- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ
- NFL Combine 2015: Top 5 Winners and Losers
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash
- Doc Rivers still recruiting Kendrick Perkins ‘hard,’ per report
- Brett Hundley impresses at NFL Combine with 4.63 40
- San Diego mayor on Chargers-Raiders proposal: ‘That’s not how you do business’
- Chargers, Raiders move forward with Los Angeles stadium proposal
- Seahawks GM seeks Marshawn Lynch contract resolution
- Oregon, head coach Mark Helfrich agree to 5-year, $17.5M extension
Ryan Madson injury: Angels’ reliever could resume throwing Monday
- Updated: February 18, 2013
Los Angeles Angels pitcher Ryan Madson could resume throwing as early as Monday, according to Jeff Fletcher of the Orange County Register.
The Halos acquired the 32-year-old to fill the closer role via free agency after he spent the first nine seasons of his career with the Philadelphia Phillies. The Cincinnati Reds signed him as a free agent following the 2011 campaign, but an injury sidelined him before he could provide any value to the Reds. He’s slated to make $3.25 milion with the Angels in 2013, and if healthy, could allow for some bullpen depth.
Madson had an MRI on his injured elbow earlier in the week that showed no structural damage. Should he miss any substantial amount of time, the Angels will likely turn to Guy Frieri, who served the closer last season.
For his career, Madson has pitched 349 innings, striking out 547 batters in the process. In his last full season with Philadelphia in 2011, the 6-foot-6 right hander collected a 2.37 ERA with 62 strikeouts and just 16 walks.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Northern Trust Open 2015: James Hahn is the people’s champ - February 23, 2015
- Lakers news: Julius Randle expected to play NBA Summer League - February 21, 2015
- NFL Scouting Combine: Marcus Mariota tops QBs with 4.52 40-yard dash - February 21, 2015