tag him for the second straight year as their franchise player. Goldson has gone on record numerous times saying he does not want to be designated once again. The Niners consider Goldson a priority to re-sign, though it’s unclear at this point how much they’re willing to pay him and for how many years.
Goldson is seen as a player who could help a team that’s close to postseason glory get over the final hurdle to a Super Bowl win. The Niners will need him equally as badly as they try to defend their NFC Championship title and take the next step in winning the Super Bowl next season. The 28-year-old Southern California native is a primary reason the Niners have been successful at defending the pass in recent years, though their run defense has been their biggest calling card of late.
In 2012, his first All-Pro season, Goldson totaled three interceptions and two fumble recoveries and one forced fumble.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Tiger Woods injury: PGA Championship status unknown, future cloudy - August 4, 2014
- WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2014: Tiger Woods struggles with Round 2 71 - August 2, 2014
- UCLA to replace waterlogged court at Pauley Pavilion - August 2, 2014