- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
Carl Crawford injury: Dodgers OF in danger of missing opening day
- Updated: March 1, 2013
No one around the team has set a timetable for his return surrounding the injury, and that was by design. Everyone around knows that it’s up to the player and the medical staff to dictate when he is fully healthy and completely free of symptoms.
“It challenges opening day a little bit. Talking with Carl, he says ‘I know I can still do it,’ but I’ve said all along, it’s why we haven’t set hard deadlines for anything,” manager Don Mattingly said. “When Carl gets on the field, I want him to be competitive.”
Crawford underwent Tommy John surgery prior to coming to Los Angels, and as a position player, his timetable for return is faster than what’s customary for that of a pitcher. Still, the inflammation and nerve issues he’s experiencing are common for anyone who’s had the procedure done. During the rehab process, he is taking anti-inflammatory medication and resting in order to be completely healthy for the upcoming season.
“If he’s going to play 140 games, I’d rather it be 140 straight, rather than play 10 and be out two weeks,” Mattingly said.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks - December 12, 2014
- VIDEO: Russell Wilson makes Fletcher Cox look silly on quarterback scramble - December 7, 2014
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70 - December 5, 2014