- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Missed tackles, timely penalties cost Bolts
- Chargers vs. Chiefs: Bolts beat themselves, lose 23-20
- Percy Harvin trade showcases the bureaucracy of sports
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report
- Chargers news: Branden Oliver is just what the Bolts needed
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador
- Chargers secondary flying under the radar
- Sharks finally finish Kings in season opener, 4-0
- Lakers training camp 2014: Has Wesley Johnson found his niche?
- NFL Quotes Roundup, Week 5: Reggie Wayne acknowledges age, RGIII makes progress
Northern Trust Open 2013: Matt Kuchar seeks 1st West Coast PGA TOUR win
- Updated: February 15, 2013
Matt Kuchar has yet to win on the West Coast, but he’s off to a good start after firing a first-round 64 to lead the Northern Trust Open by one stroke after Day 1.
The four-time PGA TOUR winner has only one victory in his career in the first four months of the PGA TOUR season and none in the PGA TOUR’s West Coast swing. He made things look easy during a bogey-free round that included three easy birdies on the first three holes — all of which came on putts inside of three feet.
The hot start is not an anomaly for the player known as “Kuch”. So far in 2013 he has two top-10 finishes in Hawaii and finished T16 at the Humana Challenge.
James Hahn, a former University of California collegiate star has made waves in his rookie campaign already, finishing just three shots back of the leader Kuchar with a 67 on Thursday. Hahn is coming fresh off a T3 performance at the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am and has become a viral sensation for his “Gangnam Style” dance after making a birdie at the Waste Management Phoenix Open.
Here’s a taste of that action:
We can’t wait to see what he does if he wins in his home state.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Percy Harvin trade: Seahawks shopped wide receiver for ‘weeks,’ per report - October 17, 2014
- Landon Donovan’s final U.S. match ends in 1-1 draw vs. Ecuador - October 11, 2014
- Padres fall to Rockies, 3-2 despite testing Jorge De La Rosa - September 23, 2014