- Seattle Seahawks jerseys top NFLshop.com sales
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres
- NBA Summer League 2014: Julius Randle, Jordan Clarkson lead Lakers past Nuggets, 83-77
- Joe Torre on Hall of Fame: ‘Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity’
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million
- Steve Kerr impresses at NBA Summer League, despite record
- British Open 2014: Tiger Woods fires 69, sits 3 shots back after Round 1
- The Sacramento Kings’ veteran crisis
- NBA Summer League tournament beginning to take shape
- 5 NBA Summer League players who could earn rotation spots
Northern Trust Open 2013: Matt Kuchar seeks 1st West Coast PGA TOUR win
- Updated: February 15, 2013
Matt Kuchar has yet to win on the West Coast, but he’s off to a good start after firing a first-round 64 to lead the Northern Trust Open by one stroke after Day 1.
The four-time PGA TOUR winner has only one victory in his career in the first four months of the PGA TOUR season and none in the PGA TOUR’s West Coast swing. He made things look easy during a bogey-free round that included three easy birdies on the first three holes — all of which came on putts inside of three feet.
The hot start is not an anomaly for the player known as “Kuch”. So far in 2013 he has two top-10 finishes in Hawaii and finished T16 at the Humana Challenge.
James Hahn, a former University of California collegiate star has made waves in his rookie campaign already, finishing just three shots back of the leader Kuchar with a 67 on Thursday. Hahn is coming fresh off a T3 performance at the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am and has become a viral sensation for his “Gangnam Style” dance after making a birdie at the Waste Management Phoenix Open.
Here’s a taste of that action:
We can’t wait to see what he does if he wins in his home state.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres - July 19, 2014
- Clippers news: Glen Davis re-signs for 1-year, $1.2 million - July 18, 2014
- British Open 2014: Tiger Woods fires 69, sits 3 shots back after Round 1 - July 17, 2014