- Boise State denies that Sam Ukwuachu’s 2013 dismissal was because of allegations of abuse
- Russell Wilson says he didn’t suffer a concussion in NFC Championship game
- Josh Rosen beats out Jerry Neuheisel as UCLA starting quarterback
- Jered Weaver says dugout outburst not aimed at Mike Trout
- Chargers news: Chris Watt should be getting more attention than D.J. Fluker
- Connor Halliday ready to restart professional football career
- Raiders, Taylor Mays officially agree to contract terms
- NaVorro Bowman brings needed lift to 49ers
- Kenny Stabler named Pro Football Hall of Fame senior finalist
- Sounders FC score 2 late goals against CD Olimpia in CONCACAF Champions League
Northern Trust Open 2013: Matt Kuchar seeks 1st West Coast PGA TOUR win
- Updated: February 15, 2013
Matt Kuchar has yet to win on the West Coast, but he’s off to a good start after firing a first-round 64 to lead the Northern Trust Open by one stroke after Day 1.
The four-time PGA TOUR winner has only one victory in his career in the first four months of the PGA TOUR season and none in the PGA TOUR’s West Coast swing. He made things look easy during a bogey-free round that included three easy birdies on the first three holes — all of which came on putts inside of three feet.
The hot start is not an anomaly for the player known as “Kuch”. So far in 2013 he has two top-10 finishes in Hawaii and finished T16 at the Humana Challenge.
James Hahn, a former University of California collegiate star has made waves in his rookie campaign already, finishing just three shots back of the leader Kuchar with a 67 on Thursday. Hahn is coming fresh off a T3 performance at the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am and has become a viral sensation for his “Gangnam Style” dance after making a birdie at the Waste Management Phoenix Open.
Here’s a taste of that action:
We can’t wait to see what he does if he wins in his home state.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Russell Wilson says he didn’t suffer a concussion in NFC Championship game - August 27, 2015
- Josh Rosen beats out Jerry Neuheisel as UCLA starting quarterback - August 27, 2015
- Blue Jays vs. Angels: East vs. West in potential October showdown - August 21, 2015