- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
- NFL Combine 2015: Top 5 Winners and Losers
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash
- Doc Rivers still recruiting Kendrick Perkins ‘hard,’ per report
- Brett Hundley impresses at NFL Combine with 4.63 40
- San Diego mayor on Chargers-Raiders proposal: ‘That’s not how you do business’
- Chargers, Raiders move forward with Los Angeles stadium proposal
- Seahawks GM seeks Marshawn Lynch contract resolution
- Oregon, head coach Mark Helfrich agree to 5-year, $17.5M extension
Kobe Bryant earns Player of the Month award for February
- Updated: March 3, 2013
The NBA named Los Angeles Lakers superstar Kobe Bryant Player of the Month for the Western Conference on Friday.
Bryant led the Lakers to a 9-4 record in the month of February and averaged 23.9 points, 6.6 assists and 6.7 rebounds per contest. He turned in his fifth 40-point effort in a Feb. 22 win vs. Portland at Staples Center and has had three games of at least 30 or more points, giving him 24 on the season and tying him with Kevin Durant for the most this season.
Bryant has embraced a different role than the pure scorer he’s been in the past. His assist numbers show how he’s adjusted his game to take what defenses have given him. Steve Nash is one of the best shooters in the league, and Bryant’s new approach has allowed the point guard to thrive from long range. The Lakers are coming into a critical stretch of games where they have to win roughly 16 of their last 23 games to have a realistic chance of making the playoffs in the Western Conference.
LeBron James earned the Eastern Conference Player of the Month honors. Other Western Conference nominees
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ - February 23, 2015
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League - February 21, 2015
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash - February 21, 2015