- Lou Holtz retires: Hopefully shows shift at ESPN
- Anquan Boldin on Colin Kaepernick: ‘Trust your skills’
- NFL trade rumors: Titans Willing to trade No.2 Pick?
- Nick Young injury: Lakers forward likely done for season
- Metta World Peace expressed interest in St. John’s head coaching job
- Darren Sharper settles multiple rape charges with plea deal
- NFL free agency 2015: Are there any targets left for the Seattle Seahawks?
- Michael Crabtree visits Dolphins amid shrinking market
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 100-98 loss to Rockets
Lakers news: Kobe Bryant not up for ‘fun’ season
- Updated: February 28, 2013
That’s because Bryant told ESPN Los Angeles on Wednesday that he’s developed an edginess and also mentioned to reporters after a win vs. the Dallas Mavericks that he’s become angry and is playing with more stoicism than ever. So while Dwight Howard is having fun with the season, no matter what the outcome, Bryant is taking a different approach and is treating everything as all business.
“I’m just naturally like that,” Bryant said Wednesday. “I think this type of situation brings it out of all of us a little bit more and hopefully will get us to another level.”
Howard took the Howard-like approach and tried to make light of an awful situation when he said that the Lakers need to enjoy the ride and that they should be thankful to be in the NBA and play basketball for a living. While true, that won’t satisfy Bryant or the Lakers’ management or fan base. Their window to win is extremely small given the make-up of their roster with aging superstars and lack of depth.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Chris Borland retires from 49ers amid health issues - March 17, 2015
- Wyoming upsets San Diego State, 45-43, wins Mountain West Conference Tournament - March 14, 2015
- Tiger Woods to skip Bay Hill, hopeful on Masters - March 13, 2015