- San Diego State football news: Four-star recruit DeSean Holmes abandons program
- Pressure doesn’t break Chris Taylor-Yamanoha
- Video: Watch Marshawn Lynch sell Skittles on shopping network
- Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O’Neal show love for one another on podcast
- Fred Jackson visits with Seahawks, contract imminent, per report
- Clippers fined $250K for mishandling DeAndre Jordan free agency
- Leonard Williams avoids serious knee-injury
- Tyrell Williams – former NCAA Division II wideout – is bolting up in San Diego
- Boise State denies that Sam Ukwuachu’s 2013 dismissal was because of allegations of abuse
- Russell Wilson says he didn’t suffer a concussion in NFC Championship game
Ryan Madson injury: Angels’ reliever could resume throwing Monday
- Updated: February 18, 2013
Los Angeles Angels pitcher Ryan Madson could resume throwing as early as Monday, according to Jeff Fletcher of the Orange County Register.
The Halos acquired the 32-year-old to fill the closer role via free agency after he spent the first nine seasons of his career with the Philadelphia Phillies. The Cincinnati Reds signed him as a free agent following the 2011 campaign, but an injury sidelined him before he could provide any value to the Reds. He’s slated to make $3.25 milion with the Angels in 2013, and if healthy, could allow for some bullpen depth.
Madson had an MRI on his injured elbow earlier in the week that showed no structural damage. Should he miss any substantial amount of time, the Angels will likely turn to Guy Frieri, who served the closer last season.
For his career, Madson has pitched 349 innings, striking out 547 batters in the process. In his last full season with Philadelphia in 2011, the 6-foot-6 right hander collected a 2.37 ERA with 62 strikeouts and just 16 walks.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Dodgers call up Corey Seager in wake of Justin Turner injury - September 3, 2015
- Philip Rivers says clash with Seahawks’ Frank Clark was ‘no big deal’ - September 1, 2015
- Video: Watch Marshawn Lynch sell Skittles on shopping network - September 1, 2015