- NHL playoffs 2014 preview: Stanley Cup roundtable and predictions
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale
- West Coast sports roundup, Week 15: 49ers’ Aldon Smith arrested, Josh Hamilton out for two months
- NFL Draft 2014: Whose stock is rising and falling?
- Lakers lose 7th straight in home finale blowout vs. Grizzlies, 102-90
- Sacramento Kings look ahead in win vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Are stalled contract talks weighing down Pablo Sandoval?
- Los Angeles Lakers: 5 players L.A. needs to keep in 2014-15
- NHL Playoffs 2014: 3 dark horse Western Conference squads with a shot at the Stanley Cup
Ryan Madson injury: Angels’ reliever could resume throwing Monday
- Updated: February 18, 2013
Los Angeles Angels pitcher Ryan Madson could resume throwing as early as Monday, according to Jeff Fletcher of the Orange County Register.
The Halos acquired the 32-year-old to fill the closer role via free agency after he spent the first nine seasons of his career with the Philadelphia Phillies. The Cincinnati Reds signed him as a free agent following the 2011 campaign, but an injury sidelined him before he could provide any value to the Reds. He’s slated to make $3.25 milion with the Angels in 2013, and if healthy, could allow for some bullpen depth.
Madson had an MRI on his injured elbow earlier in the week that showed no structural damage. Should he miss any substantial amount of time, the Angels will likely turn to Guy Frieri, who served the closer last season.
For his career, Madson has pitched 349 innings, striking out 547 batters in the process. In his last full season with Philadelphia in 2011, the 6-foot-6 right hander collected a 2.37 ERA with 62 strikeouts and just 16 walks.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- VIDEO: Damian Lillard’s adidas commercial is outstanding - April 16, 2014
- Michael Cuddyer injury: Rockies OF exits with hurt right elbow - April 14, 2014
- VIDEO: Nick Young’s 360-degree layup connects in Lakers’ home finale - April 14, 2014