- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
- Sharks finally finish Kings in season opener, 4-0
- Lakers training camp 2014: Has Wesley Johnson found his niche?
- NFL Quotes Roundup, Week 5: Reggie Wayne acknowledges age, RGIII makes progress
Kobe Bryant earns Player of the Month award for February
- Updated: March 3, 2013
The NBA named Los Angeles Lakers superstar Kobe Bryant Player of the Month for the Western Conference on Friday.
Bryant led the Lakers to a 9-4 record in the month of February and averaged 23.9 points, 6.6 assists and 6.7 rebounds per contest. He turned in his fifth 40-point effort in a Feb. 22 win vs. Portland at Staples Center and has had three games of at least 30 or more points, giving him 24 on the season and tying him with Kevin Durant for the most this season.
Bryant has embraced a different role than the pure scorer he’s been in the past. His assist numbers show how he’s adjusted his game to take what defenses have given him. Steve Nash is one of the best shooters in the league, and Bryant’s new approach has allowed the point guard to thrive from long range. The Lakers are coming into a critical stretch of games where they have to win roughly 16 of their last 23 games to have a realistic chance of making the playoffs in the Western Conference.
LeBron James earned the Eastern Conference Player of the Month honors. Other Western Conference nominees
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report - October 17, 2014
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador - October 11, 2014
- Padres fall to Rockies, 3-2 despite testing Jorge De La Rosa - September 23, 2014