- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
- NFL Combine 2015: Top 5 Winners and Losers
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash
- Doc Rivers still recruiting Kendrick Perkins ‘hard,’ per report
- Brett Hundley impresses at NFL Combine with 4.63 40
- San Diego mayor on Chargers-Raiders proposal: ‘That’s not how you do business’
- Chargers, Raiders move forward with Los Angeles stadium proposal
- Seahawks GM seeks Marshawn Lynch contract resolution
- Oregon, head coach Mark Helfrich agree to 5-year, $17.5M extension
Steve Nash injury update: Lakers’ PG says he’s feeling better
- Updated: February 27, 2013
Los Angeles Lakers point guard Steve Nash knows how to take care of an ailing back — he’s had one for most of his 17-year NBA career. Recently, though, his latest injury related to his troubled back is a new experience and he’s had to adjust to dealing with that in addition to his chronic issues.
According to InsideSoCal.com’s Mark Medina, Nash felt better after the Lakers’ 119-108 loss to the Denver Nuggets on the road that resembled a track meet as much as it did a basketball game.
“It actually felt a little better tonight,” Nash said. “It’s on its way out.”
Nash is an important part of the Lakers’ potential success this season. The 39-year-old is averaging 12.0 points and 7.1 assists per game in 34 games this season. He’s become more of a scoring threat of late and averaged 13.5 points per game after the All-Star break.
That’s good news for the Lakers as they fight to get back into the Western Conference playoff picture and chase the elusive .500 mark. They will take on the Minnesota Timberwolves on Thursday night at Staples Center in hopes of gaining ground on the eight-seeded Houston Rockets.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ - February 23, 2015
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League - February 21, 2015
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash - February 21, 2015