- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks
- UFC 181: 3 thoughts surrounding Robbie Lawler’s welterweight title win
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70
- Jim Harbaugh defends Colin Kaepernick’s press conference
- Tiger Woods returns, struggles to 77 at Hero World Challenge
- Pac-12 Championship Game tickets least expensive in 4 years
- MLB offseason 2014: Will Nelson Cruz be able to repeat his success?
- Kings’ Slava Voynov will face felony assault charge
- Tim Howard earns U.S. Male Soccer Athlete of the Year honor
- Is Robert Griffin III an NFL bust?
Phil Mickelson to skip WGC-Accenture match play event in Arizona
- Updated: February 9, 2013
For the third time in four years, Phil Mickelson will skip the WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship at Marana, according to AP Golf Writer Doug Ferguson.
Mickelson spoke to reporters on Thursday and stated that he would skip the PGA TOUR’s only match play event due to his two children’s school break coinciding with the scheduled event. The current world No. 10 said that he and his family will instead go on a vacation rather than have him play in the event that will take place Feb. 20-24 at the Ritz-Carlton Golf Club in Marana, Ariz.
The desert has been kind to Mickelson over the course of his storied career, and he most recently came away with a victory at the Waste Management Phoenix Open for the third time in his career when he went wire-to-wire and completed the second-lowest total for a 72-hole event in PGA TOUR history. As a result, he cracked the top-10 once again this week after being ranked 22nd the week prior to winning the event.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Anthony Davis injury: 49ers tackle out vs. Seahawks - December 12, 2014
- VIDEO: Russell Wilson makes Fletcher Cox look silly on quarterback scramble - December 7, 2014
- Hero World Challenge 2014: Tiger Woods’ short game fails with 2nd round 70 - December 5, 2014