- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
Carl Crawford injury: Dodgers OF in danger of missing opening day
- Updated: March 1, 2013
No one around the team has set a timetable for his return surrounding the injury, and that was by design. Everyone around knows that it’s up to the player and the medical staff to dictate when he is fully healthy and completely free of symptoms.
“It challenges opening day a little bit. Talking with Carl, he says ‘I know I can still do it,’ but I’ve said all along, it’s why we haven’t set hard deadlines for anything,” manager Don Mattingly said. “When Carl gets on the field, I want him to be competitive.”
Crawford underwent Tommy John surgery prior to coming to Los Angels, and as a position player, his timetable for return is faster than what’s customary for that of a pitcher. Still, the inflammation and nerve issues he’s experiencing are common for anyone who’s had the procedure done. During the rehab process, he is taking anti-inflammatory medication and resting in order to be completely healthy for the upcoming season.
“If he’s going to play 140 games, I’d rather it be 140 straight, rather than play 10 and be out two weeks,” Mattingly said.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report - January 20, 2015
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs - January 19, 2015
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried? - January 16, 2015