- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
- Sharks finally finish Kings in season opener, 4-0
- Lakers training camp 2014: Has Wesley Johnson found his niche?
- NFL Quotes Roundup, Week 5: Reggie Wayne acknowledges age, RGIII makes progress
- Jets vs. Chargers: Bolts’ run defense has tough test Sunday
Lakers news: Kobe Bryant not up for ‘fun’ season
- Updated: February 28, 2013
That’s because Bryant told ESPN Los Angeles on Wednesday that he’s developed an edginess and also mentioned to reporters after a win vs. the Dallas Mavericks that he’s become angry and is playing with more stoicism than ever. So while Dwight Howard is having fun with the season, no matter what the outcome, Bryant is taking a different approach and is treating everything as all business.
“I’m just naturally like that,” Bryant said Wednesday. “I think this type of situation brings it out of all of us a little bit more and hopefully will get us to another level.”
Howard took the Howard-like approach and tried to make light of an awful situation when he said that the Lakers need to enjoy the ride and that they should be thankful to be in the NBA and play basketball for a living. While true, that won’t satisfy Bryant or the Lakers’ management or fan base. Their window to win is extremely small given the make-up of their roster with aging superstars and lack of depth.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report - October 17, 2014
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador - October 11, 2014
- Padres fall to Rockies, 3-2 despite testing Jorge De La Rosa - September 23, 2014