- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
- Sharks finally finish Kings in season opener, 4-0
- Lakers training camp 2014: Has Wesley Johnson found his niche?
- NFL Quotes Roundup, Week 5: Reggie Wayne acknowledges age, RGIII makes progress
Steve Nash injury update: Lakers’ PG says he’s feeling better
- Updated: February 27, 2013
Los Angeles Lakers point guard Steve Nash knows how to take care of an ailing back — he’s had one for most of his 17-year NBA career. Recently, though, his latest injury related to his troubled back is a new experience and he’s had to adjust to dealing with that in addition to his chronic issues.
According to InsideSoCal.com’s Mark Medina, Nash felt better after the Lakers’ 119-108 loss to the Denver Nuggets on the road that resembled a track meet as much as it did a basketball game.
“It actually felt a little better tonight,” Nash said. “It’s on its way out.”
Nash is an important part of the Lakers’ potential success this season. The 39-year-old is averaging 12.0 points and 7.1 assists per game in 34 games this season. He’s become more of a scoring threat of late and averaged 13.5 points per game after the All-Star break.
That’s good news for the Lakers as they fight to get back into the Western Conference playoff picture and chase the elusive .500 mark. They will take on the Minnesota Timberwolves on Thursday night at Staples Center in hopes of gaining ground on the eight-seeded Houston Rockets.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report - October 17, 2014
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador - October 11, 2014
- Padres fall to Rockies, 3-2 despite testing Jorge De La Rosa - September 23, 2014