- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
Northern Trust Open 2013: Matt Kuchar seeks 1st West Coast PGA TOUR win
- Updated: February 15, 2013
Matt Kuchar has yet to win on the West Coast, but he’s off to a good start after firing a first-round 64 to lead the Northern Trust Open by one stroke after Day 1.
The four-time PGA TOUR winner has only one victory in his career in the first four months of the PGA TOUR season and none in the PGA TOUR’s West Coast swing. He made things look easy during a bogey-free round that included three easy birdies on the first three holes — all of which came on putts inside of three feet.
The hot start is not an anomaly for the player known as “Kuch”. So far in 2013 he has two top-10 finishes in Hawaii and finished T16 at the Humana Challenge.
James Hahn, a former University of California collegiate star has made waves in his rookie campaign already, finishing just three shots back of the leader Kuchar with a 67 on Thursday. Hahn is coming fresh off a T3 performance at the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am and has become a viral sensation for his “Gangnam Style” dance after making a birdie at the Waste Management Phoenix Open.
Here’s a taste of that action:
We can’t wait to see what he does if he wins in his home state.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Adam Silver says NBA players don’t tank - December 20, 2014
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks - December 12, 2014
- VIDEO: Russell Wilson makes Fletcher Cox look silly on quarterback scramble - December 7, 2014