- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
- Sharks finally finish Kings in season opener, 4-0
- Lakers training camp 2014: Has Wesley Johnson found his niche?
- NFL Quotes Roundup, Week 5: Reggie Wayne acknowledges age, RGIII makes progress
- Jets vs. Chargers: Bolts’ run defense has tough test Sunday
Clippers news: Chris Paul rewards Texas teens for act of kindness
- Updated: March 4, 2013
Los Angeles Clippers superstar Chris Paul appreciates assists of any kind, and demonstrated as much when he personally invited two Texas teenagers to attend Sunday’s game vs. the Oklahoma City Thunder on him.
The reward from Paul was in response to a viral sensation that included one youth lending a helping hand to another, with basketball being the common thread between the two.
Paul got wind of the fact that Jonathan Montez, a senior at Franklin High School in El Paso gave Mitchell Marcus, a special needs student from Coronado High School, an opportunity to score a memorable hoop in a game. Marcus is an avid basketball fan and team manager whose coach, Peter Morales, allowed him to play late in the game.
The game took place on Feb. 12 and Scooter Braun, the manager of pop sensation Justin Beiber gave Paul the heads up. The two are friends, and Braun sat courtside with the group that included Montez, Morales, Marcus and the two players’ families as the Clippers fell to the visiting Thunder.
After the game, Paul visited with the group and gave them signed jerseys and posed with teammates Lamar Odom, Matt Barnes, Jamal Crawford and Grant Hill.
“I was very happy,” Marcus told the Associated Press at halftime. “Amazing, it’s my dream.”
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report - October 17, 2014
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador - October 11, 2014
- Padres fall to Rockies, 3-2 despite testing Jorge De La Rosa - September 23, 2014