- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report
- Byron Scott dismisses talk of Kobe Bryant retirement
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs
- Marshawn Lynch may face discipline for media silence, lewd gesture
- Jack Del Rio says he’s been a ‘Raider his whole life’
- 3 things we learned from Clippers’ 126-121 loss to Cavaliers
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried?
- Jordan Farmar calls being waived by Clippers ‘mutual’
- Padres to host 2016 MLB All-Star game at Petco Park
- Clippers get Austin Rivers in 3-team trade involving Reggie Bullock
Ryan Madson injury: Angels’ reliever could resume throwing Monday
- Updated: February 18, 2013
Los Angeles Angels pitcher Ryan Madson could resume throwing as early as Monday, according to Jeff Fletcher of the Orange County Register.
The Halos acquired the 32-year-old to fill the closer role via free agency after he spent the first nine seasons of his career with the Philadelphia Phillies. The Cincinnati Reds signed him as a free agent following the 2011 campaign, but an injury sidelined him before he could provide any value to the Reds. He’s slated to make $3.25 milion with the Angels in 2013, and if healthy, could allow for some bullpen depth.
Madson had an MRI on his injured elbow earlier in the week that showed no structural damage. Should he miss any substantial amount of time, the Angels will likely turn to Guy Frieri, who served the closer last season.
For his career, Madson has pitched 349 innings, striking out 547 batters in the process. In his last full season with Philadelphia in 2011, the 6-foot-6 right hander collected a 2.37 ERA with 62 strikeouts and just 16 walks.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Gase was 49ers’ choice for head coach before final interview, per report - January 20, 2015
- NFL investigating New England Patriots for deflated footballs - January 19, 2015
- Jim Tomsula is an awkward interview, should 49ers fans be worried? - January 16, 2015