- Chargers vs. Bills, Week 3: Can Bolts build off big win?
- Chargers will go as far as Philip Rivers, veterans will take them
- Chargers vs. Seahawks: 3 things we learned in the Bolts’ 30-21 win
- NFL season 2014: Top 5 surprises of Week 2
- NFL mishandles Ray Rice situation
- Chargers vs. Cardinals, NFL Week 1 preview: Bolts have early road test on MNF stage
- Eric Weddle on 2014 Chargers: ‘We can beat anybody’
- Alex Boone, 49ers reach contract agreement, per report
- Charles Woodson on Raiders’ relocation: ‘It’d be devastating’
- Matt Schaub iffy in Sunday training camp
NFL free agency: 49ers “making it clear” they will not re-sign Randy Moss
- Updated: March 2, 2013
Per a league source, as reported by Profootballtalk.com’s Mike Florio, the San Francisco 49ers were “making it clear” during the NFL scouting combine that they would not re-sign free agent wide receiver Randy Moss.
Intending to stay away from Moss this offseason, they have already made plans to move forward without him. Whether it is through the draft, free agency or in a trade, the 49ers will not bring back the big-name receiver who didn’t produce. While he did appear in all 16 regular-season games, he finished the year with only 28 receptions for 434 yards and three touchdowns.
Last season, Moss returned from retirement and signed a one-year deal to join the 49ers. Keeping to himself for the most part, he seemed to be a good teammate who stayed away from the media and kept negative comments to himself. Days before the Super Bowl, Moss admitted that he was unhappy with minimal role with the team.
The 49ers go into next season with concerns at wide receiver. Aside from Michael Crabtree, they are currently left with Mario Manningham and Kyle Williams, who both had their seasons cut short due to ACL injuries, and unproven second-year wideout A.J. Jenkins.
Austin Chang is a Writer for Sports Out West and a San Francisco Bay Area-based sports journalist. His work can also be found on Yahoo! Sports and Rant Sports. Follow him on Twitter @_austinchang.
Latest posts by Austin Chang (see all)
- NFC West Week 4 roundup: 49ers dominate Rams, Seahawks win in overtime - September 30, 2013
- NFC West Week 3 roundup: Seahawks only bright spot in poor showing by division - September 23, 2013
- What will Trent Richardson do in Colts debut against 49ers? - September 22, 2013