- Kobe Bryant injury update: Lakers G rules himself for Friday’s game
- Lakers News: Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash practice again
- Dodgers close to re-signing Brian Wilson
- Sacramento Kings show resilience in 97-95 loss to Oklahoma City Thunder
- Lakers news: Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash return to practice
- Jordan Farmar injury: Lakers G out 4 weeks with hamstring tear
- Steve Sarkisian to USC: Looking at the former UW coach’s most ironic tweets
- Vernon Davis on groin tackle: ‘The most painful thing ever’
- NFC West Week 13 Roundup: Seahawks Clinch a playoff spot, 49ers stay in contention
- Steve Sarkisian accepts USC head coaching position
Kobe Bryant earns Player of the Month award for February
- Updated: March 3, 2013
The NBA named Los Angeles Lakers superstar Kobe Bryant Player of the Month for the Western Conference on Friday.
Bryant led the Lakers to a 9-4 record in the month of February and averaged 23.9 points, 6.6 assists and 6.7 rebounds per contest. He turned in his fifth 40-point effort in a Feb. 22 win vs. Portland at Staples Center and has had three games of at least 30 or more points, giving him 24 on the season and tying him with Kevin Durant for the most this season.
Bryant has embraced a different role than the pure scorer he’s been in the past. His assist numbers show how he’s adjusted his game to take what defenses have given him. Steve Nash is one of the best shooters in the league, and Bryant’s new approach has allowed the point guard to thrive from long range. The Lakers are coming into a critical stretch of games where they have to win roughly 16 of their last 23 games to have a realistic chance of making the playoffs in the Western Conference.
LeBron James earned the Eastern Conference Player of the Month honors. Other Western Conference nominees
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Steve Sarkisian to USC: Looking at the former UW coach’s most ironic tweets - December 3, 2013
- Bengals vs. Chargers: Ex-Cal WRs Marvin Jones, Keenan Allen keeping up with each other - December 2, 2013
- Bengals vs. Chargers: Ladarius Green underutilized in Bolts’ loss - December 1, 2013