- Portland Trail Blazers’ GM eyes ‘elite’ status as goal
- Watch out for the Houston Rockets
- Brandon Browner reinstated by the NFL
- Corey Brewer reflects on his annihilation of Derek Fisher
- 2014 NFL Draft: 5 Pac-12 standouts who could make an immediate impact
- NFL Draft 2014: Jadeveon Clowney should be No. 1 pick, says Marcus Lattimore
- Seahawks choose not to use franchise tag on Steven Hauschka
- Donald Butler signs contract extension with Chargers
- Pablo Sandoval credits teammates with weight loss, increased fitness
- DeMarcus Cousins suspension: When will the Kings’ star start to behave?
Lakers news: Kobe Bryant not up for ‘fun’ season
- Updated: February 28, 2013
That’s because Bryant told ESPN Los Angeles on Wednesday that he’s developed an edginess and also mentioned to reporters after a win vs. the Dallas Mavericks that he’s become angry and is playing with more stoicism than ever. So while Dwight Howard is having fun with the season, no matter what the outcome, Bryant is taking a different approach and is treating everything as all business.
“I’m just naturally like that,” Bryant said Wednesday. “I think this type of situation brings it out of all of us a little bit more and hopefully will get us to another level.”
Howard took the Howard-like approach and tried to make light of an awful situation when he said that the Lakers need to enjoy the ride and that they should be thankful to be in the NBA and play basketball for a living. While true, that won’t satisfy Bryant or the Lakers’ management or fan base. Their window to win is extremely small given the make-up of their roster with aging superstars and lack of depth.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- VIDEO: Mike Trout, Yasiel Puig do battle in Spring Training - March 7, 2014
- Honda Classic 2014: Tiger Woods withdraws due to back injury - March 2, 2014
- Pablo Sandoval credits teammates with weight loss, increased fitness - February 28, 2014