- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
- NFL Combine 2015: Top 5 Winners and Losers
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash
- Doc Rivers still recruiting Kendrick Perkins ‘hard,’ per report
- Brett Hundley impresses at NFL Combine with 4.63 40
- San Diego mayor on Chargers-Raiders proposal: ‘That’s not how you do business’
- Chargers, Raiders move forward with Los Angeles stadium proposal
- Seahawks GM seeks Marshawn Lynch contract resolution
- Oregon, head coach Mark Helfrich agree to 5-year, $17.5M extension
Clippers news: Chris Paul rewards Texas teens for act of kindness
- Updated: March 4, 2013
Los Angeles Clippers superstar Chris Paul appreciates assists of any kind, and demonstrated as much when he personally invited two Texas teenagers to attend Sunday’s game vs. the Oklahoma City Thunder on him.
The reward from Paul was in response to a viral sensation that included one youth lending a helping hand to another, with basketball being the common thread between the two.
Paul got wind of the fact that Jonathan Montez, a senior at Franklin High School in El Paso gave Mitchell Marcus, a special needs student from Coronado High School, an opportunity to score a memorable hoop in a game. Marcus is an avid basketball fan and team manager whose coach, Peter Morales, allowed him to play late in the game.
The game took place on Feb. 12 and Scooter Braun, the manager of pop sensation Justin Beiber gave Paul the heads up. The two are friends, and Braun sat courtside with the group that included Montez, Morales, Marcus and the two players’ families as the Clippers fell to the visiting Thunder.
After the game, Paul visited with the group and gave them signed jerseys and posed with teammates Lamar Odom, Matt Barnes, Jamal Crawford and Grant Hill.
“I was very happy,” Marcus told the Associated Press at halftime. “Amazing, it’s my dream.”
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ - February 23, 2015
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League - February 21, 2015
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash - February 21, 2015