- Kobe Bryant return: Lakers star to debut Sunday vs. Raptors
- Robinson Cano, Mariners agree to 10-year, $240M deal after Jay-Z gets in the way
- Trail Blazers: ‘Rip City’ is a legitimate Western Conference threat
- Seahawks vs. 49ers preview: Seattle can clinch NFC West with season sweep of division rival
- Kobe Bryant injury update: Lakers G ‘days’ away from returning
- Why Brent Burns is the key to success in San Jose
- Kobe Bryant injury update: Lakers G rules himself for Friday’s game
- Lakers News: Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash practice again
- Los Angeles Clippers’ bench needs to step up in place of J.J. Redick
- Dodgers close to re-signing Brian Wilson
Northern Trust Open 2013: Matt Kuchar seeks 1st West Coast PGA TOUR win
- Updated: February 15, 2013
Matt Kuchar has yet to win on the West Coast, but he’s off to a good start after firing a first-round 64 to lead the Northern Trust Open by one stroke after Day 1.
The four-time PGA TOUR winner has only one victory in his career in the first four months of the PGA TOUR season and none in the PGA TOUR’s West Coast swing. He made things look easy during a bogey-free round that included three easy birdies on the first three holes — all of which came on putts inside of three feet.
The hot start is not an anomaly for the player known as “Kuch”. So far in 2013 he has two top-10 finishes in Hawaii and finished T16 at the Humana Challenge.
James Hahn, a former University of California collegiate star has made waves in his rookie campaign already, finishing just three shots back of the leader Kuchar with a 67 on Thursday. Hahn is coming fresh off a T3 performance at the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am and has become a viral sensation for his “Gangnam Style” dance after making a birdie at the Waste Management Phoenix Open.
Here’s a taste of that action:
We can’t wait to see what he does if he wins in his home state.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Kobe Bryant return: Lakers star to debut Sunday vs. Raptors - December 6, 2013
- Robinson Cano, Mariners agree to 10-year, $240M deal after Jay-Z gets in the way - December 6, 2013
- Steve Sarkisian to USC: Looking at the former UW coach’s most ironic tweets - December 3, 2013