- Kobe Bryant injury update: Lakers G ‘days’ away from returning
- Kobe Bryant injury update: Lakers G rules himself for Friday’s game
- Lakers News: Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash practice again
- Dodgers close to re-signing Brian Wilson
- Sacramento Kings show resilience in 97-95 loss to Oklahoma City Thunder
- Lakers news: Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash return to practice
- Jordan Farmar injury: Lakers G out 4 weeks with hamstring tear
- Steve Sarkisian to USC: Looking at the former UW coach’s most ironic tweets
- Vernon Davis on groin tackle: ‘The most painful thing ever’
- NFC West Week 13 Roundup: Seahawks Clinch a playoff spot, 49ers stay in contention
Clippers news: Chris Paul rewards Texas teens for act of kindness
- Updated: March 4, 2013
Los Angeles Clippers superstar Chris Paul appreciates assists of any kind, and demonstrated as much when he personally invited two Texas teenagers to attend Sunday’s game vs. the Oklahoma City Thunder on him.
The reward from Paul was in response to a viral sensation that included one youth lending a helping hand to another, with basketball being the common thread between the two.
Paul got wind of the fact that Jonathan Montez, a senior at Franklin High School in El Paso gave Mitchell Marcus, a special needs student from Coronado High School, an opportunity to score a memorable hoop in a game. Marcus is an avid basketball fan and team manager whose coach, Peter Morales, allowed him to play late in the game.
The game took place on Feb. 12 and Scooter Braun, the manager of pop sensation Justin Beiber gave Paul the heads up. The two are friends, and Braun sat courtside with the group that included Montez, Morales, Marcus and the two players’ families as the Clippers fell to the visiting Thunder.
After the game, Paul visited with the group and gave them signed jerseys and posed with teammates Lamar Odom, Matt Barnes, Jamal Crawford and Grant Hill.
“I was very happy,” Marcus told the Associated Press at halftime. “Amazing, it’s my dream.”
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Steve Sarkisian to USC: Looking at the former UW coach’s most ironic tweets - December 3, 2013
- Bengals vs. Chargers: Ex-Cal WRs Marvin Jones, Keenan Allen keeping up with each other - December 2, 2013
- Bengals vs. Chargers: Ladarius Green underutilized in Bolts’ loss - December 1, 2013