- Phil Jackson rumors: Ex-Lakers coach gets offers from Knicks
- Portland Trail Blazers’ GM eyes ‘elite’ status as goal
- Watch out for the Houston Rockets
- Brandon Browner reinstated by the NFL
- Corey Brewer reflects on his annihilation of Derek Fisher
- 2014 NFL Draft: 5 Pac-12 standouts who could make an immediate impact
- NFL Draft 2014: Jadeveon Clowney should be No. 1 pick, says Marcus Lattimore
- Seahawks choose not to use franchise tag on Steven Hauschka
- Donald Butler signs contract extension with Chargers
- Pablo Sandoval credits teammates with weight loss, increased fitness
Clippers news: Chris Paul rewards Texas teens for act of kindness
- Updated: March 4, 2013
Los Angeles Clippers superstar Chris Paul appreciates assists of any kind, and demonstrated as much when he personally invited two Texas teenagers to attend Sunday’s game vs. the Oklahoma City Thunder on him.
The reward from Paul was in response to a viral sensation that included one youth lending a helping hand to another, with basketball being the common thread between the two.
Paul got wind of the fact that Jonathan Montez, a senior at Franklin High School in El Paso gave Mitchell Marcus, a special needs student from Coronado High School, an opportunity to score a memorable hoop in a game. Marcus is an avid basketball fan and team manager whose coach, Peter Morales, allowed him to play late in the game.
The game took place on Feb. 12 and Scooter Braun, the manager of pop sensation Justin Beiber gave Paul the heads up. The two are friends, and Braun sat courtside with the group that included Montez, Morales, Marcus and the two players’ families as the Clippers fell to the visiting Thunder.
After the game, Paul visited with the group and gave them signed jerseys and posed with teammates Lamar Odom, Matt Barnes, Jamal Crawford and Grant Hill.
“I was very happy,” Marcus told the Associated Press at halftime. “Amazing, it’s my dream.”
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- VIDEO: Blake Griffin feeds DeAndre Jordan vs. Hawks - March 8, 2014
- VIDEO: Ty Lawson breaks Jodie Meeks’ ankles, adds insult to Lakers’ woes - March 7, 2014
- Phil Jackson rumors: Ex-Lakers coach gets offers from Knicks - March 7, 2014