- San Diego State football news: Four-star recruit DeSean Holmes abandons program
- Pressure doesn’t break Chris Taylor-Yamanoha
- Video: Watch Marshawn Lynch sell Skittles on shopping network
- Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O’Neal show love for one another on podcast
- Fred Jackson visits with Seahawks, contract imminent, per report
- Clippers fined $250K for mishandling DeAndre Jordan free agency
- Leonard Williams avoids serious knee-injury
- Tyrell Williams – former NCAA Division II wideout – is bolting up in San Diego
- Boise State denies that Sam Ukwuachu’s 2013 dismissal was because of allegations of abuse
- Russell Wilson says he didn’t suffer a concussion in NFC Championship game
Steve Nash injury update: Lakers’ PG says he’s feeling better
- Updated: February 27, 2013
Los Angeles Lakers point guard Steve Nash knows how to take care of an ailing back — he’s had one for most of his 17-year NBA career. Recently, though, his latest injury related to his troubled back is a new experience and he’s had to adjust to dealing with that in addition to his chronic issues.
According to InsideSoCal.com’s Mark Medina, Nash felt better after the Lakers’ 119-108 loss to the Denver Nuggets on the road that resembled a track meet as much as it did a basketball game.
“It actually felt a little better tonight,” Nash said. “It’s on its way out.”
Nash is an important part of the Lakers’ potential success this season. The 39-year-old is averaging 12.0 points and 7.1 assists per game in 34 games this season. He’s become more of a scoring threat of late and averaged 13.5 points per game after the All-Star break.
That’s good news for the Lakers as they fight to get back into the Western Conference playoff picture and chase the elusive .500 mark. They will take on the Minnesota Timberwolves on Thursday night at Staples Center in hopes of gaining ground on the eight-seeded Houston Rockets.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Dodgers call up Corey Seager in wake of Justin Turner injury - September 3, 2015
- Philip Rivers says clash with Seahawks’ Frank Clark was ‘no big deal’ - September 1, 2015
- Video: Watch Marshawn Lynch sell Skittles on shopping network - September 1, 2015