- Boise State denies that Sam Ukwuachu’s 2013 dismissal was because of allegations of abuse
- Russell Wilson says he didn’t suffer a concussion in NFC Championship game
- Josh Rosen beats out Jerry Neuheisel as UCLA starting quarterback
- Jered Weaver says dugout outburst not aimed at Mike Trout
- Chargers news: Chris Watt should be getting more attention than D.J. Fluker
- Connor Halliday ready to restart professional football career
- Raiders, Taylor Mays officially agree to contract terms
- NaVorro Bowman brings needed lift to 49ers
- Kenny Stabler named Pro Football Hall of Fame senior finalist
- Sounders FC score 2 late goals against CD Olimpia in CONCACAF Champions League
Kobe Bryant earns Player of the Month award for February
- Updated: March 3, 2013
The NBA named Los Angeles Lakers superstar Kobe Bryant Player of the Month for the Western Conference on Friday.
Bryant led the Lakers to a 9-4 record in the month of February and averaged 23.9 points, 6.6 assists and 6.7 rebounds per contest. He turned in his fifth 40-point effort in a Feb. 22 win vs. Portland at Staples Center and has had three games of at least 30 or more points, giving him 24 on the season and tying him with Kevin Durant for the most this season.
Bryant has embraced a different role than the pure scorer he’s been in the past. His assist numbers show how he’s adjusted his game to take what defenses have given him. Steve Nash is one of the best shooters in the league, and Bryant’s new approach has allowed the point guard to thrive from long range. The Lakers are coming into a critical stretch of games where they have to win roughly 16 of their last 23 games to have a realistic chance of making the playoffs in the Western Conference.
LeBron James earned the Eastern Conference Player of the Month honors. Other Western Conference nominees
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Russell Wilson says he didn’t suffer a concussion in NFC Championship game - August 27, 2015
- Josh Rosen beats out Jerry Neuheisel as UCLA starting quarterback - August 27, 2015
- Blue Jays vs. Angels: East vs. West in potential October showdown - August 21, 2015