- NCAA Tournament 2014: San Diego State head coach Steve Fisher eyeing top-4 seed
- Matt Kemp injury: Dodgers OF feeling strong after minor league game
- Phil Jackson rumors: Ex-Lakers coach gets offers from Knicks
- Portland Trail Blazers’ GM eyes ‘elite’ status as goal
- Watch out for the Houston Rockets
- Brandon Browner reinstated by the NFL
- Corey Brewer reflects on his annihilation of Derek Fisher
- 2014 NFL Draft: 5 Pac-12 standouts who could make an immediate impact
- NFL Draft 2014: Jadeveon Clowney should be No. 1 pick, says Marcus Lattimore
- Seahawks choose not to use franchise tag on Steven Hauschka
Steve Nash injury update: Lakers’ PG says he’s feeling better
- Updated: February 27, 2013
Los Angeles Lakers point guard Steve Nash knows how to take care of an ailing back — he’s had one for most of his 17-year NBA career. Recently, though, his latest injury related to his troubled back is a new experience and he’s had to adjust to dealing with that in addition to his chronic issues.
According to InsideSoCal.com’s Mark Medina, Nash felt better after the Lakers’ 119-108 loss to the Denver Nuggets on the road that resembled a track meet as much as it did a basketball game.
“It actually felt a little better tonight,” Nash said. “It’s on its way out.”
Nash is an important part of the Lakers’ potential success this season. The 39-year-old is averaging 12.0 points and 7.1 assists per game in 34 games this season. He’s become more of a scoring threat of late and averaged 13.5 points per game after the All-Star break.
That’s good news for the Lakers as they fight to get back into the Western Conference playoff picture and chase the elusive .500 mark. They will take on the Minnesota Timberwolves on Thursday night at Staples Center in hopes of gaining ground on the eight-seeded Houston Rockets.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- NCAA Tournament 2014: San Diego State head coach Steve Fisher eyeing top-4 seed - March 11, 2014
- Matt Kemp injury: Dodgers OF feeling strong after minor league game - March 9, 2014
- VIDEO: Blake Griffin feeds DeAndre Jordan vs. Hawks - March 8, 2014