- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
- Sharks finally finish Kings in season opener, 4-0
- Lakers training camp 2014: Has Wesley Johnson found his niche?
- NFL Quotes Roundup, Week 5: Reggie Wayne acknowledges age, RGIII makes progress
Carl Crawford injury: Dodgers OF in danger of missing opening day
- Updated: March 1, 2013
No one around the team has set a timetable for his return surrounding the injury, and that was by design. Everyone around knows that it’s up to the player and the medical staff to dictate when he is fully healthy and completely free of symptoms.
“It challenges opening day a little bit. Talking with Carl, he says ‘I know I can still do it,’ but I’ve said all along, it’s why we haven’t set hard deadlines for anything,” manager Don Mattingly said. “When Carl gets on the field, I want him to be competitive.”
Crawford underwent Tommy John surgery prior to coming to Los Angels, and as a position player, his timetable for return is faster than what’s customary for that of a pitcher. Still, the inflammation and nerve issues he’s experiencing are common for anyone who’s had the procedure done. During the rehab process, he is taking anti-inflammatory medication and resting in order to be completely healthy for the upcoming season.
“If he’s going to play 140 games, I’d rather it be 140 straight, rather than play 10 and be out two weeks,” Mattingly said.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report - October 17, 2014
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador - October 11, 2014
- Padres fall to Rockies, 3-2 despite testing Jorge De La Rosa - September 23, 2014