- Raiders training camp 2014: line of scrimmage a focus
- Raiders training camp 2014: Dennis Allen in ‘love’ with his quarterbacks
- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
- MVP performance a future glimpse of Ray McCallum
Ryan Madson injury: Angels’ reliever could resume throwing Monday
- Updated: February 18, 2013
Los Angeles Angels pitcher Ryan Madson could resume throwing as early as Monday, according to Jeff Fletcher of the Orange County Register.
The Halos acquired the 32-year-old to fill the closer role via free agency after he spent the first nine seasons of his career with the Philadelphia Phillies. The Cincinnati Reds signed him as a free agent following the 2011 campaign, but an injury sidelined him before he could provide any value to the Reds. He’s slated to make $3.25 milion with the Angels in 2013, and if healthy, could allow for some bullpen depth.
Madson had an MRI on his injured elbow earlier in the week that showed no structural damage. Should he miss any substantial amount of time, the Angels will likely turn to Guy Frieri, who served the closer last season.
For his career, Madson has pitched 349 innings, striking out 547 batters in the process. In his last full season with Philadelphia in 2011, the 6-foot-6 right hander collected a 2.37 ERA with 62 strikeouts and just 16 walks.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report - July 25, 2014
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres - July 19, 2014
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million - July 18, 2014