- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
- NFL Combine 2015: Top 5 Winners and Losers
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash
- Doc Rivers still recruiting Kendrick Perkins ‘hard,’ per report
- Brett Hundley impresses at NFL Combine with 4.63 40
- San Diego mayor on Chargers-Raiders proposal: ‘That’s not how you do business’
- Chargers, Raiders move forward with Los Angeles stadium proposal
- Seahawks GM seeks Marshawn Lynch contract resolution
- Oregon, head coach Mark Helfrich agree to 5-year, $17.5M extension
Carl Crawford injury: Dodgers OF in danger of missing opening day
- Updated: March 1, 2013
No one around the team has set a timetable for his return surrounding the injury, and that was by design. Everyone around knows that it’s up to the player and the medical staff to dictate when he is fully healthy and completely free of symptoms.
“It challenges opening day a little bit. Talking with Carl, he says ‘I know I can still do it,’ but I’ve said all along, it’s why we haven’t set hard deadlines for anything,” manager Don Mattingly said. “When Carl gets on the field, I want him to be competitive.”
Crawford underwent Tommy John surgery prior to coming to Los Angels, and as a position player, his timetable for return is faster than what’s customary for that of a pitcher. Still, the inflammation and nerve issues he’s experiencing are common for anyone who’s had the procedure done. During the rehab process, he is taking anti-inflammatory medication and resting in order to be completely healthy for the upcoming season.
“If he’s going to play 140 games, I’d rather it be 140 straight, rather than play 10 and be out two weeks,” Mattingly said.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ - February 23, 2015
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League - February 21, 2015
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash - February 21, 2015