- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 100-98 loss to Rockets
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament
- MWC Championship 2015: Winston Shepard drops 16 to rout Colorado State in semifinal
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters
- Cowboys sign Darren McFadden for 2 years, $5.85 million
- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
Kobe Bryant earns Player of the Month award for February
- Updated: March 3, 2013
The NBA named Los Angeles Lakers superstar Kobe Bryant Player of the Month for the Western Conference on Friday.
Bryant led the Lakers to a 9-4 record in the month of February and averaged 23.9 points, 6.6 assists and 6.7 rebounds per contest. He turned in his fifth 40-point effort in a Feb. 22 win vs. Portland at Staples Center and has had three games of at least 30 or more points, giving him 24 on the season and tying him with Kevin Durant for the most this season.
Bryant has embraced a different role than the pure scorer he’s been in the past. His assist numbers show how he’s adjusted his game to take what defenses have given him. Steve Nash is one of the best shooters in the league, and Bryant’s new approach has allowed the point guard to thrive from long range. The Lakers are coming into a critical stretch of games where they have to win roughly 16 of their last 23 games to have a realistic chance of making the playoffs in the Western Conference.
LeBron James earned the Eastern Conference Player of the Month honors. Other Western Conference nominees
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues - March 17, 2015
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament - March 14, 2015
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters - March 13, 2015