- Patrick Peterson ‘having fun’ with Richard Sherman feud
- Raiders training camp 2014: line of scrimmage a focus
- Raiders training camp 2014: Dennis Allen in ‘love’ with his quarterbacks
- NFL training camp 2014: Tony Bergstrom ready to meet expectations
- NFL training camp 2014: Raiders have an admirer in Justin Tuck
- Dwight Freeney, Chargers’ linebackers look to improve pass rush in 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report
- Chargers training camp 2014: Brandon Flowers ready to blossom with new team
- Raiders cut veteran Kevin Burnett
- Chargers open training camp on competitive note
Phil Mickelson to skip WGC-Accenture match play event in Arizona
- Updated: February 9, 2013
For the third time in four years, Phil Mickelson will skip the WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship at Marana, according to AP Golf Writer Doug Ferguson.
Mickelson spoke to reporters on Thursday and stated that he would skip the PGA TOUR’s only match play event due to his two children’s school break coinciding with the scheduled event. The current world No. 10 said that he and his family will instead go on a vacation rather than have him play in the event that will take place Feb. 20-24 at the Ritz-Carlton Golf Club in Marana, Ariz.
The desert has been kind to Mickelson over the course of his storied career, and he most recently came away with a victory at the Waste Management Phoenix Open for the third time in his career when he went wire-to-wire and completed the second-lowest total for a 72-hole event in PGA TOUR history. As a result, he cracked the top-10 once again this week after being ranked 22nd the week prior to winning the event.
Latest posts by Michael C. Jones (see all)
- Patrick Peterson ‘having fun’ with Richard Sherman feud - July 31, 2014
- Byron Scott has offer to coach Lakers, per report - July 25, 2014
- Angels acquire Huston Street from Padres - July 19, 2014